Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShikhaKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Chapter 29 - Because You Belong To Me!

As soon as she lay eyes on the couple before her, Anjali's giggles died.

"Ahm... Erin, I'll call you later!" she chirped in the phone before barring her eyes with her free hand and walking to the kitchen as if nothing had happened.

"Guys! I... didn't see anything! Please, continue... making out!" she rambled, amusement ringing clear in her voice.

That brought Khushi to her senses. She sat up instantly, pushing Arnav aside and blushing furiously.

"We weren't making out!" she retorted hotly, standing up, as her boyfriend followed, equally embarrassed.

Anjali turned to her. "I see," she grinned back teasingly. "Look, I'm sorry I interrupted on you two like that. I didn't mean to!"

"We weren't doing anything-" Arnav stopped, clamping his lips together as a smile was forming there. "We were just... talking."

"Really?" the girl eyed him and Khushi with that irritating don't-lie-to-me-I-know-the-truth glint in the eyes. "Like that? One on top of the other?"

Khushi blushed deeper and threw a cushion at her friend. "Anjali Jha!"

She got just a giggle for answer. "You guys want something to eat or drink?" Anji asked, disappearing into the kitchen. Her absence dipped the remaining two people in a strange awkward silence which made them acutely aware of each other's presence.

Arnav cleared his voice and threw a side-glance at Khushi, who, he found, was looking at him furtively too. He broke into a grin. She smiled back shyly, the action making his heart leap. How he wanted her to accompany him to New York...

Life without this girl was practically impossible, even though she was the maddest he had ever encountered. But wasn't that why he loved her?

When he had spoken to her parents earlier, they had been quite reluctant and he couldn't blame them. Who would let their daughter go to an unknown place with a man they barely knew? But Tanishq and Ulka had surprisingly stepped in to persuade them and once they had understood Arnav really loved Khushi, they had allowed him to ask her.

Ulka's question had, however, been very unsettling, which was the reason he had not breached the subject earlier. "Why don't you marry her, Bhai?" Why? He knew Khushi deserved that; marriage, a good loving husband and the whole package that came along. But he didn't feel himself capable of giving her that... yet. And that made him guilty.

But he couldn't leave her either! If only someone could understand that. The way he felt about her. the way he way felt when she wasn't there. It was like suffocating. He couldn't leave her, he couldn't live without her... She was a drug he was addicted to, dependant upon...

He watched the white edge of her teeth appear as she bit her lip, wishing Anjali hadn't come in just when he was about to kiss her. His eyes roved on the rise and fall of her chest and she breathed deep, her sparkling eyes unconsciously drinking in his image too.

Shit!

He had to leave. He absolutely had to leave before he grabbed her and... did something to her, with Anjali in the next room. Arnav tore his gaze away, feeling the heat creep up his neck, and reached for his BlackBerry.

"I've got to go!"

Khushi's heart sank as she watched him saunter out of the apartment...

The same afternoon, she was striding towards his office, her figure taut with tension.

"You won't give me another break-up scare, will you?" he asked, eyebrows raised, as soon as she entered his cabin. Khushi blushed, her eyes downcast. She shook her head, making a small smile appear on his face.

Arnav got up from his chair to walk up to her. "Then?"

"Voh..." she dared a glance at him before shutting her eyes tight. He had to admit it was quite unnerving to see the nervous side of her again. He had been so used to his very daring eighth wonder of the world. What would she do if he pulled her leg a teeny bit more?

"Khushi, I understand," he told her gently. "If you don't want to come to New York with me, there's no problem!"

Immediately, her eyes popped wide open and she stared at him in awe. Amused, Arnav's lips constricted into an adorable pout.

"I believe Miss Sukhmani is willing."

"Haww!" she exclaimed, her mouth opening in a perfect 'o'. Anger imprinted itself on her face and she punched his shoulder. "Sochiyega bhi mat Mr Raizada! Hum uss chudail ko aapke paas bhatakne bhi nahin deinge!" (Don't even think about it, Mr Raizada! I won't let that witch come near you!)

