India-Forums

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Jeeman OS: Sister's Wedding & Daughter's Farewell

Amii90 IF-Dazzler
Amii90
Amii90

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Yes I was still sulking over the fact that CVs never projected JEEMAN angle during Manvi's wedding so made this small attempt to console myself! I know this piece is far from being perfect but even if CVs had shown 10% of this, I would have been content! So, here is how I had somewhat imagined the Behnas during the wedding! Ignore spelling & grammar errors :)

EDIT: KD's comment on Manvi's wedding- Syncs well with the theme of this OS (13:33- 14:21) 

JEEMAN OS- Sister's wedding & Daughter's Farewell

A teary smile formed on her face as she slowly flipped the pages of the wedding album; tracing her hands over her pictures and at times wiping her tear drops from those glossy pages, she recalled the day of her Mannu's wedding and the memories attached with those pictures.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
After doing the final touches, Jeevika looked at her Mannu who, in her wedding attire adorned with traditional jewellery and matching accessories, was looking like a perfect bride. Jeevika simply gazed at her beauty slowly coming to the terms that her baby sister was about to step into new phase of her life. Jeevika came out of her thoughts as Manvi snapped her fingers in front of her to grab her attention; Jeevika simply smiled wiping her tears and kissed Manvi's forhead before Jeevika led Manvi to the wedding venue. As they walked across the hall making their way towards the mandap, they could hear audible whispers of those in the venue praising the bride. Jeevika made eye contact with Viren and others standing next to the mandap whereas Manvi focused her attention on her partner, Virat, who was sitting at the mandap and was now mesmerized by her looks. After the couple exchanged the garlands, Jeevika helped Manvi sit down as her heavy attire made it difficult for Manvi to manage it on her own; she looked at the couple in an awe as they looked nothing but perfect together and slowly moved back to join Viren standing in the back who read her emotions that were explicit in her welled up eyes. He held her hand tightly making her look up to build an eye- contact and nodded silently to validate her feelings; being a older brother himself, he was able to connect to Jeevika's emotions as they both eyed their younger siblings commencing a new journey together.

The priest began chanting the hymns to mark the beginning of an auspicious event and informed others of the rituals that were to be conducted at required intervals. For the first ritual, the Pandit requested bride's parents to come forward to do the Kanyadaan; hearing this, Manvi instantly looked back at Jeevika as it was already decided that Viren and Jeevika would conduct this ritual and elders had happily conformed to this request of Manvi. Jeevika nodded at Manvi with brimming eyes and turned to look towards Viren who graciously accepted this task and held Jeevika's hand as they walked up to the mandap. They bent down sitting between the couple to start the ceremony while Manvi looked at Virat who smiled and silently assured her that he completely agrees with her decision of having her sister and Jiju do the Kanyadaan. As the priest began reciting the holy hymns, Jeevika recalled all those memories of her and her Mannu- Jeevika's promise to her mother to look after her younger sister, thier childhood memories, Mannu's playful antics and her witty plans, their countless trips to the Ganga-Ghaat including thier classic way of promising each other of something by flipping a coin, Manvi getting in trouble from Beeji and Jeevika coming to her rescue, and much more! She and Viren slowly took placed Manvi's right hand and placed it in Virat's right hand while Sanskrit sermon was chanted in the background; Jeevika eyed Manvi trying to maintain her smile in between her tears whereas Manvi was in equally vulnerable position but managed to smile back at her Di! Jeevika caressed Manvi's cheek blessing her while Viren patted Virat's back wishing him all the best and placed his hand on Manvi's head lightly before leaving the mandap to bless her.

The couple engaged in further rituals where they offered offerings to the fire while reciting the holy mantras. The priest then called out for groom's sister to conduct the 'Gathbandan' ceremony and Jeevika, being a sister like Bhabhi to Virat, was called to do the 'Gathbandhan' of the couple. Jeevika who stood close to the mandap walked up while Viren looked at Jeevika proudly fulfilling her role and duties as a mother and sister to Manvi and as sister and Bhabhi to Virat! Virat looked back smiling at Jeevika who was nothing but elated to perform this duty for his dear Devar; she slowly grabbed Virat's palla and brought it forward to tie with Manvi's Dupatta; she tied the knot while mentally praying for their bond to last for an eternity.

