Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-HappyBird- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

'I AM A COMPLETE PSYCHO IN REAL LIFE'

Says Sanaya Irani, tackling questions about her arrogant image and news of Barun Sobti quitting her show

Sanaya Irani might play coy roles on TV, but she is known to be arrogant, rude and difficult. Riding on the success of her hit show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, Sanaya talks about her co-star Barun Sobti quitting the show and how her success has not affected her relationship with boyfriend Mohit Sehgal.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What do you think of your image as a difficult person?

I have heard that, but I am not a difficult person. People who know me would laugh if they read that I was arrogant. I don't need to prove that to anyone. I am working long hours and I am in every shot (in the serial). I am a simple person who leads a simple life. When people try to make me more than I am, that puts me in a shell which people think is rude.

But that's part of what comes with being a star.

Yes I know, but that doesn't mean I have to be cool with it. I love acting and I didn't become an actor for fame or money. I want people to not bother me. Yet I get the point of fans, who want autographs and photographs regardless of the fact that I am eating or relaxing with friends. I try to make them happy but I also hope that they understand me.

What do you think of your character Khushi?

As an actor, I needed growth and I knew this role would be different from Gunjan in Miley Jab Hum Tum. I found it hard to play the simple Gunjan as I am a complete psycho in real life. Later, I wondered if I would be able to break out of it. When I got the role of Khushi, I was worried whether I could do it well. As my Hindi is weak and Khushi is a fast talker with chaste Hindi, the role helped me explore everything as an actor.

What is your reaction to the news that Barun is

quitting the show?

I don't know about it. Obviously, it will be a big loss to the show, but I believe life goes on. If Barun has taken this decision, it will be for his good. I think no one should get negative about it, right from the audiences to the team.

There are rumours that the show might end after he leaves.

I have been hearing the same rumours but I think it is speculation.

You have done films like Fanna (2006). Are you looking at movies again?

I don't even think about films. I have to get something good and clean, that is of great importance to me. I have heard lots about the film industry and the casting couch scares me. If someone even proposes that to me, I would slap that person, sit on him and bang his head. I would literally kill that person.

Were there tough phases between Mohit and you when you doing well and he wasn't?

No. These things haven't affected our relationship. Struggle is part of life. When he (Mohit) came to Mumbai, he got his first show in 20 days, which doesn't happen to others who struggle for years to get a break. So after Miley Jab Hum Tum, when he had a gap, I told him to consider it as his struggle period.

moodie.foodie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
@anam  - sorry i slept off yesterday without signing off here...was gr8 fun for me too...wish u had more time to come around here :D anyways, tc n good luck wid the project :)

@fari - TFS! πŸ€—  i like her answers...esp the casting couch reaction πŸ€£ that is so sanaya! 😎 but on a serious note, those ppl deserve even worse! 

@pinku -  πŸ€— r u back for good? n ya its better to stay away from all the interviews / articles...just accept that barun is leaving the show...baaki jo hoga, aan do! 
pinky_blueskies thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: moodie.foodie

@pinku -  πŸ€— r u back for good? n ya its better to stay away from all the interviews / articles...just accept that barun is leaving the show...baaki jo hoga, aan do! 

shilpu πŸ€— i'm back but not for good😭 going to be busy from tomorrow.πŸ˜•  i'll be back for good from next weekend.. hopefully!😳
CandYlicious_S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
To all FCians..!

*goes back to books* πŸ˜”

Pinku good decision girl..! 😳

Originally posted by: -PreciousPearl-

To all FCians..!

*goes back to books* πŸ˜”

Pinku good decision girl..! 😳

sumiii.. πŸ€— all the beshttt πŸ˜ƒ
i don't want to involve myself in these off-screen dramas anymore.. i haven't been well and i don't even know what's happening to me. πŸ˜” i've been getting unknown bruises on my legs πŸ˜”
Edited by pinky0902 - 11 years ago
moodie.foodie thumbnail
@pinku - oh ok...hope to see ya soon :D n do drop in weneva u have time :)

@sumiii - super awwwiesss...that is such a cute tight hug πŸ€— thank u! :D and yes, good luck wid exams :)

@sonu - come out...i see u LIKE-ing...whr hv u been?
Edited by moodie.foodie - 11 years ago
MagicLantern thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
sumi: i guess that's a wise move ...if it's taking a toll on you...but doesn't mean u bid adieu to this place...it's not like ipk is the only thing we discuss. drop by whenever u feel like ...enjoy the break but do come backπŸ€—
pinky: oh dear...what happened...pls take care and it's best t give the whole ipk thing a rest...doesn't deserve that kinda attention ...and certainly not at the cost of ur health .i understand ur schedule is tight but do take care of ur self and pls see a doc soon...
Edited by ght_sajan - 11 years ago
CandYlicious_S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: pinky0902

i don't want to involve myself in these off-screen dramas anymore.. i haven't been well and i don't even know what's happening to me. πŸ˜” i've been getting unknown bruises on my legs πŸ˜”

Hawww are they the same bruises that you were telling me about a few days back? 😲

Pinks yar go to a proper dermatologist.. :( Before it gets worse.. :(

And dont think about all these offscreen stuff..! Jo bhi hoga, it will be on our TV screens soon.. πŸ˜† So why bother yourself with all these interviews and all? πŸ€” These actors are HUMANS and they are flawed as well.. Just like us.. I dont know WHY fans love to think that their favourites are 'angels' landed straight from heaven.. 😊 🀣 and then when they see that flawed side of the actor, they become 'hurt'.. 🀣 Hayeee 'bunch of people keh diya' 🀣  These fans are even more OTT then Khushi nowadays.. πŸ˜†

I remember San's reaction on this word 'ANGEL'.. 🀣 Her and Barun's reaction was ROFL worthy..! 🀣

Just pay attention to yourself and ur health, baqi sab ko leave on God..! 😳 He'll decide the BEST for us.! 😳 πŸ€—
Originally posted by: moodie.foodie

@pinku - oh ok...hope to see ya soon :D n do drop in weneva u have time :)

@sumiii - super awwwiesss...that is such a cute tight hug πŸ€— thank u! :D and yes, good luck wid exams :)

@sonu - come out...i see u LIKE-ing...whr hv u been?

will defo dooo!! i will be inactive but i'll drop by every other time😳

anamm -- thankooo for sharing san's pics last night <3 i dunno which dress is amazing but i loved all😳
moodie.foodie thumbnail
Originally posted by: pinky0902

hawww...wot happ? have u been knocking urself down like i do all the time? πŸ˜† if not, its better u get it checked dear..