CONFIRMED NEWS - RONIT LEAVING KZZ,KYUNKI

Posted: 18 years ago

FACE-OFF TIME: Ronit Bose Roy and Smriti Z Irani in a scene from Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
The tiff between Ronit Bose Roy and Ekta Kapoor over the actor doing a show with a rival channel seems to have reached conclusion.

Roy has finally taken a call on his long awaited decision to opt out of Kasautii Zindagi Kay.

However, he has chosen to leave not one, but both the shows he is doing.

As reported earlier, Kapoor had given an open ultimatum to Roy on his decision to be part of rival Zee's drama Sarrkkar.  "I've told him that if he shoots for even half a day for Sarrkkar he is out of Kasautii… and Ronit has assured me that he will not shoot for the

new serial," she told hitList a couple of weeks back.

Roy, who maintained a studied silence at the time, opens up candidly to reveal, "As per the mutual understanding between myself and Balaji, I have resigned from both Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kasautii Zindagi Kay. Right now I have a couple of personal matters which are more pressing than the shows."

Sources close to him reveal that Roy is due to go on paternity leave, which is his number priority for the moment. The sources also say Roy had almost made up his mind when he was asked to discontinue shooting for Sarrkar.

"Ronit considers Balaji to be his second family. He owes them a lot for what he is today. The characters of Mr Bajaj and Mihir Virani have given him immense popularity and fame," said a source close to the actor.

Over the timing of his move, Roy said, "This decision has been taken after a lot of deliberation. It hasn't happened overnight. I think the time had come for me to take a call."

Roy says there is no way he can opt out of Sarrkkar. "I have a contract which means I have signed on the dotted line. I simply cannot tell Manish (Goswami) that I don't want to do it."

Will Amarr return?

There is speculation that Ronit Bose Roy's exit from Kyunki could herald the entry of the former Mihir, Amarr Upadhayay.

Apparently, Mihir will meet with an accident on the show, and Amarr may emerge as the new Mihir after plastic surgery. However, this version has not been officially confirmed.

I think we all will miss him. Though i have not been watching kzk lately, i have only watched it because of ronit- i think the show is going to end soon.

As for Ksbkbt, i think it will go on- except for Tulsi- it will not stop for anybody! But Ronit deserved better than being cardboard character- his role in ksbkbt was getting worse by the day- He is so talented, he will certainly become popular in any role given to him.
😡 i hate ekta😡
same here ..............😭😭😭i cried my heart out😭ekta sucks🤢first sujal now ronit😭😭😭

my god wat has happened to ekta mai

she has gone totally mad or wot..wats the matter with ronit working in zee dramas..thats really sick of her...ekta not only wants to control their actors in her soaps but also want to have a control over their personal matters (i consider such decisions as personal matters...)she doesnt have any right to tell his actors wat to do or not..come on they have their own life..they can well decide where to work n where not........i just hate ekta

she is the limit😡

plz RONIT ROY ko change mat karo.He is the best.No1 MIHIR.
thanx fur sharing.....i think someone posted the same article....
oh man Ronit can't leave he's one of the best actors on the show

Thx for sharing.......ronit is a pretty good actor although not my favourite mihir

now another mihir..............and another plastic surgery

first rajeev and now ronit😭.i hate the idiot ekta

poor ekta.... i think her downfall is coming.... first kusum, then sujal n now mihir...... i feel sad for ekta.