India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

TRANSPARENCY & DIGNITY...Long Post :)

trisasak Senior Member
trisasak
trisasak

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:29am | IP Logged
So things are finally settling down after the pandamonium of the last few days. I don't post often but I wanted to take a few minutes just to express my opinion on the whole issue. 

I as a viewer fell in LOVE with Arnav AND Khushi. So much so that I wanted to dance at their wedding and hand out jalebies when they finally tied the knot. I come home and eagerly anticipate the new episode every night. When they cry...I cry. When they smile...I smile.

I have also developed a great affection for the entire team of IPKKND. Especially Akshay & Barun and their LAME jokes. I thoroughly enjoy seeing the off-screen masti and bonding. It makes me feel as if I am also apart of that BIG happy family!

So obviously when rumors surfaced that Barun was taking a break around the same time that Akshay & Deepali were exiting the show, it made me very upset.

But I am an educated and intelligent viewer. I am able to discern the difference between actors and characters. 

So with a resigned heart I accepted Barun's word that he was indeed going for a break and not quitting. (He himself is yet to confirm this officially so I shall reserve judgement till that point)

MY PROBLEM LIES THUS...TRANSPARENCY!!!

I am not going to judge an actor for the professional choices they make. If Barun wants to leave...for whatever reason, then he has the absolute right to do so and I wish him the best of luck. My problem lies in the lack of transparency involved. I am not a cynic and nor do I jump at the opportunity to find inside politics where there is none. I took Barun's word at face value. 

My problem is that conflicting statements were made by the channel, the production house and the actor. 

1. The production house chooses to remain silent for longer than appropriate. I would be doing some major P.R damage control. Now Gul has come forward with an exclusive interview with Barun. I do acknowledge the fact that this will allay the concerns of some parties but it seems a little too obvious and perhaps late? I am in no way insinuating that Gul had anything to do with Barun's departure...rather that the situation could have been managed more appropriately. 

2. The channel Star Plus, while better at accommodating the fan's concerns, also disappointed me. Not because they confirmed that Barun was quitting but because they also have given out contradictory statements. The actor says he is taking a break...the channel confirms he is quitting. But before this happens the consumer helpline cannot makeup their mind as to whether he is indeed taking a break or quitting and for what reasons. Fans can hardly be blamed for their confusion and consequent scepticism. 

3. The actor. I cannot claim to know Barun but he has come across as a no-nonsense straight forward kind of a guy. So when he said that he was taking a break, I believed him. Till he confirms anything to the contrary I would still like to retain that faith. My problem in this scenario are the vague answers being given by him. Surely he knows his star power? If he doesn't...then I feel that to be naive (Sorry!). 

Nobody has any business knowing about his "supposed" break apart from the actor and the production house. I don't understand how such a thing is "leaked". If a statement is to be made by an actor, with that kind of popularity, then it sure as hell should be definitive and clear cut. If he is taking a break then before he makes that statement he SHOULD know when and for how long. If he is quitting and for professional reasons cannot come out and claim it as thus then that situation should also be handled with more finess. It is not appropriate for the channel to come out and contradict that statement with in 48 hours! 

AS A RESULT I have indeed become a little sceptical! Who do I believe? I won't even delve into reports by SBS/SBB/Newspapers. I am only looking for some congruity among the PH, the actor and the channel! Surely this cannot be good for their public perception!

I would like to believe that had Sanaya come forward to say that she would be taking a break,that the uproar would be equal. For me it has always been about Arnav & Khushi! One is not complete without the other. I would rather that the show end...obviously I understand that this is not exactly possible but I want to make my opinion heard just the same!

**************************************************************************************************
DIGNITY!!

It's not what you say its how you say it!

I am going to bring up a few issues I have had with the posts in this forum!

POLITICS

There were many posts regarding Gul's involvement in the whole scenario. I for one have reserved my opinion in that matter and for a good a reason. I simply DO NOT know! How can other's claim to? People made wild conjectures from sources that had not be appropriately vetoed. This of course doesn't mean that there isn't something going on either. 

We can guess all day and come up with our own opinions but the fact of the matter is that it is HIGHLY unlikely that we will know the truth anytime soon. After all the parties concerned must retain some shred of dignity. 

As for Barun being pushed out...maybe its true, maybe its not! I would like to think that the PH knows his value and wouldn't step on their own foot. Daljeet had repeatedly said that the PH was very accommodating and helped her in her decision to stay. Barun also said the same thing around the time of his film, when shooting schedules were to be decided. Surely if they have been so accommodating till now they would continue to do so?

If, as some people are suggesting, clashes regarding the direction of the show have taken place and it is for this reason Barun is leaving then shouldn't we respect his artistic integrity?    

BASHING

Don't get me started! While I am incredibly empathetic to people being upset (I for one just want to cry at the possibility that A&K might not be together) its gives NO right to use vulgar profanities towards anyone involved with the show. Be it Barun, Daljeet, Gautam, Gul, Abhaas or Viraf! 

