Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is it okay to not be DEEPLY RELIGIOUS? (Page 2)

rahmona_pakswe IF-Sizzlerz
rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 3:49am | IP Logged
Your life, your choice. If you are not deeply relgious then so be it. It's far better to be a good human being than believing in something which your heart isn't in to.

I might be a devoted Muslim but my first priority in other people has never been how religious they are, it has always been who they are as person.

Religion = personal matter
Humanity = concerns everyone

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Xarina-Raichu-Beyond_the_VeilLost-angelDulceTentacion.atominisFaraan92swashbuckling

BrunoMars IF-Dazzler
BrunoMars
BrunoMars

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Overall all religions have a good message. They actually say the same. Be good and get good back. And don't kill, don't steal, don't etc. Just be good, well try to be good. That is the actual message religions give you. I do feel like some people take the stuff of the holy books to serious, in a way it is wrong. I won't tell them here, not wanting to hurt someone. But with a mind of your own, you can read the holy book get the good information, the moral of the story out of it, and use it as a guiding line. For me that is what being religious is. In that way I don't think you can be over-religious. Yes, you can take the context too serious and with that taking it wrong. That would lead to catastrophic events. But then, you are not being religious anymore but making up your own thing, guidelines, which could start to be your goal. Like some people who say to be moslims, but actually got it all wrong. The Koran never said something about being violent, for some reason a lot of so called moslims think they got it right and end up doing something incredibly stupid.

Okejj, I get it, I went to a whole other subject. You may believe what you want to. If there is something you do not believe you don't have to, I think that is already somewhat believing less that normally. You should think about what you believe and what not, it is a good thing you actually think about it and not just pray without knowing what you are doing.

So My Answer is ; Yes, it is okejj not to be 'overly religious'.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shala786atominis

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
I think yes.

What's important is to imbibe the correct values from your religion and live by those values. It's not just about symbols and rituals only. I feel it's no use doing rituals right if you've not conducted your life according to the positive values religion teaches.

I believe one should not get fanatical about one's religion. It's good to be religious but not so fanatical that you lose respect for other humans.

Strength of character is more important than being deeply or overtly religious IMHO.
Serenity_me IF-Sizzlerz
Serenity_me
Serenity_me

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 3:51am | IP Logged
i don;t pray everyday like others n dont even remember when d last time i visited temple. n it dosen;t make me   unbeliever of GODBig smilen i think  its ok if one is not a die hard religious. u just cant go to temple n offer ur prayers for name sake. n believe me  , god dosen't even want this.  ur prayers sud cum from ur heart. 
Xarina Coolbie
Xarina
Xarina

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Religion brings in too many divisions, restrictions and ideals.  What counts is who you are and what you are comfortable with.  I know many good religious people who take gods name in every other sentence  but they aren't good human beings.  Does that make sense. Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Faraan92

-Raichu- IF-Rockerz
-Raichu-
-Raichu-

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
God is good, He won't mind if you don't pray everyday more than one hour.

_IHeartFriendz_ IF-Sizzlerz
_IHeartFriendz_
_IHeartFriendz_

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 2:21am | IP Logged
According to me its dangerous to be deeply religious. Going so deep in religion might create complications in life. So its better not to know everything about religion. 10 min prayer is more than enough.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanismswashbuckling

cinnamon IF-Stunnerz
cinnamon
cinnamon

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
its not important what religion you follow or whether you follow it severely or loosely..
whats important is whether you are a good human being or not.. i mean whats the use if you follow religion deeply and then still don't turn out to be a good person who understands and respects others..?? (here i am not implying that religious people aren't good, it's just an example)

and on the other hand even if don't follow religion deeply but are a good human being then you are way better than a religious person who is not.. Smile

Go to top