Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

indirectly we are responsible Modnote pg 10 - Page 7

arnavsbest thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Agree with yr post
It is his fans that made him win all the awards, that made him win all the polls

I really feel sorry for Sanaya, because in all this we did not pay her much attention, being girls our focus understandably was on Barun
Even though Sanaya was as talented as Barun, she missed out on all the awards, all the adulation.

And suddenly he became the toast of the town

We wanted everyone to know that our ASR , our Barun Sobti was special

But I think for Barun it has always been Bollywood

So I guess we created it, and now we should just be very happy for him, and let him go happily because that is what he wants.

I wish he could have stayed and finished his work with IPKKND, I think he could still have got all the offers then too.

Good Luck BS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

innocentgreen thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
All I can do right now rishita is to agree with your post...I made a post about madmidass the real culprit behind Barun decision not 4 lions,they laughed @ me.they said am trying to ruin  barun's career.What will i gain from this.Am just an enraged fans who see what is really happening...why would madmidass post a picture on their official FB pg when SP announced Barun exit frm IPKKND...It was just an attempt from my side to make people put pressure on madmidass to let him continue with ipkknd, nothing else... Edited by innocentgreen - 11 years ago
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with you...

I too felt that all this would not have happened if IPK and the actors associated with it did not have this much craze. If we see.. IPK is not so popular when it comes to TRPs... yes it has had its glory days  and it did garner good TRPs but it never came so high like DABH. Yet the fan response for this show seems to be multiple fold more than what other tops shows might be having and this is what ultimately caused the downfall of the show. I'm sure Barun being casted in a movie might have happened due to his immense popularity in the show... it seems like the PH of the movie might have wanted to cash in on Barun's popularity.

Actually those days, ever since I heard that Barun had signed a movie, I had thought that this might not be good for the show esp the viewers. And when Barun left for those 45 days, it is the viewers who had to suffer the kidnapping track where the story got dragged and became stagnant for a while. And now this break/ quitting... whatever it is seems to have stemmed from Barun's movie...

I'm not blaming Barun or anyone here... I understand that everything may not go acc to our wishes all the time...

mayuri099 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rini_kat

Can't agree more... yes I had very well remembered that interview.He made his stands  very clear about his future plans...But we mistook that as poor PR skills...

That interview and the interviews around that time says it all if you listen carefully.
nishasharma18 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 2
cant seem to agree more than this...but some fans dont want to see reality...they still wanna go on with the blame game!!
I_Dont_Know thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: aishu30

she cann't see any thing yaar ...samacchaa   kar...money  is speaking.

Girl! I don't know what to say about you! Why you are insulting her? If u are not agree, go, make a Barun Drooling post and drool!
farheen75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
U only get one role as a life time role... Look at FRIENDS cast they have all vanished now... They couldn't create the magic of FRIENDS again... I was moaning in front of my 11 year old daughter that the hero of the show I watch is leaving it and she said to me mum he is an actor he will move on to do different things why r u getting upset? And after that I was ok may be I got my reality check then... Girls r following his wife on twitter bcz the other day in the leaving and quitting thread somebody was quoting his wife's tweet that he is not leaving but taking a break so I think the fans will turn his wife into a celebrity as well like fans have done with Gauri khan.

I was a very big fan of Rajeev khandelwal and absolutely loved him in KTH with Kashish but after he left I never watched any of his show bcz I just loved him as sujal I know it's stupid and immature but what to do ... But this time I am gonna give this new actor a chance and who knows he might be good.
serena007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I am glad finally something dared to write this post.  Totally agree.  I am not a die-hard Barun fan, and I have noticed these overly obsessive fans drooling over him.  They helped to create his fame, senseless worshipping and vulgar idolship. 
What you sow is what you reap.
bepatient thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Like your post.

Now though I am pissed off at everyone responsible for the mess including Barun I have to admit the below facts:

Apart from us, the credit of Barun's popularity also goes to the story writer(s) and the person who actually invented ASR.  The way ASR character is written is very special.  It is unlike any other fictional tv character that I am aware of.  There are plenty of tv serials with a young leading couple.. But the characters are not so charismatic and attractive as our arshi.  The attitude, dialogues (very unique to the characters ASR's what the.. and khushi's hai devi maiyya) are so very appealing.  I watched the other serials but they are different and are mostly dramas  What we got in IPK was like an oasis in a dessert. A beautiful love story with beautiful characters.

The credit of popularity also goes to the actors Barun and Sanaya.  You cannot take it away from them.  They did thier role just like they are required to.  They understood and played that character to perfection.  So, Barun is responsible for his own popularity.  I tried to imagine a different actor (from different serials) playing ASR but I could not get it.  Truth be told, Barun did deserve the popularity.

The story line, characterisation, direction, picturisation, acting is all good, it has everything attractive for young adults and on top of that Barun is a young good looking guy then why will he not get the popularity?  Yes, fans do take the popularity to a fanatical level but what I am saying is that Barun did work hard for achieving his popularity.

I agree with you about Barun being the SRK of telly and mamaji of bolly !!!  I sure hope he does well for himself in which ever screen he is on.  I hope his choices are right and luck is with him always.  I am now adjusted myself to the fact that Barun has left and am going to avoid IPK after B leaves. that is just for my own peace. 

rini_kat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: farheen75

I was a very big fan of Rajeev khandelwal and absolutely loved him in KTH with Kashish but after he left I never watched any of his show bcz I just loved him as sujal I know it's stupid and immature but what to do ... But this time I am gonna give this new actor a chance and who knows he might be good.

Agree with u... I also had done the same on KTH days... but now too I want to give new actor a chance...
Edited by rini_kat - 11 years ago