Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

This is not Over - Sobti - UPDT Pg 27 (Page 12)

tvbug2011 IF-Dazzler
tvbug2011
tvbug2011

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Very well said, Honeypriya! Sahi mein, poori dal hi kaali hai.
If there's one thing that's good about this whole mess, it is that finally the voice of the millions of fans is being heard. I am so glad that the 'uproar' has forced the powers-that-be at SP to sit up and take notice!!
I've never seen such appallingly unprofessional communication from an MNC!!
Does Star Plus not have a PR department? Or is it only relegated to spamming media with press releases of upcoming storylines? The channel needs to wake up: the days of one-way communication are so over. Behave like a Dodo and you will become one.  This is one learning that SP needs to take away for the future. Same goes for 4 Lions.
At the very least, the key players (4 Lions, BS, SP) should have got their stories to match.

And the absolute minimum requirement of any crisis communication (which is what this whole episode has become) is that there are frequent updates, which all say the same thing, even if it is only that talks are ongoing and they will release the statement at xx time.

If SP and 4 Lions can't summon up the will and/or resources to communicate properly (never mind their callous disregard of fans), then they deserve a few sleepless nights. Angry

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89crazyaddictionspsharmila..mrinalini..

Ishi2012 Goldie
Ishi2012
Ishi2012

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sampin

Originally posted by fan-geet

I don't know what to say and comment on this whole situation,anymore!!!

Fans are putting all their efforts, whatever they can do, to save IPK. Everyone is showing complete support to Barun. Things are getting more messier and denser...Things don't fit in the puzzle and logic is missing in everything!!! Complete chaos everywhere...Angry

Whichever way it goes, I know one thing the day ARHI(SARUN) are not together in show, I QUIT !!! AND WOULD NEVER EVER WATCH ANY OF SP OR FOUR LIONS SHOW...

On lighter side, SP & PH have been successful in converting their assets into liability LOLLOL Bad business !!!

I have learnt my lessons..An honest person's emotions are being played with...fans' emotions are trampled down like anything...

If money is all that matters..then I should talk business too..I will quit if and when Sobti does!!

Very true dear!!! Same lesson for me...my first show on SP & Indian Telly which i followed religiously... and in the end all for nothing... One very big thing I fail to understand, these shows are for us: viewers. Then why does channel & production house can not see what their audience wants? And how can they not do anything??

Here we were investing time on IF, dissecting, criticizing and analyzing every single thing of IPK. But makers chose to make fun of our emotional and intellectual quotient!!!

FEELS CHEATED AND USED...Angry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tvbug2011..mrinalini..

ForLoveofBarun Goldie
ForLoveofBarun
ForLoveofBarun

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:55am | IP Logged
I think we need to be clear.  If Barun has offers and wants to go do movies that's great, we as fans should support.  However I stand united with all when we say end the show if that is the case with a finale as a happy one with Khushi and Arnav(Barun).  There cannot be another man playing ASR.  It's just not right.  I think we need to demand that the show end by dec/Jan per plan, but with Barun in the lead role and with a fantastic script and direction.

It will be torture and a suicide to Barun's career if all the fans got him to stay and the PH gives him a shoddy script and  the episodes substandard execution.  I cannot be pasrt of doing that to him.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishi2012tvbug2011..mrinalini..

Omoraboti IF-Sizzlerz
Omoraboti
Omoraboti

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GoGreen

Appy UK star office confrimed indeed he is comming...

so pray ...SP morons have nice and decent Grave Burial...with all parts of their body intact.

Do we really think SP is stupid? They know fans are gonna cause mayhem in the event .. even if Barun goes .. And if he does not, God bless them. There is nothing positive for SP if Barun quits .. so why iate they declaring Barun quits even when Sobti or PH has nit declared?

They have become drama queens themselves hosting dramas for years .. The only mistake in their calculation is, IPK fanbase are not their usual Lamp & Wick ones. They are so gonna pay.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reva-Ishi2012crazyaddictionfaree..mrinalini..cuppa_n_cricketsoapsuds

shami9 Groupbie
shami9
shami9

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:07am | IP Logged
i also agree with u.we want,s to know why barun leave this show .wiewer ko  purra haqq he wajja jaanne ka.tellus.
-Gan- IF-Sizzlerz
-Gan-
-Gan-

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:07am | IP Logged
I have tried to keep my rant on check LOLabout the whole thing as I am not privy to the insider info. Yesterday ...just decided to get it out of my system and posted this in forum32...as for me this is the picture that is emerging at the end of the day...

http://forum32.com/discussion/648/open-letter-to-4lionsfilms-by-a-ipk-fan#latest

I know this might lead to my account being frozen or deleted...but I need to do it as this is the right of me as an audience of my beloved show...and Barun Sobti is NOT responsible for the serial coming to an end. the events pattern clearly indicates who is to blame here.

You know what makes me most mad in this situation is 4 Lions getting exactly what they wanted in the 1st place: End IPK soon; so that they can focus on their new project. But the channel wouldn't have agreed as even with crappy track with ASR and Khushi together, the fans who are loyal would have complained but still would have stuck by the show...so come December when the TRPs are back...show would have still maintained TRPs in the range of satisfaction for SP. Add the international popularity of  IPK tp that. ... another thing that would have also played against PH's plan of ending the show. So the plan was to break Arnav and Khushi...SP might not know the attachment of IPK fans to their jodi...yes we maybe be team Barun or Team Sanaya...but at the end Team Arshi bonds us together...but the PH does. Hence the categorical plan to take one out...there's been a pattern...1st the leak to Zee about Barun...then when that backfired...introduction of poor track to kill the Arshi romance, mellowing of ASR...and then Sheetal track...finally leak to a bigger media about Barun quitting on Nov 23rd right before his UK trip with SP. So that SP feels the negative effect of fan ire ...where it hurts them.

Gul &  @4LionsFilms  you're creative even off screen.

Only people losing in this mess are the loyal viewers who believed in your product so much and made it a success that it is...you can have a fantastic product but with no consumer support...it might as well have been hogwash.

Barun and his fans have their own relationship...it can survive your politics. My support for him WILL ALWAYS be as ASR and beyond. Hope Sky is the limit for you, Barun.

Sincerely.

A loyal fan of the journey of love of ASR and KKGSR ...aka IPKKND...anything else is NOT.

Edited by GanBarunFan - 12 November 2012 at 7:09am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

UKLotuscrazyaddiction-Viji-tvbug2011fareebs_deepssoapsudscuppa_n_cricket..mrinalini..

ragvir.fan IF-Sizzlerz
ragvir.fan
ragvir.fan

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:08am | IP Logged
will fight for him

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..mrinalini..

momb24 IF-Dazzler
momb24
momb24

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:10am | IP Logged

Fabulous post Priya,

I am so proud to be a part of this, nearly everyone is united, Mr Sobti needs to be aware about the amount of people supporting him around the world.

I have called 3 time and sent nearly 10 e-mails, got the family to send them too, all content different, but the same message, Barun as Arnav till the end.

At work and can't concentrate on anything.  Asked one of my none Asian friend who I have introduced IPK to just now what if the male lead left, will she still watch it, she said not to even think of such a thing and got very angry, if only she knew the war going onLOLI might tell her and get her to send a e-mail.

Edited by momb24 - 12 November 2012 at 7:50am

Go to top