faticutie03 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
i started watching this show last month...OMG...i loved it...this show is awesome.

Actually, I am not hindu...but i respect a lot every religion...i love to have knowledge on every religion, so i start watching..this show is awesome...its has beautiful story, the concept, the music, last but not the least the actors and their characters...OMG..they are minblowing

i will not take to much time...but i want it to know about mahashivratri and karva chauth...are they signifies the same

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

faticutie03 thumbnail
22 views and no reply šŸ˜­
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Mahashivratri is the day that Parvati married Mahadev,that is why the day is significant,since its they Say Mahadev and Parvati were united for ever
Parvati Ji is said to have gone through various stages of fasting and penance to get Mahadev as a husband,through which we worshipped him and asked for him as her husband
Mahadev Ji is regarded to be an ideal husband in Hindu culture,so hence on Mahashivratri day,every unmarried girl keeps a fast and ask for a husband like Mahadev
Similarly Teej in Rajasthan is also a festival where unmarried girls ask for a husband like Mahadev
the Solha Somvar Vrat(Sixteen Mondays) is also a vrat kept to ask for a husband like Mahadev

On Mahashivratri,Married women pray for the long life of thier husband.

Im not North Indian so can anyone give details of Karva Chauth
faticutie03 thumbnail
Originally posted by: shruti.nil

Mahashivratri is the day that Parvati married Mahadev,that is why the day is significant,since its they Say Mahadev and Parvati were united for ever

Parvati Ji is said to have gone through various stages of fasting and penance to get Mahadev as a husband,through which we worshipped him and asked for him as her husband
Mahadev Ji is regarded to be an ideal husband in Hindu culture,so hence on Mahashivratri day,every unmarried girl keeps a fast and ask for a husband like Mahadev
Similarly Teej in Rajasthan is also a festival where unmarried girls ask for a husband like Mahadev
the Solha Somvar Vrat(Sixteen Mondays) is also a vrat kept to ask for a husband like Mahadev

On Mahashivratri,Married women pray for the long life of thier husband.

Im not North Indian so can anyone give details of Karva Chauth

thank you so much dear...it helped a lot šŸ˜Š
-Reeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
hey kriyansh welcm to our DKDM family...
and we r gla to have u in our forum

Regarding Maha Shiv Ratri all info u hv already got.. from Shruti.. and now about karva chauth I also dun know.. as i am also not an south indian.. šŸ˜• .. but no worries sooner u'll get any reply regarding KCšŸ˜Š
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: D3_kriyaansh

but i want it to know about mahashivratri and karva chauth...are they signifies the same

No they do not signify the same thing.

Mahashivaratri is celebrated on the 13th day (triodashi) of Krishna paksha (waning phase of the moon) in the month of Phalgun, This comes sometime in March / April. 

There are several stories as to why Mahashivaratri is celebrated - each region having its own version. The main elements involved in celebrating Mahashivaratri are - fasting (or at least reducing the intake of food) and abhishek (pouring of water, milk, honey, etc) over the Shiva Linga and Puja extending to well after midnight. 

It is common to try and observe a fast on this day. But in my experience, every one- (not just unmarried girls , as Shruti mentioned) - but everyone- men, women old and young  tries to keep a fast. If it is not possible to abstain from food completely, fruits or raw vegetables can be had.

In the great Shiva temples across India, the Mahashivaratri celebrations are a sight to behold- especially from evening onwards- with the grand abhishekams, the Rudram- Chamakam chant in the background, the teeming crowds... I think, in the temples in North India, it is possible to enter the sanctum sanctorum and personally offer milk and vivla leaves on this day. The very devout also try and keep awake the whole night. 

Karva Chauth- occurs sometime b/w Navaratri and Diwali and to the best of my knowledge is a more personal celebration- observed within the confines of family and society. While Shivaratri is celebrated across length and breadth of India, Karva Chauth is limited to certain sections in North India. The main motive of Karva chauth fast is to pray for the longevity of husband's life and it is observed only by married women - unlike the Shivaratri fast which can be observed by everyone.

The Mahashivaratri celebrations are governed by vedic and puranic traditions while the KC is guided more by local and folk mythology.

Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
faticutie03 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rlrl

hey kriyansh welcm to our DKDM family...
and we r gla to have u in our forum

Regarding Maha Shiv Ratri all info u hv already got.. from Shruti.. and now about karva chauth I also dun know.. as i am also not an south indian.. šŸ˜• .. but no worries sooner u'll get any reply regarding KCšŸ˜Š

thank you for the warm welcome dear šŸ˜Š
faticutie03 thumbnail
Originally posted by: varaali

No they do not signify the same thing.

Mahashivaratri is celebrated on the 13th day (triodashi) of Krishna paksha (waning phase of the moon) in the month of Phalgun, This comes sometime in March / April. 

There are several stories as to why Mahashivaratri is celebrated - each region having its own version. The main elements involved in celebrating Mahashivaratri are - fasting (or at least reducing the intake of food) and abhishek (pouring of water, milk, honey, etc) over the Shiva Linga and Puja extending to well after midnight. 

It is common to try and observe a fast on this day. But in my experience, every one- (not just unmarried girls , as Shruti mentioned) - but everyone- men, women old and young  tries to keep a fast. If it is not possible to abstain from food completely, fruits or raw vegetables can be had.

In the great Shiva temples across India, the Mahashivaratri celebrations are a sight to behold- especially from evening onwards- with the grand abhishekams, the Rudram- Chamakam chant in the background, the teeming crowds... I think, in the temples in North India, it is possible to enter the sanctum sanctorum and personally offer milk and vivla leaves on this day. The very devout also try and keep awake the whole night. 

Karva Chauth- occurs sometime b/w Navaratri and Diwali and to the best of my knowledge is a more personal celebration- observed within the confines of family and society. While Shivaratri is celebrated across length and breadth of India, Karva Chauth is limited to certain sections in North India. The main motive of Karva chauth fast is to pray for the longevity of husband's life and it is observed only by married women - unlike the Shivaratri fast which can be observed by everyone.

The Mahashivaratri celebrations are governed by vedic and puranic traditions while the KC is guided more by local and folk mythology.

thank you so  much for the info dear...really it helped a lot...thank you  šŸ˜Š

faticutie03 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arnav90

Welcome to the forum

thank you dear šŸ˜Š