Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Shopaholic V/S Workaholic [3] Pg 132 Link to Thrd4 (Page 35)

mishti_17 IF-Stunnerz
mishti_17
mishti_17

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 2:51am | IP Logged
They are in New York but he is being busy and unintentionally ignoring her.. Poor Khushi.. Lots of making up to do, Mr Workaholic..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MidnightReaderShikhaKhushi

Preet.Kc IF-Sizzlerz
Preet.Kc
Preet.Kc

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
thank you thank you so much for updating you index otherwise I will have missed a lot of chapters. 
They loved each other but Arnav is not ready to marry her, what a stupid thingAngry, in NY they are practically living like husband and wife.
Hope Arnav realize soon that he can make Khushi happy and give her all she deserve even if he married her.
For now he has lot of making up to do. 
Wonderful update loved it too too much Hug Hug Hug Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShikhaKhushi

Hot_Chocolate IF-Rockerz
Hot_Chocolate
Hot_Chocolate

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Waiting for dis yaar
when u r going to update nxt..?

ShikhaKhushi

ShikhaKhushi IF-Rockerz
ShikhaKhushi
ShikhaKhushi

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 7:58am | IP Logged
Chapter 31 - I'm Sorry...

He entered the dark room and made out her figure lying on the bed. Awkwardly, he turned the lights on. Her back faced the door, he noticed, as he placed the dishes on the bedside table. Her eyes were closed, telltale traces of dampness on her flushed cheeks. He knew she was not asleep. She was just pretending to evade him. Well, if she wanted to work with silence, so he could too.

Arnav trailed his hand on the mattress until it reached her soft creamy hand. He slipped his hand into hers, clasped it tightly. Khushi chose to let it limp and not to hold him too. He smirked. She was clearly proving she was awake because his Khushi would always clutch him when he neared her as she slept. He tenderly lifted her hand to his lips, kissing each fingertip, her knuckles, her palm, and finally the inside of her wrist, right above her pulse.

Her eyebrows twitched as she tried to shove away some feeling deep inside and stay concentrated on her pretence. It wasn't going to work with him, though. He slid his arms around her and with one fluid tug, he was hugging her to his chest, kissing to top of her head, then burying his face in her dark waves.

"I'm sorry," he murmured in her ear.

Her resistance broke at his defeated tone. She never could really bear it when he used that voice because for her, Arnav Singh Raizada was the strongest man alive. He could never break down, whatever happened. She snuggled her head in the crook of his neck, trying to blink away the tears, and stayed there unmoving. When he pulled back to look at her, it felt like her heart cracked. A tremor shook her while she lifted her hand to trace the dark circles around his sincere eyes.

"I'm really sorry, Khushi."

"And I'm really hungry," she smiled.

Chuckling, he offered her a plate and they ate in silence. They did the dishes together. Khushi washed them, Arnav wiped them.

"So, you wanted a job?" he asked her casually, although his heart was sinking in guilt. This was not why he had brought her to New York. Not to be imprisoned in the apartment like a housewife. He wanted a life with her, but somehow, right now, he didn't seem to have sufficient time for her.

Instead of wooing his girlfriend, he had to woo investors and clients. And he had thought it would be a nice break for them, he would finally be able to get closer to her without interference from people around... What a gigantic misunderstanding that had been?

Khushi nodded. "I need one. I can't stay at home alone, you know me," she laughed. "I need people around me, I need someone to talk all day long!"

And this is exactly what I cannot give you right now, he thought. "Come to the office tomorrow, You can be my PA and that will also help us spend time together," he suggested.

"What?" she spluttered as if he had committed a huge, unpardonable blunder.

He stared at her blankly. "What?" he echoed.

But she was shaking her head in disapproval.

"What?" he repeated, flustered by her rebuttal.

She eyed him like one would look at an immature but obstinate five year old. "Arnav, I cannot work in your company!"

He frowned as he took another spoon to dry it with the little blue towel in his hand. "Why?"

"Because we are... in a relationship."

"So what?"

Khushi rolled her eyes. "Then it will harm us. Instead of keeping us together, work will draw us further apart! And besides, I don't want to work in the PR world anymore. It's not for me. I want a job which defines me."

"A job which defines you?" Arnav chuckled. "Are you serious?"

Her lower lip jutted out in a cutely cross pout. "Haan!"

He crossed his arms over his chest as if challenging her, leaning his hip against the kitchen counter. "And by that you mean?"

She shrugged silently, causing him to narrow his eyes suspiciously. "You told me you had applied for some jobs, earlier?"

"You were listening?" she spluttered, her eyed wide with surprise.

He raised his chin thoughtfully, his gaze unmoving from her. Should he tell her the truth or a lie? No, the truth was a better choice right now. "I wasn't paying attention but I did hear it."

The honesty on his face kept her from getting angry. Khushi smiled as she wiped her hands on a napkin.

"What jobs did you apply for?" he enquired, seeing a gorgeous crimson blush seep up her cheeks, staining her clear porcelain skin.

