India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Reasons Why PH Will Suffer In The Long Run

LondonChick IF-Dazzler
LondonChick
LondonChick

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:12am | IP Logged
After reading about the hysteria that Barun's leaving the show has caused I could not help but create this post.  I cannot help but ponder over whether the PH have made the right choice or not. 

Firstly, looking at the evidence it can be clearly seen that the USP of IPKKND is the unique love story of Arnav and Khushi with the evidence of this being how they have been monpolising the best jodi awards on all major award shows not just nationally but internationally as well. 

Second point, I do not think that any other person could pull of the characters for Arnav or Khushi apart from these two. The evidence for this can clearly be seen from the number of awards both Barun and Sanaya have won for their performances as Arnav and Khushi in IPKKND. To further expand on this point, Barun recently won the best actor award on the People's Choice Awards. This shows two things, firstly that the character of Arnav can only be pulled off by Barun and secondly that the character of Arnav and the serial of IPKKND has interantional recognition to a grat extent. 

Thirdly, I do not know how it works in other countries but in England the channel Star Plus is accessable on Sky but it's a pay per view channel for most people. This means that the majority of people have to pay to have the channel Star Plus. Okay so te next point I am going to make is a pretty straight forward one. If a lot of people pay to watch Star Plus and recent research has shown that IPKKND is one of the most popular shows to be watched by an interantional audienece what d yu think the outcome is going to be?Personally I believe that a lot of people will just stop paying to watch IPKKND due to Barun quitting as they are not happy overall leading to a loss for SP. 

Next point, I myself had seen the trailers for Qubool Hai and even watched the first episode. It seemed like a really good show. But my next point is that even if a show is promoted like crazy a show is only sucessful when it has a loyal fan base and a large audience.  And let's be practical seeing te size of the loyal fan base o IPKKND do the PH really think die hard IPKKND fans will really watch the show regardless of how good the storyline is? Hmm I'll leave that one to you guys to answer.  

Next point, does everyone remember the scene from Holi? Well according to the first interview that Brun did on the BBC radio wth Noreen Khan if I correctly remember Noreen informed Barun that that scene was one of the most talked about scenes o all times. So much so that India Forums actually crashed that evening. Hmm PH what do you think that shows? 

Okay whatsmore is if the current hysteria about a character leaving right now mixed with alleged rumours that the PH forcing one of the protagonists to quit is so notorious right now d yu really think that in the future any loyal avid fan on IPKKND will watch any shows created by that PH? 

My next point is this, I cannot remember whether it was the PH or SP that said this but I remember in an article I read one of these two themselves acknowledged how much of a success IPKKND is thus why they cannot end it so abruptly. So if you yourselves know this do you really think the show will ast if you take away one of the USP's of the show? 

This leads me to my next point about dubbing. Its not surprise that IPKKND has been dubbed into a load of other languages due to its immense popularity. My Di is a tive Telegu speaker who once told m to go and watch the Telegu version of the show. And I did. The background theme of Rabba Ve had been changed to a different song. I went further down on the page and saw a comments box. On the comments box I saw a numerous amount of complaints saying they had ruined all Arshi moments by changing the song! If such an outroar can be created over not having the oal Rabba Ve song do you really think that people will continue to quielty watch the show if Barun's not on it?

Next point if such is the fate of IPKKND and such has become the reputation of the PH do you think eople will let themselves become hooked on your new show or any otther show from fear tat the same fate might eclipse n those sows too?

So PH in conclusion if the alleged rumours of Barun being made to be a scapegoat of your media politics turns out to b true don't yu think in the long run it's actually you who has sabotaged your own name by forcing him to quit? Hmm these are all questions to ponder on PH. And it's also te long run you have to think of not just the situation now. 

PS. This post was not created to bash anyone. It's just me putting my thoughts down. Me know your thought too. And no bashing please!  

Edited by LondonChick - 12 November 2012 at 12:04pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

VultureTalonkrisha06Samsun11herebedragonsLIONHEARTserendipity235sami99nomad.nesscrazyaddictionDalmuthuya

apurvachanda Goldie
apurvachanda
apurvachanda

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:47am | IP Logged
mail it to 4rats/donkeys/monkeys watever u lyk..
LondonChick IF-Dazzler
LondonChick
LondonChick

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
83 views and only one reply??Cry

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top