Debate Mansion

Introvert Vs. Extrovert

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Faberica

Faberica

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Some extroverts tend to view introverts as rude, arrogant and anti-social while some introverts think extroverts to be shallow, needy and desperate.

In the Bollywood section, someone posted a topic that states an actress has a negative attitude but in reality she is an introvert.

What is your take on this?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Introvert Vs. Extrovert" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 5:38am | IP Logged
My take on this is that I'd frigging be whatever I want and that implies on that actress who people assume has an introverted nature because she does negative roles on screen. 

Personally I am a hybrid of both and I don't think it is possible for any of us to make a life for ourselves socially if we're either overly introverted or extroverted, y'know? An extreme introvert will have to learn to come outta their shells to achieve something in life. An extreme extrovert will have to learn to watch their mouth at some point.

The truth is that because everybody is different, nobody is under an obligation to take two craps from you if they dun wanna. By default some people are programmed to consider a quiet person rude and a flamboyant person, too loud. So introverts and extroverts needs to be street smart. Their natures are their assets, if you ask me. But they can also be held against them. I have nonetheless emerged as half and half. I am confident and I converse effectively but I have quite a shell for myself too, which I often slide into. That's how it works for me. (:

-Inferno-

Goldie

-Inferno-

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
In addition to what 'Savage' has saidI'd like to say that this dislike towards the opposite personality is mostly due to the lack of knowledge that they have about it. For example, I am an introvert and I have had many many people hate me for not talking enough. As absurd as it sounds, it's the truth. Now, last year I did a research on this for my psychology class and what I found was actually quite surprising. Introverts are not actually the worst communicators or the shy or reserved type but they feel that if the topic isn't worth talking about then they should keep quite. However if the topic interests them they could easily go on talking for hours. Now, that's just one of the surprising things I have learned, there are many more.
But, the point I'm trying to make is that if people actually knew what an introvert/extrovert actually was like they would not judge people and categorize them as rude or dumb etc. I think some of us should pull our heads up from the stereotype pool and go do some research.

Edited by -3raser- - 12 November 2012 at 6:29pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Heartrahmona_paksweepiphany.

Heart

Heart

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -3raser-

In addition to what 'Savage' has saidI'd like to say that this dislike towards the opposite personality is mostly due to the lack of knowledge that they have about it. For example, I am an introvert and I have had many many people hate me for not talking enough. As absurd as it sounds, it's the truth. Now, last year I did a research on this for my psychology class and what I found was actually quite surprising. Introverts are not actually the worst communicators or the shy or reserved type but they feel that if the topic isn't worth talking about then they should keep quite. However if the topic interests them they could easily go on talking for hours. Now, that's just one of the surprising things I have learned, there are many more.
But, the point I'm trying to make is that if people actually knew what an introvert/extrovert actually was like they would not judge people and categorize them as rude or dumb etc. I think some of us should pull our heads up from the stereotype pool and go do some research.

@bold: 
I completely agree with your point. 

But humans have the tendency to form an opinion about everything around them. So you can not do anything about what the other person thinks of you. The most you can do is ignore the other people and just be yourself. 
If you are an introvert does not necessarily mean that you do not talk at all. And if you are an extrovert does not mean that you are dumb or shallow. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Inferno-

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 12:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Faberica

Some extroverts tend to view introverts as rude, arrogant and anti-social while some introverts think extroverts to be shallow, needy and desperate. --
I cant say they are introverts , technicaly they r just not user-friendly.

In the Bollywood section, someone posted a topic that states an actress has a negative attitude but in reality she is an introvert.--  Kisi ne pahale kaha dha na...attitude like a underwear , don't show it , just wear it and don't get confused between personality & attitude...personality is who I am, attitude depends on who you areSmile.    

B4 we started a support group for introverts but nobody came. Ouch

Faberica

Faberica

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prometeus

Originally posted by Faberica

Some extroverts tend to view introverts as rude, arrogant and anti-social while some introverts think extroverts to be shallow, needy and desperate. --
I cant say they are introverts , technicaly they r just not user-friendly.

In the Bollywood section, someone posted a topic that states an actress has a negative attitude but in reality she is an introvert.--  Kisi ne pahale kaha dha na...attitude like a underwear , don't show it , just wear it and don't get confused between personality & attitude...personality is who I am, attitude depends on who you areSmile.    
Its easy to say but very difficult to implement it.

B4 we started a support group for introverts but nobody came. Ouch

If you search the experiences of introverts on the internet you will come to know how they are frustrated for being considered as arrogant, snob and rude.

Introverts are in minority...they find difficulty in getting empathy from the extroverts.

Heart

Heart

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 7:21am | IP Logged

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:57pm | IP Logged

As an introvert, I feel we are often misunderstood. This is a good article on the myths around introverts, I agree with most: http://jerrybrito.tumblr.com/post/6114304704/top-ten-myths-about-introverts

I can't speak for all introverts, but I don't think we all perceive extraverts as shallow, needy or desperate. Often times we will admire their energy and enthusiasm. Introversion is a minority personality trait, so introverts often get mentally exhausted or defensive under too much extravert stimuli.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Inferno--Chandramukhi-rahmona_pakswe

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.