-DKS-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
R
Will comment

tiahalder IF-Rockerz
tiahalder
tiahalder

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
a very much needed sensible post!i agree to all the points..
tvbuf IF-Sizzlerz
tvbuf
tvbuf

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Yes, I agree with your points.

I had made a few posts last week, when this story of his quitting came out - about why the rest of the cast and crew should suffer if he has decided to leave

I understand SPs decision to continue the show - its an established hit show, and Sanaya is a huge draw as well.  This is a business decision.  It is probably hard to establish new shows.

Although I want to continue seeing all the remaining cast in the show, it will be hard to digest another man in Khushi's life.  it will destroy all our sweet memories of Arshi, the VMs and the FFs we have spent out life on.  So I dont know if I will be able to continue watching IPK.

Frankly, all the other saas-bahu shows on SP are not appealing , I may end up switching channels.

If you look at the history of 4 Lions and Gul, they have made good stories

MJHT - a big hit
DMG - ran for 700+ episodes
Geet - another hit show

And it is not that IPK is the only show they are currently producing

At this time, they have on the floor :
IPK
Suvreen - Topper of teh Year
Arjun
Hamse Hai Life,and their newest
QuboolHai

I heard Sadarsh's interview with Barun myself today, and someone asked - do you add input to the script ?  And Barun said - I am ASR/Arnav 12 hours a day - so yes, I have been giving input for the past 1.5 years

And he said it will depend on the script as to when he comes back.

He also said he gets bored.  So maybe he is feeling that he needs to do something different.

He is not getting any younger.  There are very young kids getting a break in movies - see the 2 new male entries in Karan Johar's Student of the Year ?  So if Barun wants to try movies, this is the time, else it might be too late for him to get in as the main lead in movies.  All the other TV actors are doing supporting characters only.

So I think there are at least 2 reasons he is taking a break:
1. he needs a break - he looks like hell
2. he doesn't like the track being shown
3. And the 3rd - he is exploring movies, and has no chance to look at scripts and meet with people while he is shooting 12 hours a day, 28 days a month

So I agree with you about why Barun is quitting.  he does want to explore his options.

But the question that remains in my mind is - why did Deepali and Akash leave ?  Its proven that PH can handle multiple shows - so what is up with that ?

I will continue spamming all teh available e-mail and twitter ids to reques them to retain Barun in IPK, but I think now the man himself is not interested.

Please dont bash, I am expressing my opinion only

Edited:

Just saw some tweets from mishti

Mishti ?@mishti_doll

I m nt a CV or nt working on sets so stop questiong me.. As i cnt do anythng.. If it wl b in my hand, i wl nvr say Barun to leav..

So IT SEEMS BARUN WAS ASKED TO LEAVE  !!!!

We were right all along Confused

I take back my above post - he is not leaving to explore other options - he was told - your track is over

Edited by BigIPKKNDFan - 10 November 2012 at 11:46pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Tulips123soni28RickyBahlbepatientOmoraboti

peachpie Goldie
peachpie
peachpie

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Really admire your posts! Your way of putting the facts straight on the face of the fans is great! Rather than sitting back in a dejected mood with the happenings its better to face reality!
All fans here require a Reality Check! Whatever efforts we r doing to retain him in IPK or continue the show/end it is a good sign of our unity but if BS has decided & determined to take a long Break then its not in our hands! Lets face the reality.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RickyBahlrini_kat

bepatient IF-Rockerz
bepatient
bepatient

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
I was always okay with BS or any other cast member trying better offers.

No one knows what might happen in future for BS.  Let us not speculate on that.  Maybe he will get lucky and one of his movies will be a hit !!  Hope so .. I dont know him but always want to wish him the best in life.  If his bolly careers flops, I sincerely hope SP doesn't hold grudges and takes him back for another show !

What I don't understand right now is why the hell all this mess ?  Why cannot people tell a straight forward truth and face the consequences ? 

Don't you think the PH should tell the truth and say '' yes, we are sorry but Barun has opted out of IPK as he is doing a movie.  ''  They further should have discussed with channel and made Barun give a statement with his future plans.  This would have stopped thier negative image.  Now the channel, PH and Barun are all looking like big fat liars.  How does that help them ?  Why this mess ?

And Barun.. even if he is not sure of his bolly career, it is wrong and unfair to give out wrong statements to his viewers.  Afterall, if he is doing a movie later, we will get to know.  Already his image is damaged and his oral statment has made the situation even worse (if he is indeed quitting for a movie).  If he is quitting for testing his future on the big screen then it would have been much better for him and us if he had given a statement saying " yes, I am sorry but I am using one month for promoting my movie and then I am considering taking up a movie project. I cannot do all this with the busy schedule of IPK.  I will not be able to do justice to IPK and hence I am quitting. "  Won't this statement be better ?  It would have atleast made his stand clear.  Though lot of his fans would have thought he is wrong for doing this atleast he will be commended for giving out truth instead of making his fans suffer from ''' did he ... did he no..." syndrome !!!!!

What reason is there for the channel ,PH and barun to lie ( for me hiding the truth is lying) ?  I really need to know.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Tulips123peachpieRickyBahlrini_katDarkDesire12

RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ipkknd_sarun

Woww absolutely perfect post i agree wid all ur points... Barun is saying break 4 now which means he will return 2 tv if he does not work in movies... I also felt da same after reading his statement in latest TOI

ya dear

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tulips123

RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by moomin4455

You're probably right...

I'm kind of shocked at the turn of events - I shouldn't be but I am. No actor is above the channel or production house - not even someone loved worldwide. That's true even in the US - look at what Aaron spelling used to do (the male, American version of Ekta Kapoor in case anyone's wondering). Even the people he used to chuck out of prime time famous soaps came back...

You are right though - just as a corporation offers "golden handcuffs", a PH/Channel should put something in writing that reins in its staff...otherwise it creates too much uncertainty for other colleagues, forget viewers!

So you actually work as a film journalist? 

ya i used to write for mid day as film critic..

I just want to say that Indian Tv as grown  very big, and  a doing IPKKND is far better than doing a movie.
u tell me any recent movie which u can say makes u go crazy to watch again and again

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

innocentgreenrini_katspate22

trishy13 Goldie
trishy13
trishy13

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:56pm | IP Logged

I said something like this in one of my posts... That the timing of this break seems too convenient... I mean his movie is supposed to come out in jan right... So he'll be on break so he can be there for the promotion aspect of this movie and the see how it goes. If the movie doesn't do we'll he will know that perhaps he's not going to be able to succeed in the film industry the way he has in the television industry... Then I think that he'll decide what to do. If the movie is a flop, he for, sure will back on the show or on another show...

What I don't like is that if this is the case, Barun should have just everyone out right that he's ready to try his hand at Bollywood and is hence quitting the show... I'm sure fans would understand... Instead he's leading them on and I feel like that's very unfair 

Just m opinion... Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of him... I'm just stating my opinion

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Tulips123RickyBahlrini_kat

Go to top