Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

This is not Over - Sobti - UPDT Pg 27 (Page 32)

Dazee Goldie
Dazee
Dazee

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

Originally posted by Dazee

i just put it up, dazee

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3288669

i really don't know what star gains from this. i guess an actor is being shown his place in the world, or whatever. thing is this was a wondrous creative product. pity no one could manage it. happens with the finest things at times. somehow once you start messing with it, it just goes away. i am glad barun and sanaya and the rest of the cast and the writers have ipk in their portfolio. especially barun and sanaya.

even if they never make anything again (and that will not happen, i am sure), they will be remembered long and with attendant face palm and dhak dhak. 

some day a movie can be made on this fiasco, it has shades of social network in its sickness, one upmanship, and double speak. love to see barun do barun in that. what sayLOL

Exactly Indi.  the teaser and all the machinations and shooting off of Barun's shoulder is so Orwellian.  1984 all over again.  What is isn't and what isn't is.

The PH stinks at public relations, but have proved to be pretty clued in as backroom operators.  Money really is their bottom line it seems, and even their own creation is surrendered at that corrupt altar.  ugghhh

Thanks for posting your comments on the main forum -- just made a comment there.

Edited by Dazee - 12 November 2012 at 11:47pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

indi52

Tanumon Goldie
Tanumon
Tanumon

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gazal..

Originally posted by honeypriya

Originally posted by meens80

Originally posted by premparbat

Priya, great post.  the politics of this fiaso stinks to the high heavens.  Really want them to bring Barun back, or end the show.  can't imagine it without the two of them together.  it their magic that we watch it for.

Hope to hear something positive this Diwali.

Hi , the thing is I am not sure as to where the negotiations are stuck and what does anyone want..

Don't the PH and SP not want Barun ? If they do then give him a definitive break to recuperate ?

Is it the script ? Then can't SP intervene. As it is we are seeing changes everyday .

Is the PH serious about cut your nose to spite your face scenario ? Is it about ego ? 

Just very confused about the crux of the problem really...unless it is about Barun wanting to quit which is really his decision then and it should be made clear ...then it is upto us to decide we want to see a new person in his place or not...

Does the PH "wants to convince" back when they have asked him to leave Angry

Priya, i agree that there is a lot more going on than meets the eye. The gaps in communication and contradictory information; plus both the PH and SP using Barun as a shield to get their own agenda is not going down well with me.
I know that Barun is under contract so he is bound by certain guidelines on communicating with fans but he needs to find a way to come clean coz people are blatantly calling him a liar. A lot of the audience is smart enough to see through the politics and blame games but there is a large section of the audience that is gullible and is falling for the crap put out by the PH and SP.

Barun has to be told that he has millions world over supporting him; and not just his character but the support extends to the actor as well. But the "stories" the PH/SP is making him tell is going to harm his reputation and fan base.
I thought you mentioned SP wanted to retain him, then why are they not coming out with a clear statement too..

Unbiasedly, keeping aside all the informatin and knowledge of the situation I have...

based on a simple logical mind, I will as a viewer raise few questions - and they too will raise the same point -

1) Fine ur actor, wanted to quit (we'll ignore that from break to quit it was overnight decision), he would have put in papers long back...not last week - in that scenario :

a) Did u try to convince him ? If it still didnt work out the convincing - you had two options - plan and finish the show with him - else like any other PH (who have ethics) give a press release to the audience, that our actor wants to part ways due to personal choices, and we continuing the show and wish him well ahead...Audience would have cried...but not screamed FOUL !!!

b) Channel too should have adressed it then, taken care of it - not gone ahead and announce an International show cheating people if he was indeed not agreeing to stay back...also, from an evening he is "undecided- taking a short break" to "seems to have made mind to quit"...????

