Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vickat_4evr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Credit to shonasandy

Breaking News: Khushi of Is Pyar ko kya naam doon will be coming to Artesia Shopping Festival!!
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Viren and Jeevika won't be able to make it to the festival.Edited by Sarunpassion - 11 years ago
moodie.foodie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
sanaya going to US...woohooo...!! ðŸ¥³

dunno wot the festival entails...but m sure she ll combine it wid a holiday :D
Vickat_4evr thumbnail
Video of san
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3328003
Vickat_4evr thumbnail
Guys see this
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9RpIDmeAg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
-HappyBird- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Whoever going to meet Sanaya Plz ask her to come back soon on screen 😭 I miss her 😕
MagicLantern thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i miss them terribly😭...this couple needs to happen again if not it's goin to be really sad...such magic doesn't happen everyday...

Edited by ght_sajan - 11 years ago
-HappyBird- thumbnail
-HappyBird- thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9ffNWV4e5yU[/YOUTUBE]
-HappyBird- thumbnail
Maat-E-Jaan Is such nice serial.The OST of this serial is just amazing
Anam... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

There was a time when I had zero balance in my bank account: Akshay Dogra

Akshay Dogra

A page from the personal diary of Akshay Dogra

Hello everyone, I am Akshay Dogra whom you all know as Aakash Singh Raizada from my last show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon.

Firstly, a little bit about myself. Born and brought up in Delhi where my parents stay, I completed my schooling and later college from the city itself. These days, I stay with my wife in Mumbai.

Before getting into acting, I used to write scripts and stories and never thought of becoming an actor. I started my career by working behind the scenes as an executive producer as well as a member of the Creative Unit of many shows. I also worked as an assistant to Deepak Tijori. I was also an executive producer for NDTV Imagine's Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi for 4 to 5 episodes.

Later, I also worked in news channels like CNBC as an entertainment reporter and later was with NDTV in its production department.

After working behind the camera, I thought of quitting and trying my luck on television. One day, to my surprise, an assistant director who saw me, asked if I was an actor? Without bating my eyelid, I immediately replied in the positive. On this, he asked me to come down to his office with my portfolio and appear for an audition. Likewise, I appeared for the audition and by God's grace, I got the opportunity to do my first television show Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

After that I also did Kasturi, Ranbir Rano, 12/24 Karol Bagh and Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. In-between these shows, I did couple of videos and episodics.

Talking about my journey till date, I would say that I have had to struggle a lot; struggling is part of television. There was a time when I was sitting at home for a year and had no work. Then I had zero balance in my bank account and during that phase my family and my wife has helped me a lot. All I can say is for an actor, it is very difficult to survive without work.

I think only main lead roles work in the industry because viewers give importance to the lead players, to me, this is a wrong practice. Anyway, I am not happy with any of my previous roles and am repentant with the roles that I did.

Though on the personal front, I have made very good friends like Sanaya (Irani), Abhaas (Mehta), Daljeet (Bhanot). on the professional side, I am not happy with the work I have done till now. But now, I want to do something challenging; will be very choosy about the work I will do in future.

On the personal front, I am a very calm guy and don't take much stress. In fact, I have always been a happy-go-lucky person, so needn't unwind myself.

My best moment of life was when my wife Sakshi and I got together. It's been four years now are married.

So this was my journey in a nutshell. I hope you keep loving me as you do now.