Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

ZAHARA.

Coolbie

ZAHARA.

FF Forum Graphicer, Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Recently, Amazon has launched the new Kindle Fire in England and I'm considering buying it. However, I'm not sure whether it would be a good investment. Would you consider buying it? And if you have bought it, do you think its a suitable tablet in comparison to the Apple or other android tablets?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

King-Anu

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Would you buy the new Kindle Fire?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

be-happy-always

Goldie

be-happy-always

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Oh hey,
I was also thinking of buying it!!

the latest one - it also has a browser in it! along with the books!
plus i feel it convenient for reading all books - may that be for studying or general - if they r available at amazon!

But now, I'm planning to take iPad 3 (cannot handle iPad 4's small screen)
just coz of the stylus - I need something where I can write my notes also in hand along with the lectures going on!

Good Luck with whatever choice you make!

Edited by be-happy-always - 11 November 2012 at 7:35pm

ZAHARA.

ZAHARA.

Coolbie

ZAHARA.

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by be-happy-always

Oh hey,
I was also thinking of buying it!!

the latest one - it also has a browser in it! along with the books!
plus i feel it convenient for reading all books - may that be for studying or general - if they r available at amazon!

But now, I'm planning to take iPad 3 (cannot handle iPad 4's small screen)
just coz of the stylus - I need something where I can write my notes also in hand along with the lectures going on!

Good Luck with whatever choice you make!

Yeah! I was considering buying it for my studies but also it's cheaper than the Ipad's...
considering that i mostly want it to read books, I think it is a better offer

I'm sure the kindle has a stylus too!

thanks anyway

be-happy-always

King-Anu

IF-Rockerz

King-Anu

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:54am | IP Logged

I bought simple Kindle Fire 7 Inch version for someone. It is a quality tablet. If you have more money then you can go with 7 inch HD version which has camera + better resolution. I am not sure what they offer in 10 inch version.

Ipad is the best and now they have 4th generation 10 inch IPAD and a 7 inch Mini IPAD. They are expensive and mini does not have great specs as well.

I dont buy Apple products because they are expensive and tied to Itunes, which I hate. Its too complicated.

Conclusion: Yes Kindle fire is a valid option in this ever changing market. You can also consider google nexus 7 inch.

Edited by King-Anu - 12 November 2012 at 8:55am

ZAHARA.

ZAHARA.

Coolbie

ZAHARA.

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

I bought simple Kindle Fire 7 Inch version for someone. It is a quality tablet. If you have more money then you can go with 7 inch HD version which has camera + better resolution. I am not sure what they offer in 10 inch version.

Ipad is the best and now they have 4th generation 10 inch IPAD and a 7 inch Mini IPAD. They are expensive and mini does not have great specs as well.

I dont buy Apple products because they are expensive and tied to Itunes, which I hate. Its too complicated.

Conclusion: Yes Kindle fire is a valid option in this ever changing market. You can also consider google nexus 7 inch.

OOH, the Nexus! I've been reading reviews on Kindle Fire VS Nexus but still not sure which one to go for...Kindle Fire is better for reading but the Nexus has so much more apps! This is so tricky. 

I'm always confused about the Apple products because you need another apple product to use something else. For example, Itunes, Ipods etc. That's the reason I don't want to buy any Apple products seeing as the whole environmental issue on mass labour in the other countries. 

But yeah, I guess the main competition for me is between Kindle Fire and Google Nexus.

King-Anu

IF-Rockerz

King-Anu

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ZAHARA.

Originally posted by King-Anu

OOH, the Nexus! I've been reading reviews on Kindle Fire VS Nexus but still not sure which one to go for...Kindle Fire is better for reading but the Nexus has so much more apps! This is so tricky. 

I'm always confused about the Apple products because you need another apple product to use something else. For example, Itunes, Ipods etc. That's the reason I don't want to buy any Apple products seeing as the whole environmental issue on mass labour in the other countries. 

But yeah, I guess the main competition for me is between Kindle Fire and Google Nexus.

Nexus

The good: The Nexus 7's quad-core Tegra 3 processor delivers fast performance and a beautiful and responsive screen. Also, it's comfortable to hold and Android 4.1 brings a surplus of welcome additions. At only $200, the Nexus 7 is a steal.

The bad: The lack of built-in expandable storage and omission of HDMI are disappointing, and the design follows the plain, black tablet mold. The top and bottom bezels are a bit too thick

The bottom line: With a beautiful screen, fast performance, a comfortable design, and overall great media options, the Nexus 7 is easily the best 7-inch tablet available and one of the top tablets on the market.

Kindle HD

The good: The Kindle Fire HD has a most impressive-looking 7-inch tablet screen, its speakers deliver killer sound, and its refined interface is the best gateway to Amazon content for Prime members. New enhancements fill its $200 price to the brim with value.

The bad: Performance is sluggish at times and the Fire HD is less comfortable to hold than the Nexus 7. The curated app store means many apps and games are not available. There's a $15 opt-out for ads.

The bottom line: With a beautiful screen, refined interface, and huge coffer of media consumption options, the Amazon Kindle Fire HD is the Kindle Fire as it should have been.

I have a PRIME account and with that you get lots of free books movies and shows if you have Kindle. That was deciding factor Also my budget was around 150 so I went with FIRE. In the end there will be something good in few months so not worth it to spend 500 dollars on these.

Edited by King-Anu - 12 November 2012 at 9:12am

ZAHARA.

ZAHARA.

Coolbie

ZAHARA.

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Hm, I think I'm much more confident with the Kindle Fire now. I'll be sure to buy that for my birthday LOL

Thank you!

King-Anu

King-Anu

IF-Rockerz

King-Anu

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ZAHARA.

Hm, I think I'm much more confident with the Kindle Fire now. I'll be sure to buy that for my birthday LOL

Thank you!

You are gifting a  gift to yourself? lol. how thoughtful of you. no problem and happy birthday in advance (not that it matters). tc

Post Reply New Post

Go to top