Arjun

November 10th - Keys to the Past?

..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Hi Everyone!

So I just watched today's episode and I must say, I was slightly disappointed with it. I don't know if anyone else felt the same way or not but here are my thoughts followed by my excitement over teh fact that we're slowly getting into the ETF team's individual stories.😃

Although the story/case chosen for today had an interesting premise - the opening scene was totally captivating in my opinion - because I was sitting there wondering what/who was causing the mother to literally kill her own child. I understood her feelings/why she would commit suicide after what she had done. It simply made sense. 

However, today's episode and the answer to the mystery didn't seem to flow. I felt like they were trying to cram too many things into a one hour episode, and thought that they should have potentially stretched it out over the course of two days in order to give more development of the backstory, of what was going on with Bruce Boys. It took a lot of time to build to the fact that the Bruce Boys were involved in this murder/suicide business; however, once that discovery was made, everything seemed to fall into place a little too conveniently, and I would have preferred more development there, possibly them trying to actually commit another crime, a theft of whatever sort, and being caught in action, like as they were stealing or whatever. Beyond all of that, the crime was solved too quickly and too abruptly. Chotu has all of these informers? And Shree just finding a website (?) on the Bruce Boys? I feel like more care could have been taken with this episode. 

But more than anything, the ending. I really disliked the ending, and how everything was tied up too quickly. It just left me feeling very incomplete. And plus, I would have liked to see what happened with Mona. The ending message of the corrupted police officer - meh, I didn't think it was shown as a theme throughout the episode, and hence wasn't as impactful as it might have been otherwise. 
That was me on the episode in general.

Now on to what I loved about the episode. 

The backstory of Chotu was revealed, and in such a way that was an emotional kicker to us viewers. When I saw Chotu step in front of the hospital room with that bouquet of flowers and looking really wistful and sad, I actually thought he was recollecting the last moments of Riya. However, when we saw him break apart and explain that his own father had committed suicide, I was left stunned. The pain that little by must have gone through, the confusion, just the mess he was trying to live through and working in such a way as to become a member of the ETF - I thought that was really impressively told. Moreso than anything, the connection that was made with Mona and Shikha. Chotu understood the pain the young girl would feel, that sense of loss, and that one line by him that "A suicide doesn't affect only the ones that die, but also the ones that are close to them" 👏👏 That's one of the main reasons I wanted to see what happened with Mona at the end, after Bruce was caught and told the ETF team to send the girl to live with her grandmother. I want to know that she was happy. I simply don't want to have to 

Shree's and Chotu's strong bond was highlighted after this story was told and he comforted him, he was there for him. I love it. It was something that was depicted so well, by the actors, written really well, by the CVs. It was very meaningful. And same when Arjun understood Chotu's pain, and thought about Mona, telling Chotu that he should be the one to tell the girl about her mother's passing because he understood her plight more than anyone else there did. They were being thoughtful. We see that there is a heart underneath that stubborn/expressionless mask that is on Arjun's face. We see that Chotu had a story behind him, we find out why being an ETF officer was important to him. 

And I'm hoping we see the same story gradually unfold for the other members of ETF as well. Because in the end, yes this is a show about crimes and the solving of these cases, and I applaud that, I thoroughly enjoy it but at the same time because we're with the ETF team for so long, we also want to know who they are, beyond being police officers. What shaped them, what the keys to their past are. 

What did you all think about the episode? 

Do leave your thoughts and I hope I haven't put anyone to sleep!😆
Cheers!
Naina