Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Kareena Kapoor Khan finished? Raja Sen's take (Page 8)

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Wait what? VIcky Donor means a newcomer has star power? Are you kidding me? I'm talking about STARPOWER here.
You're going against your own point by bringing in a film like Vicky Donor to defend hit/flop status as being a measure of starpower.
Look, I'm not arguing how GOOD or BAD a film is. That is a separate issue. 
But that as NOTHING to do with starpower.

You think people will remember a Bodyguard a few years from now? Uhh NO.
But look at the OPENING of the film. As crap as it was, SALMAN KHAN ensures openings, GOOD OR BAD film. 
That is STAR POWER.

Star Power - The ability of a star to draw in crowds regardless of film's content. 
Hence, OPENINGS are probably the most accurate measures for this.
THIS is what I'm talking about.

ANYONE can give HITS if the FILM is good enough, especially in today's age of social networking where word travels fast. Even new comers. Hence, hits cannot determine star power. 

Edited by desigal90 - 13 November 2012 at 1:09am

Neetu_Unleashed IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:14am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nkapoor3

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:18am | IP Logged

But then i don't understand why a film under kjo banner with EXCELLENT reviews (EMAET) only managed to have an average tag! Going by the theory does that mean low star power? as despite good reviews, the audience were just not interested in seeing the movie!

if we say no masala- what about New York?

both were under good banners, had decent reviews, had no masala- yet one is hit and the other is just average!

Edited by koiza.k - 13 November 2012 at 1:20am

Nkapoor3

Neetu_Unleashed IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:22am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:23am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Nitu_TheTwisted

Exactly !!! what i am saying STAR POWER has no definition, its only us to define it to satisfy our intentions...

kind of makes sense- coz my question on EMAET is valid here- where is the star power here which cannot even save a movie under excellent banner and excellent reviews??

Nkapoor3

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koiza.k

Exactly !!! what i am saying STAR POWER has no definition, its only us to define it to satisfy our intentions...

kind of makes sense- coz my question on EMAET is valid here- where is the star power here which cannot even save a movie under excellent banner and excellent reviews??

EMAET was a pointless and boring movie. It probably got great reviews as KJo bribed the critics like every major producer does these days.
On topic: You are over only when you accept you are over. But having said that I personally need a break from Kareena's in your face 24/7 media presence. Maybe she should disappear till its time to promote her next movie.
desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:37am | IP Logged
Simple, single screens audience completely rejected Ek Main Aurr Ek Tu.
Critics liked it coz it was SUBTLE and very impressive for a debutant director, but I've read a LOT Of member reviews who called it BORING.

Some of my own friends felt that it was too slow a film.
and even THEN, compare its 21 crore opening to another recent rom com. Teri Meri Kahaani. What was its opening numbers?

And Kareena promotes her films extensively?! Oh Puleeze!
Heroine is the FIRST time Kareena promoted her films so extensively and she did it alone, no male leads with her even during promotional stints.

In all her other films, Kareena is one of the laziest actresses. In fact, Kat and PC are far more into promoting their films.

And please, the day I see Kat take on a film that she carries entirely in her shoulders that she's the ONLY one promoting even during promotional events coz it's HER film, then we'll compare to Kareena and Heroine.

Edited by desigal90 - 13 November 2012 at 1:40am
desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ksh-

Originally posted by koiza.k

</div>
<div>EMAET was a pointless and boring movie. It probably got great reviews as KJo bribed the critics like every major producer does these days.

On topic: You are over only when you accept you are over. But having said that I personally need a break from Kareena's in your face 24/7 media presence. Maybe she should disappear till its time to promote her next movie.

She hasn't even started promoting Talaash. Rani and Aamir already did. She missed the first promotional event coz of her Walima.

Edited by desigal90 - 13 November 2012 at 1:40am

Go to top