SanayaFC#22 - Sexy Radha :D - Link:P148 - Page 106

Posted: 11 years ago

Silver screen is still a distant dream for television stars

Silver screen is still a distant dream for television stars

Many actors, who called it quits on television to realise their Bollywood dreams, have returned to the tube to regain their lost stardom

More than 20 years ago, Shah Rukh Khanaccomplished what many wouldn't have considered possible — he not only made a transition from TV to Bollywood, but went on to become one of India's biggest stars ever. But the irony is, Shah Rukh is still our only example when it comes to telly actors striking gold on silver screen. Many actors have quit television for the big screen, only to fail miserably. Finally, when they realise that Bollywood is an elusive dream, they are left with no choice but to return to television and start afresh.

Barun goes to Bollywood
The latest actor to bid adieu to television is Barun Sobti aka Arnav Singh Raizada of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. Sources associated with the show say, "Barun recently completed a movie. He now harbours the desire to try his luck in movies and is quitting television. The channel apparently received 20,000 emails a day, requesting that he be convinced to stay back. But Barun decided to move on."

However, Barun refutes all that is being said about him, "I had put in my papers in February itself but the makers asked me to stay on for a while. I have quit because I want to spend some quality time with my family. I am in talks for a few Bollywood projects but it's at a very nascent stage."

Actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who became an overnight sensation as Manav of Pavitra Rishta, quit the show last year to pursue a career in Bollywood. He was signed on by director Abhishek Kapoor for his movie Kai Po Che. Sushant has also bagged a few more projects by big banners. While he seems to be in demand in Bollywood, the fate of his first release will decide his future in the film industry.

Blast from the past:
Earlier too, many actors had quit television after a successful stint on the small screen — to test the waters in Bollywood. The common practice is to take a break from TV and take the plunge.

Actor Amarr Upadhyay, who shot to fame as Mihir of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, returned to TV after his debut movie Dhund — The Fog failed at the box office. He has since then acted in many soaps and was even seen in Bigg Boss, last year.

Sangeeta Ghosh also took a break from TV, while she was at the peak of her career, to feature in a movie titled Bhanvraa. It never saw the light of the day. Another popular telly actress, Sanjeeda Sheikh, also tried her luck in Bollywood with Pankh, but the movie bombed. While Sanjeeda returned to daily soaps, Sangeeta is still waiting to make a comeback.

Manish Goel, too, decided to leave TV for movies, but failed to get anything substantial. And now, TV isn't happening either. Television heartthrob Karan Singh Grover's dream to get launched in Bollywood is still unrealised; his movie, with Diana Hayden as a co-star, failed to find takers.

Though no telly actor has made it as big as SRK, Irrfan, Rajeev Khandelwal and Prachi Desaihave found a foothold in the Hindi film industry. However, the success ratio isn't too encouraging.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/news/ekta-kapoor-never-ever-work-harshad-chopda-and-additi-gupta
This is what happens when fans think they can do anything. I am worried about sarun now ipk fans are doing the same thing without realising the impact their fav will face because of their stupidity
Hey nb 😊 I am kind of scared about the article
Originally posted by freefalling

Hey nb 😊 I am kind of scared about the article
hey luna😃

me too i don't want sanaya's image to be spoiled
lovely pic shilpi
gosh u girls are jealous and i was a tad too☺️
initially i was a tad sad looking at the pics coz so used to seeing only with san but i must admit barun pashmeen  make  such a  cute pair...barun looks different in these pics otherwise he's so uptight and conscious in his pics...he looks so much at ease  with pashmeen...and pashmeen doesn't look a day older than 20 ...she's kinda cute though not conventionally beautiful...there is something abt her.i like her

Edited by ght_sajan - 11 years ago
I think.such things might happen with sarun
I hope we get to see sanaya soon
Originally posted by moodie.foodie

omg that pic of the TRIO...totally a guys thing to do! 🤣 

@kins - TFS the SPL vid...yep, only sanaya can do n get away wid such stuff 🤣

@sonu - ppl actually call barun's wife bhabhi ?? 🤣 kyun bhai, is he the jagat-bhaiyya? 🤣 reminds me of BhaTiya posts 🤣🤣
what is Bhatiya ...barun is anything but jagat bhaiyya🤣🤣🤣.he's only his sister's bhaiyya
Edited by ght_sajan - 11 years ago
@nb2011 I miss talking with U 🤗How was ur exam ?
Originally posted by freefalling

@nb2011 I miss talking with U 🤗How was ur exam ?
aww 😳
exams were good 😃

sonu remember all those post with great humour  😆
I hope we can talk about Sanaya 😎 I miss talking about her .. ..
I hope she is back onscreen soon