Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

TV stars share Diwali plans-HITEN ANKITA,RD,ASHA

1sanghamitra IF-Dazzler
1sanghamitra
1sanghamitra

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:36am | IP Logged

Ankita Lokhande - Archana of Pavitra Rishta:
I have always loved this festival of lights. Making rangolis and ofcourse bursting crackers is so much fun! And we also tend to have a small celebration on the sets of Pavitra Rishta as well. It is like one big happy family!

The huge variety of sweets that one has at home makes this my time of indulgence as it is the only occasion I get to spend time with my family and close friends.

Of course, as always, the celebrations depend on our shoot schedule ... hope we wrap up soon and get the much-needed quality time we need with our near and dear ones!

Hiten Tejwani - Manav of Pavitra Rishta:
I've always had a lot of fun during Diwali. My sisters used to make colourful rangolis and my mother made lovely mithais. It is lovely to see the whole city bright, colorful and lit up.

Every person has a smile on his face and this brings a lot of positive energy in the environment. I still laugh thinking of how scared I used to get as a kid when people around me burst crackers. Now things have changed.

The shoot schedules leave us with no time for ourselves. Still it is nice to see people celebrating the festival of lights. Wishing everyone a Happy Diwali.

Rithvik Dhanjani, Arjun of Pavitra Rishta:
Diwali is a very special time for me as I have some lovely memories of celebrating the festival in Dubai where I grew up. As Indians staying in Dubai, we used to go out of our way to bring alive the essence of the festival through all its elements - be it diyas, mithai, gifts, crackers.

With most of my family still in Dubai, I either try and get them to fly down or join them there ... My mother is very fond of decorating the entire house with lights and diyas for this festive occasion.

The flicker of the diyas in the house and the simultaneous display of gorgeous fireworks in the night sky is a truly incredible sight!

Asha Negi - Purvi of Pavitra Rishta:
Diwali is a festival of Laxmi puja, lights, earthern lamps, crackers & lots of sweets. I have some good memories of my childhood days on how we used to celebrate this festival.

Being the youngest daughter it was my responsibility to decorate the entire house. I used to decorate it with earthern lamps from early in the morning. After the Laxmi-Ganesh puja, we would all burst crackers. In our family, we have a tradition of having 'Paan' during Diwali and this was the only time my dad used to have paan.

As I've shifted to Mumbai now, I make sure I follow the same rituals here as well however the only difference being- here I celebrate this festival with my extended family i.e. my close friends.

Usha Nadkarni - Savita Tai of Pavitra Rishta:
Diwali has always been an important celebration for my family. As a tradition, the entire family comes down from all parts of the country to celebrate Diwali. It truly is an amazing experience to have each and every family member present for the puja every day.

Being a hindu, the grih pravesh also forms an important part of the celebration.

Then who can forget the sweets, crackers, lights & card games in the evenings.

However what always excited me the most was the new clothes that we had to have for all of the days of Diwali. This year will be no different (hopefully).

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=60938

Edited by 1sanghamitra - 12 November 2012 at 8:48am

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

Mi*chi*sweet_basketAshwin_Hegdesangsushitageetrana45..Aanchal..sunny8410MJaishankarGauravc_More48FireLordPhoenixAshlaikaNadaCinta-LiveLaughLove-lunzapeachesnplumsblueocean_787ameiliaRBAATanyazstyle14

Gauravc_More48 IF-Rockerz
Gauravc_More48
Gauravc_More48

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Thanku sangha
Ashwin_Hegde Senior Member
Ashwin_Hegde
Ashwin_Hegde

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:42am | IP Logged
thank u for the post Smile
Tanyaz IF-Stunnerz
Tanyaz
Tanyaz

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Thanks , the pictures given are so nice .Both Ankita and Hiten with their real life partners ... I love this particular picture of Sushant and Ankita .
Hope they are let off early so they can celebrate diwali with their loved ones ...

Happy Diwali to everyone here at the forum ...have lots of sweets and forget about dieting ...Wink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sunny8410MJaishankarFireLordPhoenixAshlaika

style14 IF-Addictz
style14
style14

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Rithvik Dhanjani, Arjun of Pavitra Rishta:
Diwali is a very special time for me as I have some lovely memories of celebrating the festival in Dubai where I grew up. As Indians staying in Dubai, we used to go out of our way to bring alive the essence of the festival through all its elements - be it diyas, mithai, gifts, crackers. 

With most of my family still in Dubai, I either try and get them to fly down or join them there ... My mother is very fond of decorating the entire house with lights and diyas for this festive occasion. 

The flicker of the diyas in the house and the simultaneous display of gorgeous fireworks in the night sky is a truly incredible sight!

Asha Negi - Purvi of Pavitra Rishta:
Diwali is a festival of Laxmi puja, lights, earthern lamps, crackers & lots of sweets. I have some good memories of my childhood days on how we used to celebrate this festival. 

Being the youngest daughter it was my responsibility to decorate the entire house. I used to decorate it with earthern lamps from early in the morning. After the Laxmi-Ganesh puja, we would all burst crackers. In our family, we have a tradition of having 'Paan' during Diwali and this was the only time my dad used to have paan. 

As I've shifted to Mumbai now, I make sure I follow the same rituals here as well however the only difference being- here I celebrate this festival with my extended family i.e. my close friends.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Mi*chi*Gauravc_More48FireLordPhoenixAshlaikaNadaCintapeachesnplumsblueocean_787Tanyaz

blueocean_787 IF-Sizzlerz
blueocean_787
blueocean_787

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:49am | IP Logged
Thank for sharing.
FireLordPhoenix IF-Rockerz
FireLordPhoenix
FireLordPhoenix

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:49am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article! I love that picture of Gauri and Hiten! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sunny8410M1sanghamitra

sweet_basket Senior Member
sweet_basket
sweet_basket

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:52am | IP Logged
thnx for sharing

Go to top