abjbdishiuw
abjbdishiuw

IF Crazy Baby

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 12:01am | IP Logged

Karan Johar convinced Kayoze to act in 'SOTY'

Sunayana Suresh, TNN | Nov 11, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Karan Johar convinced Kayoze to act in 'SOTY'
Kayoze Irani
While Karan Johar's Student of the Year (SOTY) has earned its three protagonists — Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan — acclaim, another performer who's earned top honours from the film frat and critics is Kayoze Irani. Boman Irani's son has earned himself praise from the industry and critics on his debut. 

Quiz Kayoze on how he ended up the role and he says, "I was actually working as an assistant director to Shakun Batra for Ek Main Aur Ek Tu, which was being produced by Karan. One day, he walked up to me and said you're acting in SOTY. I was aghast as I'd never thought of myself as an actor and told Karan the same, that I don't know how to act. He just said reassuringly, 'I'm there', adding 'genes bhi kuch rahega na'." 

It is climax scene which has earned him the 'surprise element' tag. "The team wanted to play down my character even though he is the fourth most important character after Alia, Sidharth and Varun, considering Sudo is downplayed until the climax. In the scene, I abuse the character essayed by Rishi Kapoor, which was quite challenge. But, we did it in one take. When we were done, everyone on the sets came and congratulated me," says Kayoze. 

The young actor also adds that this particular scene had his father excited too. "My father was also present at Film City the day we shot it. So Karan made him see the rushes and even gave him a CD to show my mother. But, my father ended up playing that CD to everyone who visited us home too," laughs Kayoze. 

"The response has been overwhelming. Having everyone from the film industry congratulate me was a surreal experience. If I try recollecting what Mr Amitabh Bachchan had to say about me, I blank out. I was actually star struck. And when he wrote about me on his site, it felt great," adds the young actor. 
Kayoze says that the film industry is where he sees himself. "Right now, I'm assisting Shakun for a short film. If I do get interesting and challenging roles, I will surely take them up. I've enjoyed this acting experience," says he. What about a film with his dad? "We haven't discussed that as yet, but we will not sign any random film just for the USP. Though, I'd love to share space with him as he's been my idol," signs off Kayoze.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

viewobs..DamonCrazy..bambogli

bambogli IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:42am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

abjbdishiuw

viewobs Senior Member
viewobs
viewobs

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:35am | IP Logged
I actually liked him in the film.
Him and Varun Dhawan could actually act unlike the other two
MoccoLatte IF-Rockerz
MoccoLatte
MoccoLatte

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:49am | IP Logged
Poor guy didn't have much of a role! would have liked to see him more same with Sana Saeed!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top