Really if anyone answers me those above - Channel or PH - other than BS himself making statements or interviews when he is bound to them in contracts...I will as a viewer accept it was done in a decent manner

2) An actor who has put in 1.5 years of hard work - etc etc ...wants to "take a break for family and relax" at his peak Shocked...shall we really buy it even if I am clueless to anything - is he nearing his retirement age, is he a wife to look after kids and cooking or he is a Vijay mallya to go travelling on his jet ???  Movie comes in April !!!

Why will he not see his career's biggest project to completion for 1-2 months more and then leave when show closes !!!!

Answer the above - PH or Channel -- and we will take then anything u feed us !!!

Biggest Foul play - Teaser of interview yesterday morning - is it some oscar winning award show - that they they couldnt release the full version even after a day - how much more edits needed ???

He gave Nooreen interview last thurs - saying its break - that was recorded and to go on air today - in a weekend his statements have changed -- and they now nt gonna telecast that, but air a live interview ...wow, and they still saying they are "doodh ka dhula hua"

If fans sit silently and let them get away now, after UK trip, they have no idea whats gonna hit - watever be the statements released, they will be all to mislead - till UK trip it is to the fan's advantage that they can demand answers and "change the mind" and like Aabhas said - "have faith" Wink  

Are they discussing country's budget that in meetings after meetings since Friday they cant come to a single decision ClapClapClap

Quoted in some other post...quoting here too:

GUL, if u r over with ur editing then pls. answer these queries:

Q.1 Did we spam ur wall, or SP's to beg rather ask for a video like this? In which u and Barun are having coffee? { are u planning a new show- Coffee with GUL? }

Q.2 We asked for explanation...could u pls. invest ur time in making one video abt that.?

Q.3 Why didn't u conduct same interview with Akshay or Deepali or Abhaas or Sanaya? Aren't they one of ur cast?

Q.4 You actually asked him "you cried" thing? On a top of that laughed on it? Are u serious? Making mockery of his emotions?Angry
{Thank ur stars that BS is down to earth actor, other actor would have bashed u hard}

Q.5 What u actually want to prove from this Video?

Nice post Priya DiThumbs Up!!

pls make a new post with it,coz so many members get distracted by this teaser thing.
indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:38pm | IP Logged

i just put it up, dazee

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3288669

i really don't know what star gains from this. i guess an actor is being shown his place in the world, or whatever. thing is this was a wondrous creative product. pity no one could manage it. happens with the finest things at times. somehow once you start messing with it, it just goes away. i am glad barun and sanaya and the rest of the cast and the writers have ipk in their portfolio. especially barun and sanaya.

even if they never make anything again (and that will not happen, i am sure), they will be remembered long and with attendant face palm and dhak dhak. 

some day a movie can be made on this fiasco, it has shades of social network in its sickness, one upmanship, and double speak. love to see barun do barun in that. what sayLOL

Exactly Indi.  the teaser and all the machinations and shooting off of Barun's shoulder is so Orwellian.  1984 all over again.  What is isn't and what isn't is.

The PH stinks at public relations, but have proved to be pretty clued in backroom operators.  Money really is their bottom line it seems, and even their own creation is surrendered at that corrupt altar.  ugghhh

Thanks for posting your comments on the main forum -- just made a comment there.

orwellian.

have been thinking that for a while.

barun was born in 1984.

that most claustrophobic and soul crushing book i've ever read by orwell looms large when that year is mentioned.

but my hope: apple macintosh was born the same year.

and that feels more like barun. no fuss, no nonsense, cool design, sheer power, gets under your skin. something very apple about him. 

i remember my very first mac, it used to open with a little friendly face in the shape of a comp and if my memory isn't playing tricks, it said "hi." Day Dreaming 

Edited by indi52 - 12 November 2012 at 11:45pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Skill123crazyaddictionDazeenandu_2007bs_deepsstg1cuppa_n_cricket..mrinalini..

nandu_2007 IF-Dazzler
nandu_2007
nandu_2007

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
StarStar
Originally posted by deeps.

use this as ur siggy to show your support
divya. 

