Posted: 11 years ago
OMG...JTHJ...17.5 crores and SOS 12.5 crores...can't believe that both these movies did so well on the first day.🥳...just remember that today is Laxmi Pooja...so this is just half a day's worth of revenue..people usually don't go for the evening shows...Full day bole toh double kar doh...JTHJ..35 crore...and SOS...25 crore...dono movies ne sabki BAND baja dee...exceptional performance by both of them...considering that SOS has 500 screens less...I would say both movies are going neck to neck...awesome blossom...Mogambo Khush hua🥳

Son Of Sardar First Day Box Office Collections (Estimates)

Despite stiff competition from one of the year's most awaited releases (Jab Tak Hai Jaan), Son Of Sardar has done well on it's opening day.

Since the best of single-screens were pre-booked by Yashraj Films, Viacom and EROS managed to rent out a few single screens in the interiors. In the south, a few cinemas which usually play regional films, screened Son Of Sardar. Overall, on the release day, the difference in screen count between SOS and JTHJ wasn't huge. JTHJ released on 2600 screens and SOS on around 1900-2000 screens.

Like mentioned in the box office opening article, business for Son Of Sardar was best in the Northern territories like Delhi/UP, East Punjab and Rajasthan. Down south, the response was poor. The opening in West Bengal, which is quickly emerging as a Shahrukh Khan-dominated territory,  was below average.

The late afternoon and evening shows were affected due to Diwali festivities around the country. As per early estimates, the first day box office collections of Son Of Sardar is likely to be in the 8-9 crore range, which is good considering the fact that it released with a SRK-Katrina-Yash Chopra film.

The word-of-mouth is mixed. We expect Son Of Sardar to remain steady at mass centres, while the big city multiplexes are likely to witness a drop.

Considering the high costs, tomorrow (Wednesday) will be crucial for the film.

Originally posted by aiswaryaaa

excuse me ..i dint ...🥱

You are excused..But you did..What about posting that pic where someone was worhsipping JTHJ's poster and there was Talaash's poster beside it..In a way you did..And then other members commented..I am not blaming you or anyone else..If it can happen in that thread and it can also happen here.
Originally posted by TheRowdiest

Rahul : Mom, hum is desh ko kab tak lootenge?? Sonia :'JAB TAK HAI JAAN'. Rahul : hamari help kaun karega?? Sonia : Son of Sardaar.

😆

👏
 🤣
Originally posted by karaan10

Ajay fans (if he has any) are like the Republican party lol they are fool of alibis,but i have a bad news for them fromWednesdayon till the weekend will be much worst as JTHJ willdominate the box office.sorry yaar diwali bekkar for fans of son of sardar😆

i am lovin it

keep the numbers coming.

budget of 90 cr😆means it will need minimal 180 to be a hit.i never wish bad things for actors but Ajay deserve this.tomorrow will be the test case for SOS if it collects less than the 9 or 10 of today than we all ready know what time it is lol.

SRK:naam to suna hoga😆

Why does ajay deserve it?
Why SRK Is Here?😕 As Far As I Know It's SOS Discussion Thread.

Festive Season,Please Don't Fight/Bash Actors.😊 Happy Diwali.
Considering the fact that SOS had less screening and it's still doing a better bussiness and it's giving competition to the other movie which had far more screens playing on every theatre. Well done Ajay and the whole team
JTHJ is not a typical diwali release, unlike SRK's earlier films!

JTHJ is a melancholic film and even though it has a cliched, happy ending, the film as such has a sad and depressing tone...so I suppose people from smaller centre would prefer watching something more light-hearted and fun!
Originally posted by ..SaNjEeDa..

You are excused..But you did..What about posting that pic where someone was worhsipping JTHJ's poster and there was Talaash's poster beside it..In a way you did..And then other members commented..I am not blaming you or anyone else..If it can happen in that thread and it can also happen here.

LOL ...i posted this picture -->
no where related 2 Amir Khan ..do u know Talaash is releasing on 30th ?!! n u can see Talaash posters in theaters which plays JTHJ ..not my fault😆
an y would u blame me ..n No u cant bring SRK everywhr...its against IF rule
Edited by aiswaryaaa - 11 years ago
will see this soon hope its worth it