Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

IPKKND OS: The Heart Goes On

Arshixx Groupbie
Arshixx
Arshixx

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:59am | IP Logged

The Heart Goes On...

A day late it may be but still...

This is OS is dedicated to all those who've lost somebody in the war. Happy Remembrance Day.

"Death ends a life, not a relationship."

Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie.

They all were seated together in a silence which wouldn't be broken, waiting for the news.

Payal's heart was thumping hard inside her chest as her palms continued to become sweaty. The time was slowly killing her. How long would it be till she would be able to get her life back?

Every now and then, she would glance towards the clear window, hoping for a sign. But it was always the same as the last time.

The dead silence was killing her. The ticking from the clock was killing her. The waiting was killing her.

She silently was lost in her thoughts, hoping for the best yet expecting the worst. She prepared herself for the worst and planned out her whole life without him if the news didn't turn out to be what she was hoping for. And turned out to be what she'd been expecting.

Khushi was much worse. Unable to let out her pain to anyone, she sat silently sobbing on the ground, keeping her head down. Feeling helpless, she kept digging her nails into her arms. Quite like Payal, she would look glimpse up to see any sign through the window. Yet finding nothing but the dusty air floating around; she would keep her head back down and begin sobbing again.
'Why did he have to leave?' she thought to herself bitterly as she reminisced each and every single moment she'd spent with him. It killed her to know that there was a chance she would never be able to see him again'

Nani and Anjali sat in peace, unable to understand what the two sisters were going through. Despite being anxious about what would happen, they sat comforting each other and leaving the two to be; they knew that no one would be able to understand the relationship they shared.

As the door burst open, Payal, Nani and Anjali stood up in haste and ran towards the door, leaving Khushi by herself.

"Akash!" Payal screamed joyfully as she sprinted to put her arms around him. Akash instantly returned the hug, happy to be home yet still despondent. "What's wrong?" Payal asked, frowning.

"Payal'" He started tearing up as he fell down to his knees. "Bhai' Bhai was stabbed in the war," he stammered, feeling a lump in his throat as he told.

Khushi's ears sharpened as she felt her heart stop.

Nani and Anjali burst into tears as they both leaned on each other for support.

Payal gasped in shock as her tears again began to fall out.

"Khushi bhabi?" Akash asked, getting up from his knees and shambling towards her. "Bhabi?" He said, leaning down to touch her arm. With no words as a response, she enveloped him into a tight embrace.

"I have no one now," she said, crying heavily, "He'll never be with me! I'll never be happy!" she said, starting to scream, feeling her head go light and dizzy. "My heart will never beat again'" she spoke as she loosened her grip around Akash's neck and fell back down.

1 year later.

As everyone bid goodbye after dinner, Khushi began to clean the table, happily. She went around to the kitchen, dumping the plates into the sink and putting away leftovers in the fridge. Doing the last of the chores, she walked to her room, making sure to turn off the lights like every night.

Opening the doors, she finished changing and clambered inside her bed just to get back up, feeling as if she was forgetting something.

Climbing out of bed, she walked slowly towards the glass doors, leading outside. Silently, she tugged towards the door handle, opening her to a shock which brought a smile to her face.

First noticing the lights kept on the wall and trees, she slowly walked inside. Roses were kept everywhere and petals were scattered onto the floor.

She burst into a smile as she continued to walk but feeling something under her feet. She looked down to find pieces of bangles and payals spread out on the floor, instantly recollecting previous moments. As she walked further, she noticed photos on the wall of them and the family, along with plates of food on the tables. As she began recalling every memory she ever had with him, she burst into tears of joy and a laugh as she thought of every prank and joke they'd shared.

But she didn't fail to notice the pearl necklace sitting on the edge of the large table. Feeling her eyes go misty again, she went towards it and remembered every time he would get her these.

Falling down onto the floor with her hands full of the items, she began thinking about each and every moment with him in great detail; whether it was the color of their clothes or the way he stammered to say he loved her.

Death had only ended his life; but their love wasn't to be ended.

Note: S-by-S (another writer) has also written this.

To everyone who's ever lost anyone from their life; I've lost my grandma. And when I found out, I stopped my own life by not talking to anyone and just being down. Someone then explained to me that if she was alive, she wouldn't want this. I know it's hard to get through but I do believe they will always be there with you and no one can kill a relationship - hence the quote.

Thanks,

Dia and Saeeda

Edited by Arshixx - 12 November 2012 at 7:07am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

prayasbanetta10tracy1191Reader_Hobbytachyonpriasweettinselchavvi16

chavvi16 IF-Stunnerz
chavvi16
chavvi16

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
wow she sure went on with life and didnt stop loving him huh
that sure was powerful

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post: