Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

This is not Over - Sobti - UPDT Pg 27 (Page 29)

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
".Audience would have cried...but not screamed FOUL !!!"

brilliant line, priya. 

this is the whole thing. why so much tamasha. to and fro, break and quit, show ends/not ends, we are sure we are not sure. all for a tv serial? really? is barun sobti that powerful that he holds a whole production house and a channel to ransom?

poor large mnc and seasoned ph. an actor, an employee of a few years has put you in this state. shame on whom then? 

the very competency of the powerful star network, part of mega murdoch universe, is in question here.

the production house is mired in its dickensian attitudes re work practices. all actors in this show have at some time or the other protested. or left. jayashree t and utkarsha naik are the only people in the main cast that one hasn't heard any rumblings from. perhaps they are just more patient and waiting for things to get better. 

then, we all have been told again and again by hurt and really fans upset what happened with geet. the geet format was the same as ipk's. 

no one had imagined young man from bhph and young girl from mjht could or will make asr and kkg this real and undeniable. no one had even imagined how far this would go. this success, this connection with hearts, and this reach across the planet.

that become a double edged thingie. you could milk it to the last drop and make money. but you couldn't conveniently whack it on the knuckles and and say,"behave... be less... become ordinary," while you took that same one format you have to your next show. 

you couldn't make asr and kkgsr unreal.

you tried with miserable writing, reserving your best tracks for your new same old show, but too bad, the actors were not ready to give in.

how valiantly barun sobti has kept asr alive. despite the most un-asrish lines being showered on him. the man who said "shut... up" on 10 january was somehow the same man who said "tum se achha koi ho hi nahin sakta" in a magic garden on 17 october and then bowed his head. i still have no idea how he managed to inject that range in this character without losing asr. of course, despite content going everywhere, somewhere i feel his dialogue writer has tried to stay true to the cadence and way of asr's speech and vocab.

same with sanaya. how they try to sp-fy her and how fiercely she holds kkgsr close and makes her smile, stay tender, fey, never that thick sp bahu her lines and her dress and make up (ugh open hair with mandatory bump all the time) can easily turn her into.

yesterday i was surfing channels, when on zee i saw three girls squabbling over pizza or something, before i could even understand the thing, a guy walked in from the side, stomped to a point and paused with his back to all.

all i saw was, waist coat, brown at that, hugging a back.

oh that's just like...
before i could complete my sentence, the man whipped around, and looked intensely into camera.

i had chanced upon a qh promo.

i practically fell off my bed. tell you, more than shocked, i was tickled. oh no, so not happening, this funny looking guy. nothing in those eyes. nothing.

to make this guy the biggie now, asr must die, become dikra.

someone or more couldn't take it i guess.

you know we've heard that line among our friends, "there's more to life, i have a great a family, wonderful in fact, i don't have to put up with this ________" please fill in the blank with your own preferred word.

usually my friends in their forties as their careers plateau and the game gets sicker, say this. when a 28 year old smiles and smiles and looks cool and top of the world (how many takes and edits, i wonder) and utters such stuff, all i can do is take a deep breath, and try to control my anger and tears.

remember: tum itna kyon muskara rahe ho...?

this boy is still to be fully discovered. he will be.

and he is not taking a break or quitting because one fine day he just felt like it.

Edited by indi52 - 12 November 2012 at 9:42pm

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

simpMizhiDreamer-89serendipity235Achinta97ENLIGHTENED1JalebiGbhagyatharaDazeemomb24shubz1nandu_2007bs_deeps..mrinalini..stg1premparbatcuppa_n_cricketAphrodite88applesauce.honeypriya-B.N.K-

LaraHeer Senior Member
LaraHeer
LaraHeer

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
Great post! Thank you for continuously injecting logic and reason into this mess. None of the actions taken to date...by SP, by PH, by Barun..make sense for all the reasons you've already stated. Something is afoot and perhaps we'll never know. I'm just so insensed with PH and SP and their lack of courage, and heartless disrespect of their consumers.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

habshoneypriya

honeypriya IF-Sizzlerz
honeypriya
honeypriya

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LaraHeer

Great post! Thank you for continuously injecting logic and reason into this mess. None of the actions taken to date...by SP, by PH, by Barun..make sense for all the reasons you've already stated. Something is afoot and perhaps we'll never know. I'm just so insensed with PH and SP and their lack of courage, and heartless disrespect of their consumers.