The couple was then asked to stand up to take Pheras; Virat slowly got up ensuring that his Palla is at its right stretch whereas Jeevika helped Manvi get up fixing her heavy lehnga and went back standing next to Viren. Viren, like many others, showered the couple with flower petals as they walked around the holy fire to seek blessing for their matrimony but looked around to see Jeevika simply watching the scene in front of her eyes being in an awe of this new couple. He placed his arm around her neck resting it on her right shoulder causing Jeevika to look up and they exchanged a knowing smile that indicated that they have to accept the fact that their younger siblings who are more like their kids have grown up now and have embarked this matrimonial journey as an adults. Virat and Manvi completed seven holy rounds and sat down for the final and an important stage of the wedding ceremony. Beeji, upon priest's instruction, brought forward the tray which had Sindoor and Mangalsutar and held out the Sindoor to Virat. Virat took some in his fingers and slowly filled Manvi's paritition with Sindoor while Jeevika held up Manvi's maang-tika making it easier for Virat to put Sindoor. Then finally, Virat completed the last ritual as he placed mangalsutra around Manvi's neck while sharing a smile with her. The priest completed the ceremony and announced the couple as legally wedded now and instructed them to seek blessings of their elders.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Flipping ahead, Jeevika looked the picture of Manvi & Virat taking blessing from her and Viren as she recalled Virat & Manvi's words.
Though Jeevika tried to stop the couple, they still went ahead and bent to seek blessings from her.

Manvi: Di, aapne bachpan se mujhe behan kam aur beti zayada maana hai aur Jiju, aapne bhi mujhe apni bachi ki tarah hi treat hi kiya hai. Mere liye aap hi mere mummy papa ho aur aaj kanyaadan ki rasam nibha kar aap dono voh rishta aur bhi mazboot kar diya. Di, bhale hi aapne mujhe janam naa diya ho lekin...apni khushi chod kar aapne meri jaan bachaa kar mujhe naya janam zaroor diya hai. Jiju, aapne hamesha Di ka saath diya aur is baar bhi aapne apne bache ki bajaye apni is bachi ke baare main socha. Di, Jiju... aaj aapki behan yaan saali nahi balki aapki beti aapse aashirwaad le rahi hai.

Tears rolled down Jeevika's cheeks and this emotional talk couldn't stop Viren from shedding tears either; they both were tongue tied hearing Manvi's words and they simply embraced Manvi in a tight hug. Viren wiped his tears and lightly slapped Manvi for making him cry in front of everyone while Jeevika kissed Manvi's forehead.

Virat: Bhabhi, Bhai...Manvi bilkul theek keh rahi hai...agar aap nahi hote to aaj Manvi mere saath nahi hoti... Thank You!
Viren: Abh tu bhi rulayega, kya?

Virat and Viren smiled at each other with teary eyes and shared a tight brotherly hug.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The next few pictures brought a huge smile on Jeevika's face which shortly transformed into a laughter as she recalled this particular scene from the wedding.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Virat had been looking around for his shoes for a while but they were nowhere to be seen; Viren tried looking for them as well but no such luck. Just then, Jeevika came forward with a huge smile that indicated she was surely upto something!

Jeevika: Kya hua, Devar Ji?
Virat: Bhabhi, mere joote nahi mil rahe
Jeevika: Oho...waise aap ko nahi lagta ki aap kuch bhool rahe hain?
Virat: Main kuch samjha nahi? Kya bhool raha hoon main?
Jeevika: Paise do, joote lo!!! Paise do, joote lo!

Viren, Virat, and Manvi were in shock as they didn't expect this coming out of Jeevika who was enjoying every bit of this!

Virat: Bhabhi, this is not fair...aap mere saath aise kaise... I mean...
Jeevika: Kyun main kyun nahi kar sakti
Virat: Bhabhi...aap bade ho isliye main manaa bhi nahi kar sakta...
Viren: Jeevika, yaar tum yeh sabh... tum badi ho tumhe yeh sabh karna theek nahi lagta..chodo yeh sabh
Jeevika: Jee Viren Ji theek kaha aapne...aur waise bhi choti saali ke hote huye mujhe kuch karne ki zaroorat nahi hai
Manvi: Choti Saali? Di, kya bol rahi ho?
Jeevika: Mannu, tu bhool gayi humari teesri behan...DABBU!!!

Manvi was laughing while Virat and Viren were surprised as they saw Dabbu coming running with shoes in his hands.

Dabbu: Virat Jiju, aap sharaafat se paise dedo aur joote lelo
Viren: Virat, tu rehne de...maine second pair ka intezaam kiya hua hai...just wait!
Dabbu: Koi fayada nahi hai Jiju, voh second pair bhi mere paas hi hai...Jeevika didi ne mujhe pehle hi bata diya uske baare mein!

