Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Kareena Kapoor Khan finished? Raja Sen's take (Page 6)

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
Another thing which will be a craze.

"Mere photo ko seene se yaar, chipka le saiyaan fevicol se"

Guess which song these lyrics are from Wink

WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:01pm | IP Logged
Have you heard it Gaurav? Haha
There's a very crappy audio preview out, about a few seconds and I really wanna watch the song, hehe!
ana1 IF-Rockerz
ana1
ana1

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nkapoor3

Originally posted by ana1

Originally posted by Nkapoor3

I am sure if rani was in heroine the movie would have opened the same, brand Madhur sells 

Nope i disagree strongly. If Rani would have done this role the movie would have sank entirely and bashed not just bc of the story but acting as well. Not saying Rani can't act but i feel ppl just don't go crazy as they use to anymore. Aiiyya proves it

Kareena SAVED this movie. Im no big fan of hers but credit should be given where its due.
i still stick stick by my opinion, put Kareena in Aiyaa and the movie will do the same!

Smilethats fine. I just 99.9% sure that if Rani would have done this role it wouldn't have worked out for the movie

I don't think I can ever imagine Kareena in Aiyya thats not her style. WOuld have been misplaced. So yea that movie would have bombed if any actress did itLOL
WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigal90

We often mock Kareena's starpower here.
Yet, do people not see the difference between two commercial heroine centric "bad" films and their boxoffice result recently, one with Kareena and one with Rani?

What was Aiyya's lifetime? 6 crores?
What was Heroine's? 45 crores?

Do people not see that?
I chose "bad" films that criticis disliked because there are the ones that demonstrate starpower to a certain extent. Coz for whatever reason they run, its the star.
So dont list a Kahaani or The Dirty Picture that were critically acclaimed and loved by masses, since even a Student of the Year does well if people LIKE the film overall.

Comparing apples to oranges again. The star of one film is the NUMBER 1 actress who is (or was touted to be) at the peak of her career before the film released. The star of the other film is an actress whose career has been on the down-low for the last 5-6 years.

Obviously, the film with Rani was bound to earn MUCH less...if Kareena's Heroine earned less than even Aiyya or Dangerous Ishq, than that would be the most embarrassing thing ever for Kareena and her fans.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Well precisely, so why not admit her film did well and she does have star-power?

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Originally posted by desigal90

We often mock Kareena's starpower here.
Yet, do people not see the difference between two commercial heroine centric "bad" films and their boxoffice result recently, one with Kareena and one with Rani?

What was Aiyya's lifetime? 6 crores?
What was Heroine's? 45 crores?

Do people not see that?
I chose "bad" films that criticis disliked because there are the ones that demonstrate starpower to a certain extent. Coz for whatever reason they run, its the star.
So dont list a Kahaani or The Dirty Picture that were critically acclaimed and loved by masses, since even a Student of the Year does well if people LIKE the film overall.

Comparing apples to oranges again. The star of one film is the NUMBER 1 actress who is (or was touted to be) at the peak of her career before the film released. The star of the other film is an actress whose career has been on the down-low for the last 5-6 years.

Obviously, the film with Rani was bound to earn MUCH less...if Kareena's Heroine earned less than even Aiyya or Dangerous Ishq, than that would be the most embarrassing thing ever for Kareena and her fans.

In my opinion Rani is a far more superior and versatile actress than Kareena...who would have carried Heroine easily on her shoulders ...had it been 5-6 years back when she was ruling BW...

Coming to the movies...Heroine was a BAD movie ...but Ayiyya was WORSE...I watched Heroine...fast forwarding it...but Aiyya ...I couldn't watch for more than half hour...it was that bad...

So Aiyya was a terribly bad movie...and plus Rani is a fading star...the movie was bound to tank...no surprises here...

Same happend to Karishma's DI...Karishma came back after a break of almost 10 years...and DI was a BAD movie too...Karishma again was a bigger star and a better actress in the 90's than what Kareena is today...if DI was released in the 90s the results would have been much different than what is today...

Kareena's movie in 10 years from now...if she decides to comeback...would meet the same fate...unless it has a strong script like English-Vinglish..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gilmores

Go to top