Thankss dear...indeed u are right - and thats the only reason I dont want people to sit silent - dont believe me or any of the sources, just question yourself logically - the answers are all clear...and if you still do not get ansers - ask the PH and the channel - they are accountable ...

The inside sources clearly saying - the mounting pressure is the only way thats going to make them buckle - else they win to decieve the viewers and getting past blaming the actor !!!

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

cebelsimpDreamer-89Achinta97crazyaddictionDazeenandu_2007fareehoopoeshubz1shar19bs_deepsstg1..mrinalini..cuppa_n_cricketindi52riti4u

vandana.sagar IF-Stunnerz
vandana.sagar
vandana.sagar

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
According to me he gave in his papers in September and is serving his 2 months notice...but they did not want to say anything till the event in the UK! 
And when the news came out they did not expect it to cause the uproar that it has...so all this is a result of not taking the correct measures of damage control when this leaked...and the result is in front of us...

I think the KC scene where he gave her the papers etc where in preparation..but a tad too late...if they had in Sept taken the correct steps then we would be so livid...

Talks with a new actor to the point of it being almost finalised cannot be an overnight thing either! 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

irisDreamer-89soapsudshoneypriyapri_armaan

anodaksgfan IF-Rockerz
anodaksgfan
anodaksgfan

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Hey..
I have not read all responses...
But ya I know what is going on behind...
I know what kinda excuses gul has been coming up with...
A new show promised to star plus and it shuts d matter for both of them..
In one meeting when she was told that all ties cud possibly b cut..she came up wid dis idea...
I always told my friends that barun is alone...he is just an actor and out f the 3..it will be him whol they try to make a scapegoat...
But I just feel when ppl say that barun should have proper PR I wonder what about star plus and d PH...
What kind of responses have they come up with??
One day he was on a break..overnight he gets 3 movies...and leaves d show...
They showed him d door coz everybody knows that ipk is a sinking ship...and star plus has finally accepted d fact that makers r no more interested...and they can only mint money through a new show..
Only thing they missed or could not realise was immense support barun has...his character has..which according to "some" lady was not played by him well..
I dunno what I want..coz I know d more pressure we put..more is barun pressurized..but I definitely want d channel and PH to man up and say that he was shown d door coz he asked for a break...and ye nahi ki unka tv se man bhar gaya hai...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

simpDreamer-89Dazeestg1indi52honeypriyapri_armaan

honeypriya IF-Sizzlerz
honeypriya
honeypriya

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

".Audience would have cried...but not screamed FOUL !!!"

brilliant line, priya. 

this is the whole thing. why so much tamasha. to and fro, break and quit, show ends/not ends, we are sure we are not sure. all for a tv serial? really? is barun sobti that powerful that he holds a whole production house and a channel to ransom?

poor large mnc and seasoned ph. an actor, an employee of a few years has put you in this state. shame on whom then? 

the very competency of the powerful star network, part of mega murdoch universe, is in question here.

the production house is mired in its dickensian attitudes re work practices. all actors in this show have at some time or the other protested. or left. jayashree t and utkarsha naik are the only people in the main cast that one hasn't heard any rumblings from. perhaps they are just more patient and waiting for things to get better. 

then, we all have been told again and again by hurt and really fans upset what happened with geet. the geet format was the same as ipk's. 

no one had imagined young man from bhph and young girl from mjht could or will make asr and kkg this real and undeniable. no one had even imagined how far this would go. this success, this connection with hearts, and this reach across the planet.

that become a double edged thingie. you could milk it to the last drop and make money. but you couldn't conveniently whack it on the knuckles and and say,"behave... be less... become ordinary," while you took that same one format you have to your next show. 