Viren looked at Jeevika who gave him an innocent smile causing Viren to shake his head at her childish move. Jeevika stood behind Dabbu supporting and cheering for him till Virat finally gave in and handed over good stash of cash to Dabbu in exchange for shoes.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
As Jeevika scrolled down to the last page of the album, she could feel her eyes getting welled up yet again! The moment where she had finally broken down after controlling herself the entire day; though Manvi was coming to Vadera household forever and would be staying with Jeevika for rest of her life, that Bidaai moment still managed to pull strings of Jeevika's heart. She recalled engulfing Manvi in a tight hug and embracing her a for a while never letting her go; the only thing that consoled her was the fact that Manvi would be coming to her house shortly. But as a sister who raised her Mannu like a mother, it became very emotionally challenging for her to let her Mannu go- someone who was just a kid to her yesterday was now married and was a daughter-in-law. For Jeevika, Mannu was her child that battled with Cancer, a child that she and Viren chose to save over their unborn one! Though Jeevika had been fulfilling every duty of hers being a sister and a mother; she validated this further by giving re-birth to Manvi making thier Khoon Ka Rishta more stronger and real than ever! While doing the Kanyaadan, she experienced that motherly affection more than ever and somewhere she felt relieved that she had been successful in fulfilling her promise to her mother. If their mother had been alive today, she would have done the same for Manvi as Jeevika did! Jeevika became THAT mother to her Mannu that they lost in their childhood and looking at the final glimpses of her sister's wedding, she realized that on her sister's wedding, she gave farwell to her DAUGHTER!!!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
She closed the album hearing Mannu calling out for her; she placed the album down and made her way out to the hallway to greet Mannu; Jeevika was finally coming to terms that her daughter has grown up and married and now was coming back from her honeymoon. Manvi ran upto Jeevika and crushed her in a hug; Manvi looked at Jeevika's teary eyes wondering what is wrong but Jeevika nodded saying its nothing and kissed her forehead welcoming her back! She stood there listening to Manvi who was telling her about her honeymoon and she thought to herself "Daughter may outgrow your lap, but will never outgrow your heart"!
*************************************************************************************************************

Edited by Amii90 - 12 November 2012 at 2:57am

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

Mariddasabeehajs1234Hello-hi-by-byRose_Tandonammyaashijenna_pshine123nobodmg123-Pj---Iqra--ohsehun.Saaraa._keertu_Neha.K.Let-It-Go_Ridz_

Neha.K. IF-Sizzlerz
Neha.K.
Neha.K.

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 7:37am | IP Logged
ho kya raha hai aaj.. meri toh happy diwali ho gayi sachi mein... 2nd Jeeman OS in a day...

*Edited*

Beautiful, just beautiful! I loved it! everything was perfect! You write the two of them SO SO WELL...Very Original...SmileSmileSmileSmile.. defenitley made me say AWWWSmile It brought a few tears to my eyes. I love the way you can make me feel as if I'm experiencing every thought that Jeevika was having. Just loveddd everything...

Jeevika eyed Manvi trying to maintain her smile in between her tears whereas Manvi was in equally vulnerable position but managed to smile back at her Di!-  :) nothing can be more beautifull and adorable than this :):):):)  I can't get over it.

He placed his arm around her neck resting it on her right shoulder causing Jeevika to look up and they exchanged a knowing smile that indicated that they have to accept the fact that their younger siblings who are more like their kids have grown up now and have embarked this matrimonial journey as an adults... -

Though Jeevika tried to stop the couple, they still went ahead and bent to seek blessings from her.-
Awesome*claps like crazy*Tongue

they simply embraced Manvi in a tight hug. Viren wiped his tears and lightly slapped Manvi for making him cry in front of everyone while Jeevika kissed Manvi's forehead. Smile

Jeevika: Paise do, joote lo!!! Paise do, joote lo!
Viren, Virat, and Manvi were in shock as they didn't expect this coming out of Jeevika who was enjoying every bit of this!

Choti Saali - DabbuLOL

Manvi looked at Jeevika's teary eyes wondering what is wrong but Jeevika nodded saying its nothing and kissed her forehead welcoming her back! She stood there listening to Manvi who was telling her about her honeymoon and she thought to herself "Daughter may outgrow your lap, but will never outgrow your heart - And tears again came to my eyes... :).. Made me feel emotions I can't even explain. Fantastic job.

