Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

THIS Is Why American Actors Have Agents!

LoLo IF-Dazzler
LoLo
LoLo

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 9:05am | IP Logged
People in other countries may look at American actors as pampered and spoiled because they come with so many handlers and agents, but this whole mess shows you why its important to have representation.  I have NEVER in all my many years of watching American tv seen anything like what is going down here with this show and this actor; NEVER.  You have agents and publicity people who handle these things and advise you on the best course so as not to derail your career and upset the wrong people.  They deal with the channel and producers for you and work out details to have you leave or stay.  So many actors, main actors have left successful shows and their characters were always taken out in a way that may have made us sad, but left the show and fans intact.  No matter what goes on behind the scenes, everyone usually comes out smelling like a rose.  There have been few exceptions, but few, not many. 
This IPKKND mess is just that a big mess! The actor's name, no matter what he does, will always be MUD with some people.  Star Plus now also has a terrible name with me and many others for their way of handling news and information regarding the show and the actor.  The PH does not deserve mention, but to say I am so sorry to have fell for another one of their shows.  I won't happen again.
Now, where do we go from here?  Well SP has long arms.  Their hands are in movies, as seen from big stars appearing on their serials and the latest movies coming on their channel.  Will they work with BS again? Right now it looks doubtful.  Will they sabotage his career?  Who is to know?  Will this whole episode sour others on working with him?  Will his reputation ever be decent again? You just don't know at this point.  He's only 28 and trying to break out.  Has he shot himself in the foot with this?  Maybe.  If he had an agent, some handlers to work things out differently, would he be where he is now?  I don't think so.
All of this having been said, PR people, agents, handlers, they go a long way.  Maybe just starting out you can't afford them, but you have to work something out.  Find a well-wisher or something. But whether he was made the scapegoat or whether PH was sabotaging him, his "people" would have taken care of things.  If you don't believe me notice that Lindsay Lohan (who is a hot mess coming and going) is going to play the legendary Liz Taylor.  This girl has done it all, yet her handlers keep her working and somehow clean up her messes.  BS is nothing like this, but now he is the bad guy all the way around.  Anyway, those are my two cents.

PS: Someone must be advising Ms. Irani or she is just smart.  She has not said a word nor been involved in one ounce of this foolishness.  Hats off to her.  I hate to say it, but I WILL probably watch the show for her.  In the midst of all of this, she has handled herself, her name and her reputation with grace and dignity.  Bravo girl, bravo!ClapClapClapClapClap

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Kira9174sidhagappaarn4vkhushiHopeleslyInLoveLIONHEARTLucifer16shukhpakhiiAmritsari.Jugnimoomin4455rulama

moomin4455 IF-Dazzler
moomin4455
moomin4455

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 9:34am | IP Logged
ROFL Sooo true!! If drug addled car crash aka Lindsay Lohan (who at is my sister's age but looks like a 40 year old trying to turn back the clock with plastic surgery) can find work through the work of her agent/managers then 'nuff said. Makes me laugh when I see she's playing Liz Taylor - of all people??

So true - being an actor doesn't mean you are articulate or that you can navigate the politics of the entertainment industry. You need professionals to do that for you, who can advise you. But perhaps that's just not in the culture in India for the TV industry anyway?
Amritsari.Jugni IF-Dazzler
Amritsari.Jugni
Amritsari.Jugni

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Take a bow my cutie pie.. I respect you sanaya and will support it show till end if Barun quits
Lucifer16 Senior Member
Lucifer16
Lucifer16

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Agreed Sanaya is coming out very well. 

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top