Thumbs UpStar

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddictionDazee

bs_deeps IF-Rockerz
bs_deeps
bs_deeps

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:48pm | IP Logged

orwellian.

barun was born in 1984.

that most claustrophobic and soul crushing book i've ever read by orwell looms large when that year is mentioned.

and that feels more like barun. no fuss, no nonsense, cool design, sheer power, gets under your skin. something very apple about him. 
Di..wat was that? what a comparison.. Clap

"and that feels more like barun. no fuss, no nonsense, cool design, sheer power, gets under your skin. something very apple about him. "

I can read it again n again..

Two slogans used for Mac campaign

"Introducing Macintosh. What makes it tick. And talk."
"Of the 235 million people in America, only a fraction can use a computer... Introducing Macintosh. For the rest of us."
Are they not fitting here too?

Edited by bs_deeps - 12 November 2012 at 11:49pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Skill123crazyaddictionDazee..mrinalini..stg1indi52

Dazee Goldie
Dazee
Dazee

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:52pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=indi52][QUOTE=Dazee]

orwellian.

barun was born in 1984.

i remember my very first mac, it used to open with a little friendly face in the shape of a comp and if my memory isn't playing tricks, it said "hi." Day Dreaming 

in red bold - loved it.  You really have a wonderful gift of seeing brightness even in the midst of the worst mess.  Much needed now -- something to smile at Smile   Thanks!

indi52

Dazee Goldie
Dazee
Dazee

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
One thought Indi and Priya,

Is it possible to get an article out in the press that presents some of the layers in this tale.  Maybe Rashmi can write something?  Would really make them sit up and take note...

Just a thought.

(Sorry to be spamming like this)

Edited by Dazee - 12 November 2012 at 11:54pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89bs_deepscuppa_n_cricketindi52riti4u

medha16 IF-Rockerz
medha16
medha16

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 12:15am | IP Logged
Everything seems so fishy...we are not fools to believe some cock-n bull story these ppl feed us with!
i wont comment on QH since the concept more or less is different n like ipk n geet,the start seems to be fine unless they again mess it up next year...n KSG is one of the biggies,i love him as much as barun n i can assure those who havent watched him that he is a great actor...the newcomers lack a little polish though!
but,gul had no right to mess up a show for another one,they did the same with geet n probably next year,QH will go the same way!

everything is about money n business...initia;lly SP had no clue abt any of the issues!my question,as a channel how can u be so detached from ur shows that u dont know what is happening behind the scenes!
they woke up only after the media articles n the furor of the fans!

another question,in a matter of few hours,how come the 'well-deserved break',change to 'longish break' n finally an issue of quitting or not?

BS himself said that he did not have any movies at hand...then every hour how come ur phone operators make up some different story abt how barun wants to leave for bollywood...is it a joke that within 2 days he got 3 movie offers when the trailers for his first movie havent hit the screens yet!

why on earth will an actor relax at home n devote time to movie promotions when the biggest thing pof his career is about to end within 2 months?n what promotions...really!
does the PH of the film have so much money for city tours or is barun sobti akin to SRK that he will grace various shows to promote his movies?

why,not only barun, but the entire star cast,crew n writers r on a quitting spree all of a sudden when they stuck around for 1.5 years...clearly even their biggest show happens to be ipk n they havent got any other offers!

what did the PH think in releasing that f**ked up post about how "The show has run its course' n they have 'run out of ideas'...which PH openly tells the viewers that they have nothing left to add to the show?

n when the fans r engaged in a foul outcry,they release a teaser of a hunky-dory scripted n edited interview of gul n barun having coffee with each other!!!like W*F???im sorry but none is interested in Koffee with gul,we have karan for that!

coming to the channel,how come with each passing hour their replies to fan's calls keep changing n gets from bizarre to outright fummy n absurd???

with so many things to be questioned,u think ppl will not see thru ur lies???

crazyaddiction

Go to top