Waise main poora shot quote kar sakti thi apni fav lines batate batate par uska fayda kuch ni hota na... ulta tu mujhe gaaliyan deti ki tujhe teri hi Os padhwa rahi hun :|
That was honestly brilliant. The things Cvs missed, the lil things they cudnt potray on screen, u wrote them soo soo beautifully... So perfectly, evocatively written. full of emotions n love... commendable writing skills..i must say..u have a mastery in expressing emotions in words.. Thanks for the wonderfulll Treat...
Love You!!!!
Happy Diwali :)

Edited by Neha.K. - 11 November 2012 at 9:12am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Hello-hi-by-bynoboshine123Amii90ohsehun.

Amii90 IF-Dazzler
Amii90
Amii90

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 7:40am | IP Logged
@Neha: LOL It wasn't planned; me and Priya just happened to write OS at same time and that too on JEEMAN- Talk about Telepathy! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

noboshine123ohsehun.

nobo IF-Dazzler
nobo
nobo

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 7:47am | IP Logged
 I didnt remember I reserved Ouch commented in other post...sorry Amii

Edited by nobo - 11 November 2012 at 8:05am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Amii90

shine123 IF-Dazzler
shine123
shine123

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 7:48am | IP Logged

Brilliant OS hai ji...luved it...
Mujhe Diwali par 2-2 treats mil gaii...yay...

luved the way u described jeevika's feeling while luking at the photo album...
The kanyadaan nd ghandbhandhan...Day Dreaming
Wish show mein bhi kuch aisa hota...

then Joota one ...awesome...Jeevika nahi toh kya hua choti saali Dabbu toh hai nah...lol

Then :
Manvi: Di, aapne bachpan se mujhe behan kam aur beti zayada maana hai aur Jiju, aapne bhi mujhe apni bachi ki tarah hi treat hi kiya hai. Mere liye aap hi mere mummy papa ho aur aaj kanyaadan ki rasam nibha kar aap dono voh rishta aur bhi mazboot kar diya. Di, bhale hi aapne mujhe janam naa diya ho lekin...apni khushi chod kar aapne meri jaan bachaa kar mujhe naya janam zaroor diya hai. Jiju, aapne hamesha Di ka saath diya aur is baar bhi aapne apne bache ki bajaye apni is bachi ke baare main socha. Di, Jiju... aaj aapki behan yaan saali nahi balki aapki beti aapse aashirwaad le rahi hai.

Luved it...Heart

last sentence...Day DreamingHeart

Thnk u for such a perfect OS...
Happy Diwali...!!!!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Amii90Neha.K.

nobo IF-Dazzler
nobo
nobo

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 8:04am | IP Logged
  title Stern Smile...so so apt !! & I am just Ermm...Jeevika accepted her mannu's growing up but I am stil having a tough time Ouch

Coming to story...So  beautifully penned...
 There are so much lines I lovved

Jeevika simply gazed at her beauty slowly coming to the terms that her baby sister was about to step into new phase of her life Ouch Star

For the first ritual, the Pandit requested bride's parents to come forward to do the Kanyadaan; hearing this, Manvi instantly looked back at Jeevika   Clap

. As the priest began reciting the holy hymns, Jeevika recalled all those memories of her and her Mannu- Jeevika's promise to her mother to look after her younger sister, thier childhood memories, Mannu's playful antics and her witty plans, their countless trips to the Ganga-Ghaat including thier classic way of promising each other of something by flipping a coin, Manvi getting in trouble from Beeji and Jeevika coming to her rescue, and much more!  ClapClap Unhappy ( sweet memories)

Everything from Small caring things Jeevika did to Maanvi's words at time of taking AAshirwad & till Teesri behen's antics was fabulous HeartStar

How I wish they had consulted you before the marraige tarck Ouch

Amii90shine123Neha.K.

nobo IF-Dazzler
nobo
nobo

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 8:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Amii90

@Neha: LOL It wasn't planned; me and Priya just happened to write OS at same time and that too on JEEMAN- Talk about Telepathy! 

AAkhir behne hai ham..AT ka rishta hai hamara ROFLROFL

Waise yeah telepathy indeed rockks...waise I write only about JeeMaan so thats not a coincidence...Ur writing on them surely isLOL

& as I said on ma thrd in ur rpl...thats what I call a story, not my bakwas LOL

Edited by nobo - 11 November 2012 at 9:03am

Amii90shine123Neha.K.

--Iqra-- IF-Rockerz
--Iqra--
--Iqra--

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Beautiful OS!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Amii90shine123

Go to top