Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

WhipCreamPantie

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455BrunoMarsMithiBanigujunpyoSlov_perfringes

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is it okay to not be DEEPLY RELIGIOUS?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 1:38am | IP Logged
It is okay to not be religious at all, in my opinion. It is a choice and not a compulsion unless we're referring to the social aspect of religion. We're born into a religion, that's not a choice. Post that whether we follow it or not is our own choice. And I choose not to follow any religion. 

Prayer is a spiritual concept to me. It is like introspecting and being really at peace. My father and mother pray a lot, my grandmother watches religious shows all day long and I dun see a speck of satisfaction in their expressions, ever. So, I dun think praying really makes a different unless it is heartfelt whereas even a couple of minutes of heartfelt prayer can be worthwhile and help you on for an entire day. 

Personally I cannot pray cause when I did it was all very external. I am too irked and restless to pray most of the times. And I strongly believe that external form of prayer is religion which I am not into. Real prayer is connecting with one's soul, basically. I haven't accomplished that yet. So, I dun pray. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanism

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:19am | IP Logged

I don't think faith or religious belief matters as much. It all depends on how you live life and how you treat others. An atheist can be a good human being and a devoutly religious person can be a bad human being.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

adev-Castiel--Raichu--Grace-MithiBanigujunpyoepiphany.KookiemonsterSamraat_92

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Whatver you do, do it with conviction, belief and clarity. In my opinion a non-religious person is more on the right track than a person who is religious for the sake of others but doesnt really believe in it.   

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Fair-n-luvlyrahmona_pakswe

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
I think it's most important to live life without being self-centered and self-involved, and be able to respect others (when they deserve it) and question exploitative/unfair social practices. Some people believe religion helps them do that, but others try to practice it without religion.

Like Malcolm X said (who was a practicing Muslim, but also a revolutionary), if you don't stand for something you could fall for anything. I believe in that. I think it is important to stand for things, to have convictions and beliefs, whether they are religious or not is besides the point. It's like having a moral compass and a sense of justice. Justice is important.

Ultimately if you are asking a question about what is morally adequate for you, then nobody else can really answer that for you. You have to come to terms with it by yourself to figure out where your balance is.

Edited by --arti-- - 12 November 2012 at 1:45pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455Fair-n-luvlyrahmona_paksweKookiemonster

Heart

Heart

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by EroticGauravMad

Ouch  I pray to God, but sometimes I believe it could be in vain.  But I am not that religious and don't go to church.   Years ago, a friend dragged me to a Christian church and I didn't feel comfortable.  However, I am not comfortable with the Hindu church either.  I have a temple at home, but don't pray for hours and hours.  I pray a maximum of 10 minutes a day reading a simple prayer.  Is it okay to not be DEEPLY RELIGIOUS?  Please share your thoughts.

Have you heard of Atheists? They are people who deny the existence of god. Have you heard of Satanism? They are those people who worship the idols or figures of Satan. So in a world where different people have different beliefs, you and me both are mildly (or hardly) religious. I guess that is fine. As long as you believe in something it is fine, it does not matter if you are not deeply religious or not. You are still more religious than me you pray 10 minutes... I do not do that either. Big smile 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sneha113

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by EroticGauravMad

Ouch  I pray to God, but sometimes I believe it could be in vain.  But I am not that religious and don't go to church.   Years ago, a friend dragged me to a Christian church and I didn't feel comfortable.  However, I am not comfortable with the Hindu church either.  I have a temple at home, but don't pray for hours and hours.  I pray a maximum of 10 minutes a day reading a simple prayer.  Is it okay to not be DEEPLY RELIGIOUS?  Please share your thoughts.

I'm not religious, but I love God..I will respect any religion u practice as long as u never knock on my door to tell me about it...everybody like or wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts...!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Heartmoomin4455-Grace-Kookiemonster

-Grace-

IF-Rockerz

-Grace-

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
I think its perfectly alright to not be super religious. I think it is what you believe if something doesnt convince you it doesnt. 

I am a Muslim and even in my religion it is said that you dont blindly follow anything but first you inquire.

So if you dont feel that there is a need to do that then its completely fine. 
And i would also agree with others on being a good human first. 

I have an atheist friend and she is MUCH better than those people who claim to be So religious. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Fair-n-luvlyrahmona_pakswe

Post Reply New Post

Go to top