India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Is it worth it??

bssi Senior Member
bssi
bssi

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 8:52am | IP Logged
After all this drama I am really disappointed and not even sure if I really want to do anything with this show anymore.
A beautiful lovestory is becoming a nightmare...who is responsible ??
  • Ph for its pathetic budget lately and failing number of times to give us the show back.

• Cvs for refusing to show us ARSHI romance the way we wanted and when we wanted.

• Last but not least Barun Sobti for abandoning the show in the middle(I know people will hate me for this but I like Barun as much as you all do and wish him all the success but somewhere I do feel he is partly responsible for this mess too.He has not realised his star value as far as the show goes and is running after bollywood mirage which I have my own doubts about as far as his success over there is concerned and this is just based on his personality which is too humble and genuine and simple and also his lack of PR skills.I wish him all the success based on his acting prowess in bollywod as well as tellywood coz I am his fan afterall!!. I cannot even bear the thought of his movie not being successful so am crossing my fingers and hope that he will succeed there.!! else he will be "na ghar ka na ghat ka"But yes somewhere I feel he has let me down a tad bit.Cry
So now I feel is this all worth it ??

Ps: this is not Barun bashing post its just my geniune concern and feeling!!

Edited by bssi - 11 November 2012 at 11:13am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

krisha06Archana89niharika111mayabegumrini_katbepatientvandana.sagar

amara23 Senior Member
amara23
amara23

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 10:29am | IP Logged
I'm 100% with you on this, he desperately needs an agent with good PR skills if is to get anywhere in this doggy dog world.  I really do think he needs to polish up on his interview skills and show people that he mean business if he wants to get into Bollywood otherwise they are going to eat him alive the way he is.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

fizzyfairyArchana89rini_kat

Archana89 Senior Member
Archana89
Archana89

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 10:44am | IP Logged
You are absolutely correct..
The whole mess is a combined effort by the channel,PH,CV's and Barun..
No one is saint here...
I as an audience feel cheated..!!Ouch
I don't understand how they take their viewers for granted..the fans can make or break them..!!

PR skills of all the parties concerned need to be improved..!!

Edited by Archana89 - 11 November 2012 at 10:44am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

luckyarnavniharika111mayabegumrini_kat

bepatient IF-Rockerz
bepatient
bepatient

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 11:45am | IP Logged
I am on the same boat as you. Infact many are paddling together here!!!
SP, PH, Barun have made me sad today because of their confusing statements .  Truth be told, I am not even sad because BS is leaving but for the fact that the three concerned parties made a mess of the viewers mind by giving out incorrect statements all the time. 

Barun for not coming out with a truthful statement.  I dont believe he cannot say what he wants to !! If he has given the notice already then what is the pbm ?  He could have shared the entire truth from his side atleast.  If he was leaving for a movie then he should have said that.  Or else if there are no movies in his pocket and he is just plain tired as he himself said then it is fine when he says he wants to return after 2 months. But then why is the channel passing the info that he had indeed quit !!!!   that means BS has unnecessarily lied on radio.  Why ? he shouldn't have said he is returning back if he was not sure of his own decision !!  If the decision is not yet made then he should have said no comments and left it at that.  And when the channel, ph and BS finalised their decision they should have made a statement and closed the topic.  Even if truth is told I know viewers might have got angry but atleast these three could have had honest clean reputation !! 

First news comes that BS has given notice for two months. 

Now news comes from BS himself that he is taking a break for an indefinite time since he is tired.

SP says we are trying to retain him.  Viewers start calling SP. They get varied reactions.  BS has not quit, we are deciding on monday.  BS has quit,gave notice 2 months back.nothing can be done. sorry.  Then sp says decision will be taken on monday.  Then again sp says decision will be taken after Diwali.  What nonsense.

If SP wants to end IPK anyway in Jan, why is BS not accepting their demand and finish IPK by jan and then take rest ?  If he is feeling very tired / weak why is SP not considering giving him 1 / 2 month break and continue after he comes back ?

In all this why is the PH so very silent?  Why no noise from them ?  Maybe they realised that less said the better .. no comments. pause button.

Now seeing the whole mess, I wonder who has gained what ? Probably the losing party here are the viewers some of them young girls who seem to have got attached to IPK emotionally .  SP,PH,BS honest reputation is effected but I know they will come out unscathed and things will continue as normal.

Edited by ipkkndfan30 - 11 November 2012 at 11:50am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nivya67bssirini_kat

..starryeyed.. Senior Member
..starryeyed..
..starryeyed..

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged
i agree somewhere but i hpwe he don't lave now i might be being optimistic but hpefully if we think positive then all good will happen
amara23 Senior Member
amara23
amara23

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
I got feeling Star will try and convince Barun to stay until January as the show will be shutting down then.  This seems like a most logical solution for all concerned, if Barun needs to rest they can work around it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bssi

rini_kat IF-Rockerz
rini_kat
rini_kat

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by amara23

I'm 100% with you on this, he desperately needs an agent with good PR skills if is to get anywhere in this doggy dog world.  I really do think he needs to polish up on his interview skills and show people that he mean business if he wants to get into Bollywood otherwise they are going to eat him alive the way he is.

Bang on.exactly my thoughts.Also I want him to techysalvy because in this entertainment buisiness marketting and to be in good books is very important and in this age it can be possible through this onlinesites... He atleast could  clear his stands... if he would have  interacted  in any online platform... Everybody here playing blamegame and mudslinging ...keeping Sobti infront... Feeling bad for the poor fellow...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Archana89

bssi Senior Member
bssi
bssi

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rini_kat

Originally posted by amara23

Bang on.exactly my thoughts.Also I want him to techysalvy because in this entertainment buisiness marketting and to be in good books is very important and in this age it can be possible through this onlinesites... He atleast could  clear his stands... if he would have  interacted  in any online platform... Everybody here playing blamegame and mudslinging ...keeping Sobti infront... Feeling bad for the poor fellow...
Yes feeling very bad for him and worried but cannot deny the fact that he is also responsible for this. Barun is trying to have his cake and eat it too..which I understand but He is such a big star in TV at this point and realistically no movie will make him this big so he should wake up before its too late!!

Go to top