Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

sahi.

IF-Sizzlerz

sahi.

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 12:40am | IP Logged
Thuppaki Reviews and Discussions

Movie Plot:

Vijay plays the role of an Army officer in this movie and he comes for a vacation to mumbai which is his native. And there happens some bomb blasts and how Vijay gets into it and saves the public is the rest of the story. Yes, this story seem to be usual and a simple one but the way screenplay was handeled was fantastic and we will never get bored at any cost.

The movie starts with the intro song "Kutti Puli Koottam" even though the song is not so good and just an average number with the visual had the exraordinary Dance by Vijay. Vijay is shown very stylish in this movie than ever. Kajal was really georgous andpaired-up very well with vijay.Even though Sathyan played the comedy rolein this there was lot of fun between Vijay and Kajal.

Vidyut the villain was really superb and some of his scenes resembled Billa 2 he is the other person who made the movie move very quick. Jayaram's fantastic fun scenes gets applauds from the audience in this movie as a comedian. All the fight sequence are mind blowing.

Coming to the music part of the movie which was average but the BGM was very much better than his previous movies for Harris Jayaraj. As everybody's favorite Google Google was the highlight in this film. Picturization of Poi Varava is really good but seem to be placed in the wrong part in the movie and Poi Varava was a super melody and was really great.

Santosh Sivan's camera works are really great and he deserves to get into the elite club of ASC. His cinematography in a single WOW.

Overall "Thuppakki" is surely a Diwali treat and its a Thalapathy Diwali for all his fans.

Source : Kolly Buzz

Edited by Ravi. - 13 November 2012 at 1:21am

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

cukishmercyanburajPutijaChalhov-Swetha-MindFreezer-Ramya-vinolya..N3rDyM0R0N..Strawbella....vula_kv....Hi_Friends--Siva--ll-Bliss-llCarynParulRatiShivi---Priya---SweetyGreensiva2901SanDhirholic.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~~ Thuppaki Reviews & Discussions ~~" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sahi.

IF-Sizzlerz

sahi.

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 12:41am | IP Logged
Review Vilaiyaadal for Thuppakki

Thuppaki is one of the most expected film of 2012 it has been taken in a huge budget. It stars Ilayathalapathy Vijay and Kajal Agarwal in the lead role, Sathyam and Vidyut Jamal is doing an important roe. Ace cinematographer Santhosh Sivan done the cinematogrpahy and editing by Sreekar Prasad and directed by A.R. Murugadoss...

Storyline
Jagadish(Vijay) is a military officier also a secret D.I.A agent . In vacation ,he comes to Mumbai and falls in love with NISHA (Kajal). Meanwhile a bomb blast takes place, Jagadish decides to find who is behind the attack And on the next attack Jagadish will kills all the terrorists who were the behind that attacks. Here starts the 2nd half .Its a game between the Villain and Jagadish who wins is the climax and towards the ending they are converying a wonderful message.

Performance
Vijay - Thuppaki will work only for one man that is vijay he is just outstanding and he carries the whole film on his shoulder. He is just apt as a army officer and a dia agent jagadish we cannot compare any other actor in his role. Hid dance, acting everthing was class. Negative I feel about vijay is he have to work more on his expression as his eyeball is looking down everytime so most of the time we feel uncomfortable. Overall a great show by Vijay.

Vidyut
- He is the villain we are looking bro he didn't speak any crap punch dialogues or anything what he did was he acts villainously with his expression and phsique which is great...

Kajal Agarwal
- She comes in a cute role and make us enjoyable. Super Singer fame Ragini Sri voice is very apt for Kajal Agarwal it suit her.

Sathyan
- He comes as a cop and make some notable comedy and he plays a next important role after Vidyut and VIjay...

Jayaram - His acting was great but his role was wasted.

Analysis - Positives and Negatives
Postive

As I said before performance of Vijay make the film worth as he steal the complete show his investiagation style is the one we have to look for and Vidyut also a huge plus for Thuppakki.

Story is simple but presentation style of A.R.Murugadoss makes the whole film worth. Screenplay is very engaging as it is mixed with romantic scenes of Vjay and Kajal which has more comedy it was good and makes everyone enjoyable. Then the investigation scenes of Vijay are very good it makes us to edge of the seat as his style investigation make us more exciting. Comedy are great but when comparing to Nanban it was less in comedy but overall some mortion are very funny.

Another postive about Thuppaki is the film has less fight except climax and rescuing operation of Vijay sister there are no big fights most of the fights are like chasing, searching this is somewhat new to Vijay film. Stunts are realitstic there might be few logical error but stunts are a huge asset for Thuppaki.

Harris Jayaraj is going down these days with his rerecoding but he has come up with a great comeback with his rerecording with Thuppakki. Harris Jayaraj has put many themes for this film as ARM said villain theme, jagadish theme, heroine theme, operation so on. Great to see the comeback of harris Jayaraj.

Another plus is Santhosh Sivan cinematography is cool and fresh especially visuals of the songs are very pleasant. Editing by Sreekar Prasad was stricly okay.

