Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

reflorated IF-Rockerz
reflorated
reflorated

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 4:39am | IP Logged

The slap resonated through the air, and Shyam stared back malevolently at his wife. And Arnav knew then, that they had won.

Just as Khushi had said they would.

Four Months Later...

The sky looked like the sari she had worn that day to dance for Arnavji. Black, with starry sequins splayed across the vast expanse, twinkling happily. The moon, proudly round, looked upon affectionately at her children on the earth. A cracker burst forth, engulfing a portion of the sky in its ecstatic splendour, and Khushi Kumari Gupta, with her tiny feet resting comfortably on a velvet pouffe, watched.

Her hands worked relentlessly at the fairy lights, entangled, knotted, and twinkling with battery induced resplendence.

The fairy lights brought back memories. Memories of beauty and joy.

It is a funny thing, she mused. The past year had been akin to the rides in the mela. Up and down and up and down and left and right and up and down...

But each and every second had been worth it. Arnavji and their love had been worth it. They had been worth it.

What a journey it had been.

And now, there they were, worn out from the war... standing tall. Standing proud. Blooming in the shimmer of their evergreen love.

Wonderful memories they were, each one of them.

From when she fell into his arms, to when he let her fall outside the mirror, right to jiji's wedding. From there turbulent marriage, to one of dependability, love and trust. They had their bad times, and then the good times, right to now... where she sat beside the pool, untangling the fairy lights.

She felt him before he kneeled beside her and said "You called me Khushi?"

It wasn't his overpoweringly subtle musky smell, nor his shadow, steadily growing stronger as he approached her from behind. No. It was this feeling she has... like instinct. As easy as making jalebi. He was here.

"Khushi?"

"Hmm?"

"Tumne bulaaya thha?"

"Haan"

"Doctor ne kya kaha?"

"Doctor ne..."

"Yeah?"

"Doctor.."

"Damn you Khushi! Jaldi bolo!"

"Arnav Ji... we have been promoted from Mr. and Mrs. Raizada to mummy and daddy Raizada"

He stared at her then, dumbfounded. Before splitting into a wide smile and hugging her tightly. With the never letting go intent.

Devi Maiyya smiled down upon them, flicking away a lone tear. Everybody knew what they had gone through, but nobody knew of the salt soaked pillows, of the questions they had asked her, of the secrets they had harboured, of the dreams they had desired true. Nobody knew of the long battles they had fought alongside, with fate destiny and history.

That was a secret between her, Khushi and Arnav. Never to tell anybody.

Because after the war ends, a butterfly will still be beautiful*

*Ruskin Bond, Delhi is Not Far.

This was my take on how IPK should have ended right after the Anjali revelation scene. I stopped watching right after that. Read the note after this to get why I did this!

Mucho Love

-Vee

Edited by V323 - 12 November 2012 at 9:04am

The following 91 member(s) liked the above post:

chillies-Meethi-Chottibaateiniwkknd12Vindhysamba12ArshixxMsIPKKNDManicArshi143tracy1191kria1996inluvwivARHIArchu61soniachammurupa1902MaankiMariamchandarani1freakybatjshreya16LIONHEARTIamyselfAyaat1216lovebadhansamaz95dharshtitanichomelesstokyojohn-angadcrackerszoneGlimmervidya.sanjaymaloseseabeautysabz105Samaira32masaminspiringstarsShweta16911DAliceMariam.Ejazpink.lotusAnu567khusiarnavBlondiexzyswatim318vandana73mayabegumsun_shine_girlHopeice _girlnikki.171please6N0306devsumNothingLastsfairy_stardustapoorvaarnavblackdove-Farwa_Ibrahim-VYGA89medha16MISTIEKaranShilpa:)SaJanLuv14Krishnaluv94zooni.blueJerryTheMousesmitarLivingInPajamasJai.Mata.DiBewakoof..SankiMedhz..Tia.0fffan123seeta_naips.ProperPatolasarunsashasinghsummaiyasayed-afsha-komalsirwaniKaSh-Maneet-Fantinsel...Doctor....x-bumblebee-x.pup03chavvi16Mrs.Hulkdumasfelicitysmoak.MysticRiverDownhill

reflorated IF-Rockerz
reflorated
reflorated

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 4:40am | IP Logged

~AUTHORS NOTE~

Hello lovely readers!

First up, I give this one shot to you as a diwali gift, with hopes that your year ahead is filled with peace, prosperity, love, hope and lots of happiness. Happy Diwali!

Second, after the Anjali revelation scene, wherein she slaps Shyam... right there! I ended the show in my head with this scene playing out a million times. So no, I am not mentally scarred with images of what nots the show has dished out to us. Because I stopped watching after that episode. I hope this is how you can end the show too!

So I hope that you all like this little one shot. I apologise if it wasn't good, or not what you expect from me.

With lots and lots of love!

-Vee

Ps- please don't burst a lot of crackers, they seriously aren't worth the damage.

-Vee

Edited by V323 - 12 November 2012 at 4:48am

The following 30 member(s) liked the above post:

samba12IamyselfMsIPKKNDManicmz.brarArshi143dilectusdancedanceRRjshreya16Annu92sabz105inspiringstarsfairy_stardustNothingLasts-Shobhu21-MISTIELivingInPajamasmedha16zooni.blueKrishnaluv94JerryTheMouseBewakoofVYGA89..SankiMedhz..KaSh-Maneet-Fan...Doctor...chavvi16Mrs.Hulkfelicitysmoak.dumasvandana.sagar

Samaira32 Goldie
Samaira32
Samaira32

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Amazing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

reflorated

LivingInPajamas IF-Rockerz
LivingInPajamas
LivingInPajamas

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 4:51am | IP Logged
Does it look like I am stalking you?Yeah kind ofStern Smile Anyways I truly from the bottom of my heart,LOVED this.Fairy Lights *Sigh* Mummy Papa *Sigh*Poolside *sigh* It was so beautiful Vee :') This was how they should have been,this was the Diwali we were supposed to be watching right now.And Ruskin Bond?*squeals* Ok I sound fangirlish but this man was responsible for the very first prize I received in writing :) Hayee! You made my Diwali totally ;) Happy Diwali!!Hugsecond you on the cracker part Girl ,ain't bursting any too! :D

Edited by Risha_ipkknd - 12 November 2012 at 4:52am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sabz105-Devanshi-reflorated

zohakhan7 IF-Stunnerz
zohakhan7
zohakhan7

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 4:52am | IP Logged
awesome os

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sabz105reflorated

vandana73 IF-Dazzler
vandana73
vandana73

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 5:02am | IP Logged
well congrats to mom and papa raizada  beautifully  written as always!
and to tell u the truth it would have been for the best if they had concluded the serial at that point
or i should have left it
it would not disappoint so much if i had
anyways let us wait and watch!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sabz105reflorated

--peehu-- IF-Sizzlerz
--peehu--
--peehu--

BollyCurry Assistant Writer

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 5:03am | IP Logged
happy diwali!
the OS was beautiful. Yes, exactly how i want show to end..loved it