you couldn't make asr and kkgsr unreal.

you tried with miserable writing, reserving your best tracks for your new same old show, but too bad, the actors were not ready to give in.

how valiantly barun sobti has kept asr alive. despite the most un-asrish lines being showered on him. the man who said "shut... up" on 10 january was somehow the same man who said "tum se achha koi ho hi nahin sakta" in a magic garden on 17 october and then bowed his head. i still have no idea how he managed to inject that range in this character without losing asr. of course, despite content going everywhere, somewhere i feel his dialogue writer has tried to stay true to the cadence and way of asr's speech and vocab.

same with sanaya. how they try to sp-fy her and how fiercely she holds kkgsr close and makes her smile, stay tender, fey, never that thick sp bahu her lines and her dress and make up (ugh open hair with mandatory bump all the time) can easily turn her into.

yesterday i was surfing channels, when on zee i saw three girls squabbling over pizza or something, before i could even understand the thing, a guy walked in from the side, stomped to a point and paused with his back to all.

all i saw was, waist coat, brown at that, hugging a back.

oh that's just like...
before i could complete my sentence, the man whipped around, and looked intensely into camera.

i had chanced upon a qh promo.

i practically fell off my bed. tell you, more than shocked, i was tickled. oh no, so not happening, this funny looking guy. nothing in those eyes. nothing.

to make this guy the biggie now, asr must die, become dikra.

someone or more couldn't take it i guess.

you know we've heard that line among our friends, "there's more to life, i have a great a family, wonderful in fact, i don't have to put up with this ________" please fill in the blank with your own preferred word.

usually my friends in their forties as their careers plateau and the game gets sicker, say this. when a 28 year old smiles and smiles and looks cool and top of the world (how many takes and edits, i wonder) and utters such stuff, all i can do is take a deep breath, and try to control my anger and tears.

remember: tum itna kyon muskara rahe ho...?

this boy is still to be fully discovered. he will be.

and he is not taking a break or quitting because one fine day he just felt like it.

well said Di...put on main Forum...people should read and understand !!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89crazyaddictionnandu_2007stg1soapsudspri_armaanindi52

honeypriya IF-Sizzlerz
honeypriya
honeypriya

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3288576

Actually I too can confirm it - Decision has been kept pending till Diwali - its nw or never...

PS dont let the actor be insulted for what he gave as Arnav Singh Raizada - if he would have happily left, or made his own choice, wouldnt have raised a single word !!!!

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

simpDreamer-89JalebiGnandu_2007shubz1stg1showstruckbs_deepssoapsudsanodaksgfan..mrinalini..cuppa_n_cricketindi52pri_armaan_TheJoker-

Aphrodite88 IF-Sizzlerz
Aphrodite88
Aphrodite88

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anodaksgfan

Hey..
I have not read all responses...
But ya I know what is going on behind...
I know what kinda excuses gul has been coming up with...
A new show promised to star plus and it shuts d matter for both of them..
In one meeting when she was told that all ties cud possibly b cut..she came up wid dis idea...
I always told my friends that barun is alone...he is just an actor and out f the 3..it will be him whol they try to make a scapegoat...
But I just feel when ppl say that barun should have proper PR I wonder what about star plus and d PH...
What kind of responses have they come up with??
One day he was on a break..overnight he gets 3 movies...and leaves d show...
They showed him d door coz everybody knows that ipk is a sinking ship...and star plus has finally accepted d fact that makers r no more interested...and they can only mint money through a new show..
Only thing they missed or could not realise was immense support barun has...his character has..which according to "some" lady was not played by him well..
I dunno what I want..coz I know d more pressure we put..more is barun pressurized..but I definitely want d channel and PH to man up and say that he was shown d door coz he asked for a break...and ye nahi ki unka tv se man bhar gaya hai...

dear are you serious gul promised SP a new show?
dammit this foul of the highest accord!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pri_armaan

Go to top