He haughtily lifted an eyebrow as he advanced on her, until her back hit the wall behind her. Arnav leaned in closer and closer to her.

"Oh really, Miss Gupta? Kyun? Tumhein itna farak kyun padta hai?" (...Why? Why Do you care?)

Khushi blinked. His lips were just a breath away from hers. "Kyunki aap sirf humaare hain," she whispered, her breathing unsteady. (Because you belong to me!)

"So you're coming with me?" he murmured huskily.

Before she could think of a reply, his phone gave a loud beep.

"ASR? Mr Marx is here for the conference," came his assistant's voice from the machine.

He sighed and pulled back with a painful expression. Again interrupted! Right when he was thinking about kissing her. What was wrong with people on this Earth? Why the heck were they so jealous?

"I seriously hate these people," he grumbled. Khushi giggled as he went back behind his table to pull his charcoal Giorgio Armani jacket on and pick up the file he'd need.

Before he knew it, she had crept up behind him, thrown her arms around his neck and smacked a deep kiss low on his jaw. Arnav stood there, petrified with bewilderness. Had she just made the first step? Khushi Kumaari Gupta had never made the first step before!

"Aap jahaan jaane ko kehenge, hum aapke saath chaleinge!" she smiled at him. (Wherever you'll tell me to go, I'll come with you!)

He was still staring at her in shock when she took off as fast as her black suede kitty heels by Jimmy Choo would allow her. He was still stunned there, thinking if that had all only been a figment of his wild imagination, when Aman called again to tell him to come to the conference room...

"So you'ree moving to New York?" Anjali blurted incredulously.

"It's just for six to seven months, Anji!"

"But still! How will I-? Nothing will be the same without you! I'll be all alone!"

Khushi narrowed her eyes at her friend. "Don't be silly! Shyaam will still be here, won't he?" She went back to stirring the curry in the pan and pitifully missed the blush that turned Anjali red like a tomato.

"What do you mean?" Anjali squeaked.

The doorbell rang, stopping Khushi from answering. She checked the time. Ten past seven. It was only Shyaam who could come at this time but he had told them he would be in Glasgow for another three days. She frowned and went to open the door. Maybe he had gotten here earlier than expected.

Instead of the silly-looking Shyaam, she found her hot-looking boyfriend at the door. Though he was smirking, his eyes were hooded and darker than usual. He had abandoned his jacket, the sleeves of his black shirt had been rolled up to his elbows and he still wore his loosened pearl grey silk Hermes tie under his charcoal waistcoat.

Her eyes grew wide with surprise. He had come to see her twice in a single day and she hadn't even pleaded to him for it! Was it really Arnav Singh Raizada? She wondered what had happened now. She hadn't left any message on his phone right? No, she hadn't.

Definitely not! Then?

"I want you to do that again," he announced, poker faced.

reallyhappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
oh no!!
ryt der z Anjali again..:D
Gosh..!!
soo many dstrbnces in juz Kisses..
wndr wt wud hppn wen ..ehem ehem,(if yu no wt i mean,) :D
so she's ready 2 b wid him..in NY..
wow..!!
she tuk d initiativ n kissd him..
wow Khushi..
wud she do dt again?
Arnav has came ol d way juz 2 get dt kiss again..:D
haha
dey r cute..:)
loved it.:)
Nidsubh007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Awesome awesome awesome awesome update!!!

You always leave it at the best point.
PrncssOfHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hehehe...supr update...thnx for d mail pm... :)
anarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
lovely!!!!!!!wooo he came back for kiss yeahhh...loved it😊
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
He's cum back 4 da kiss :$ xoxo
ayshaomar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
hes come back for a kiss, proper one this time
bless them they both keep getting interupted
and shes going to new york with him so sweet
Edited by ayshaomar - 11 years ago
Mxk3444 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I just finished reading the whole story and I absolutely love it can't wait for the next update:)
Rainbow_petals thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome update...
Anjali :@ wrong timimg!!!!
Aww arnav n khushi's conversation was so cute..
Khushi taking the first step.. Thats like our lioness :D
great update
avchowdhury thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
😊 great and awesome update πŸ‘πŸΌ