Displeasure of certain actions can be expressed in a sophisticated manner. In turn what is happening is that the fans of the show are made to look stupid! Tweeting star execs and RJ's is one thing but fellow actors? 

Would it not create some kind of resentment? I would like to think that the star cast of IPKKND is above that. But I feel Abhaas was correct...there were so few posts regarding the ACTUAL departure of Akshay and Deepali. Infact I was compelled to make one! 

And the whole Viraf thing! By god I am not willing to accept anyone else as Arnav but does that give me a right to threaten someone to stay away? Especially that someone whose EXACT role is yet to be confirmed! 

Control people! Love must be expressed with peace and NOT vengeance! We want answers but at the cost of defaming someone's character without just cause or indeed evidence? 

SPOILERS

Psssht! Please! Everyone claims to know someone at Starplus or on the sets. It is laughable ROFL

To end on a positive note. I am blown away by the effect of fan power! People gathering together to fight for something they believe in! This post is by no means asking anyone to stop spamming or calling! But just asking if we could do it with a little class? 

If anything Barun should be humbled by the love he is receiving. I know I would be. Its not just crazy fans who have a crush on him but I genuinely believe that people here have his best interests at heart!

Ideally I would have liked that the show end with Barun & Sanaya just the way it began. Sigh. I cannot believe that two fictional (highly debatable) characters have compelled me to write such a long post. 

In my mind Khushi and Arnav are like family. For me it will be them...Forever & Always.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone!

The following 28 member(s) liked the above post:

rth81palemsrsvinutha91ebanerjeeMahika24vaughnlexaxelKhuarvIshi2012princesspurpleherebedragonstsnymdMeWantBananaAyaat1216-Siaa-nomad.nessMitsu91soni28henamanisreemeeracoolnisha_fun87jessjazzminimuffin86Sidda8PrasanthissyahooNitaReid.Screwtape.

trisasak Senior Member
trisasak
trisasak

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Seriously...no one agrees or has any opinions Confused
vinutha91 Groupbie
vinutha91
vinutha91

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Awesome post dear... Ipk cast s lyk my family nw. Just wnt t show to end on a gud note wit sarun. Thy r always gonna b spl. Weneva i hear t title track, i get tears in my eyes ... Luv u arshi:)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

trisasak

ebanerjee Groupbie
ebanerjee
ebanerjee

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Loved your post. Great points really !

Completely agree with you on the transparency part, and just like you I won't buy any statement until they make it an official one.

Also, yes I do sincerely hope that Barun Sobti has even the slighest idea about the effort his fans are putting for him , from all around the world. Smile

Edited by ebanerjee - 12 November 2012 at 9:15am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

trisasaksoni28

Ishi2012 Senior Member
Ishi2012
Ishi2012

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Nice post!!!

Well I agree on many a things but at the same time i disagree also on few things Smile
But the crux of the matter is same...

I, too, want the show to end with ARHI/Sarun, the way it started... Just don't want all this mess and politics or whatever is going on behind the scenes to ruin my memories of this show!!!

One thing, I would like to say here: As a viewer of IPK, we are end customers for both the channel & the production house... And it is very disheartening to see that they not only chose to completely ignore their audience but also mock their emotions, intelligence and loyaltyAngry This makes me feel like cheated!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Khuarvtrisasakhenamani...Tanu....Screwtape.

coolnisha_fun87 IF-Dazzler
coolnisha_fun87
coolnisha_fun87

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:28am | IP Logged
u wrote my thought...!!

i have no problems with barun's decision..its all his life..and logically i don't find any reason for him to lie..!!

channel playing safe..infact if a channel today says Barun is quitting to save themselves from 100 questions and tomorrow if Barun comes back that won't make difference to the channel.

PH...can't blame for any actor's exit but expected a better PR skills.

But some fans comes out everytime with their own sets of spoilers and forum believes in it.

And one thing whether you like an actor,cast or crew or do not like no one has given any right to mock at them..call them by any names...just because you won't be answered back with the same language you dare to write anything..

and when Abhaas's answer or BArun and Gul's chat looked mocking people felt bad..what about those mocking posts about them??You get what you give..its a social platform..2 way game.

Edited by coolnisha_fun87 - 12 November 2012 at 9:34am

trisasak

Mitsu91 Goldie
Mitsu91
Mitsu91

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Both Gupta and Raizada families are our families! They are great both on and off screen! I loved the show to the core and will love it forever! I wish everyone in the team a very good luck and great future and a lot of success from the bottom of my heart!

With that being said...I'm done believing in rumors, spoilers, speculations. etc. I'm ready to keep these beautiful 1.5 years of the show in my heart forever and accept whatever may come!

trisasak

minimuffin86 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:36am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24trisasakcoolnisha_fun87.Screwtape.

Go to top