She bit her lip. "I was lying. I thought you weren't listening, so I rambled on about some nonsense that came to my mind. I haven't applied anywhere yet."

Arnav grinned down at her, shaking him head. He pulled her in a fierce hug. "You silly girl. My offer is still open, and it will always be, okay?" He tried stifling a yawn but she caught him red-handed.

A stern expression set on her face and she took his hand dragging him to bed. "I hate it when you work yourself to death like this," she grumbled while he buried his face in her stomach, sleeping with his head on her lap. It had taken her huge amounts of efforts to seek ignore the tingling sensation he evoked in her whole being by that simple deed and put on a firm tone.

His answer was muffled, partly by lethargy, partly by her flannel pyjamas. The only things she could make out were, "have to" and "prove myself".

Who did he have to prove himself to, she wondered?

"Are you free right now?" she felt the excitement vibrating in his voice and smiled.

"Yeah, why?" Khushi asked as she stopped walking.

Only that morning, she had employed a maid to do the housework for her, then she had caught a cab to uptown. It had been too many weeks since she had last shopped and that was making her sick. She needed to spend money. She needed to feel that thrill of being in a shop, feel the tremor that shook your insides when you swipe your credit card and magically, whatever you wanted becomes yours...

"Okay, come to Ouest Restaurant. It's on Broadway. As fast as you can!"

She stopped, frowning. "Now?"

"Of course now!"

"But... what happened?"

"Just come!" he hissed before drily cutting off.

"What the - ?" she muttered as she stepped on the pavement to hail a taxi.

Her eyes fell on him as soon as she turned away from the taxi. Arnav was pacing restlessly in front of the restaurant doors, tapping his mobile in this hand. She checked the time. Ten twenty-five. She had reached there in record time. Why was he so edgy? And how had he gotten time for lunch in that tight schedule of his?

Then she smiled slightly. Maybe he had realised he needed to take breaks and spend more time with her. Maybe he wanted to propose?

Khushi killed that little ray of hope her brain had created before it rose and grew too much. She shouldn't expect too much. Neither from him, nor from life. Because as far as she knew them, both were apt in playing tricks and breaking hearts.

With a little smile, she straightened her lemon knee-length Gap sundress, tossed her long Morrocan sleek dark hair over her shoulder and crossed the street in her four inch-high spiked-heeled denim Gucci pumps, towards him.

He looked up, his eyes wide and eager, catching her elbow as she crossed the threshold and dragged her inside without a word. He sat her beside him in a reserved booth while his hand travelled down to grip her hand.

"Khushi," he sighed, a nervous light flickering in his agitated eyes. "I have something very important to tell you..."

The following 108 member(s) liked the above post:

anaviabhiRain_dropsmritigembaby2012khubKrishJayNIAMALLIKreetjnivi21cutiedyutisrsan12malar3mv2003dpriyademile1ArshinmegurukhushCrazy_JMKcutyanushkasangeethbalasunshineswirlPotatoefreakowinmrignsukritaa12anusha_nehaKhushixoxo5armadSilvergirlneel123spongebobchickLIONHEARTMidnightReadermysterygirl06dasudisascarlet2012Amita2014shona136Dimz13katy185HuleygirlAsvatiNavimalikSpoonaikarsvinuTirtharupa-MIMOSA-nissoamri123Chochoo83blah_blah3PrncssOfHeartak_maggifatima2603wildandsweetprabha75blue-eyeanarshividya.sanjaymsmarplepinklysrmirjisagarpatadiasweet-fairyHope-Shobhu21-hira2050LeenaRocksN0306aycma98emistryRishita.SIholicRainbow_petalspraseethaorchids8888saga_twilightsamiraoyeshyeshnaMDTharunDrkkTeriKhamoshiyanmahrusweetyRish_RublesHot_ChocolateaquagalCrazy_soulsruthicksana11xMidnightStarxjahnvi.luvs.ASRayshaomarroops82casker~Simz~kvarshadrunkiiebabeEthereal-Pathflowers4u_disha_..Anita..clarissajohnMrs_Darcy_17Preet.Kchoney-sweetyranogill1chillyvandana.sagarmishti_17

Drkk IF-Dazzler
Drkk
Drkk

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 8:12am | IP Logged
yipee. 1st 1st 1st. So swt arnav wen pacifyng khushi. Nd nw wat? D last line is scary.

Edited by Drkk - 14 January 2013 at 8:10am

ShikhaKhushi

Nidsubh007 IF-Sizzlerz
Nidsubh007
Nidsubh007

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 8:19am | IP Logged
No!!!!! You didn't just end it there???!!!

ShikhaKhushi

Dazz Senior Member
Dazz
Dazz

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Fab update fingers crossd :-D

ShikhaKhushi

sana11 IF-Rockerz
sana11
sana11

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 10:09am | IP Logged
y is it giving me a bad feelingConfusedi hope everything is fineConfusedawesome updateClapupdate the next one soon dearBig smile

ShikhaKhushi

Go to top