Climax bit song poivarava was touching it shows the army officer going back to his work leaving his city and family that is a social cuase it touch all the heart of everyone for sure. Kudos for Murugadoss for showing that army officers leaving part in the climax.

Dialouges which very interesting one of the particular dialogues which is too good is Thivaravatheengalai uyira kuduka bayapuda mattengura apo engala mathri army la irukiravanga uyir kuduka yen bayapudanom. It was so osum definetly clap will come at the theatre for this particular dialogue.

Negatives
As i said in the positve side story line is very simple nothing new with the storyline as we seen many movies with the same format like Thuppaki. Basically they have use the same old revenge formula but good thing is they didn't use revenge for any personal use. They use revenge for social cause but still it is the old formula. First Half Engages us a lot but when the second half comes it is totally a one on one competetion between the hero and villain this make some of them tired on watching it again and again.

Harris Jayaraj bgm can be good but his songs are strictly average. Even the picturization of the songs are good but songs are not at all needed at all for Thuppakki. Every songs in Thuppaki is unwated seriously songs are not needed at all. Especially in 15 minutes two songs this gives a big shout and headache.

Why songs ?? AR.Murugadoss want to satisfy all the mass audience with songs that's why use songs to satisfy them. Every songs picturization is good but all the songs comes in unwated place except poivarava every songs are misplaced we feel tired seeing every song.

Jayaram scens are just so old we have seen Jayaram same act in some films his roles has been wasted a lot... They could have avoid Jayaram scenes.

Santhosh Sivan cinematogrpahy is wonderful but it looks very ordinary nothing new in cinematography as when we compare Santhosh Sivan previous work in Thuppaki his work is very less :( I didn't except this from the ace cinematographer. As the frames are good when in some of the frames the head hides out as it didn't panned properly this is just a view that I saw.

As I mention earlier editing by ace editor Sreekar Prasad also ordinary as some unwated scenes could be cut it out. Even some scene didn't finish properly we get a beep cut like that.

Climax is a biggest drawback as the fight will go between the hero and villain for almost 15 minutes. As while the villain beat the hero then the hero get ups and the hero will do excercise this reminds us a Ghilli climax fight. They could have trimmed the climax fight as in some place it is irritating. Then after the villain and hero fight end then the film will end as no twist such thing will come this definetly turns to be a negative.

Conclusion
Overall Thuppaki is just a passable Entertainer nothing new just a above average flick but it is many times better than the big budget film release this year. Thuppakki is the film which mass audience, Vijay fans and masala film lovers will get satisfy but others getting satisfy with this flick is the big question mark and a passable treat for diwali.

Verdict : Passable Entertainer watch it for the one man Vijay Show
Rating : 7.80/10

Edited by Ravi. - 13 November 2012 at 12:09am

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

mercyanburajdskxxx-Swetha-PutijaChalhovmiganMindFreezer-Ramya-Strawbella....vula_kv....vanadhi..N3rDyM0R0N..-Raichu-Hi_Friends--Siva--ll-Bliss-llParulRatiShiviShemmokrithikasSweetyGreenzan101SanDhirholic.seelaks

--aarthi--

IF-Sizzlerz

--aarthi--

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:05am | IP Logged
me waiting ravi.. hope this becomes super duper hit..heard the stroy line i mean sort of glimpse in an interview from ARM... and i loved it.. i thot it wud be like full and full action but again here v have ... his all mixtures of comedy action romance also... esply the scene where he asks the female lead "Dhum Adipiya"

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cukishdskxxxsahi.

sahi.

IF-Sizzlerz

sahi.

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --aarthi--

me waiting ravi.. hope this becomes super duper hit..heard the stroy line i mean sort of glimpse in an interview from ARM... and i loved it.. i thot it wud be like full and full action but again here v have ... his all mixtures of comedy action romance also... esply the scene where he asks the female lead "Dhum Adipiya"

Ar.Murugadoss comedy lam mostly nalla irukkum akka as ghajini type comedy iruntha sure ah thaaru maaru thaan... Film is a investigation type of film so something different for vijay mostly thuppaki won't disappoin anyone...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cukishhemanthbdskxxx--aarthi--

siva2901

IF-Sizzlerz

siva2901

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:32am | IP Logged
Ar Murugadoss film have high expectations . dont know how it will be

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

groyal393dskxxxsahi.

--aarthi--

IF-Sizzlerz

--aarthi--

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 3:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ravi.

Originally posted by --aarthi--

Ar.Murugadoss comedy lam mostly nalla irukkum akka as ghajini type comedy iruntha sure ah thaaru maaru thaan... Film is a investigation type of film so something different for vijay mostly thuppaki won't disappoin anyone...

hope so ravi but im sure at some point tat i'll be the best

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dskxxxsahi.

Smiles-20

IF-Rockerz

Smiles-20

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 9:36am | IP Logged
I'm sure this movie is going to rock.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dskxxxsahi.

--Siva--

IF-Rockerz