Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: arshicritic

Weel said Tia. You convinced me to change my mind. It's going to be hard, for me Barun is ASR. the poor new guy has a tough job ahead

Let him prove himself and be a tough critic. No one said that we have to cut him slack...
Tia.0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shar1988

Absolutely agree with everything you have stated...I love this show, not jus Barun and Sanaya...and so i will be sticking to it.

About the track...how about Arshi having a daughter ...you know they could show it after the honeymoon...that after a few months of having their daughter, they die in a car accident. So Anjali takes care of both their little girl, Khushi played by Sanz and Arav, who will grow up and be Khushi's protective elder bro.

Then we can get the new lead opposite Khushi, he could be Aarav's business rival or something like tht...what say???

P.S. I want the new story to have atleast the actual offspring of Arshi ( also would love to have some scenes of ASR and Khushi with their little daughter before they show them as being killed off)...that I think would also make the audiences connect with it.

That will work as well. See? That's what I meant. I never said that we have to have some new guy as ASR. All I said is that change the storyline. Make a new one. Keep the suggestions coming. But don't close the show because of one person leaving.
lolly143 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: rima

tia sorry buddy

my turn to disagree

thse are real life instances

so life goes on

this is a fantas
one more beautiful than any other

if the show continues with sanaya as khushi's daughter
and the new man as her guy
fine

but arnav and khushi are like romeo and juliet
to be enshrined in history
and never to be spoilt for posterity

BINGO!
Tia.0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rima

tia sorry buddy

my turn to disagree

thse are real life instances

so life goes on

this is a fantas
one more beautiful than any other

if the show continues with sanaya as khushi's daughter
and the new man as her guy
fine

but arnav and khushi are like romeo and juliet
to be enshrined in history
and never to be spoilt for posterity

Agreed. I never said that spoil Arnav and Khushi's love story. Let it be there. But come up with a story track that can create a new jodi with Sanaya as either Khushi's daughter or Khushi re-born and create a new love story with our beloved characters... It's a win win situation... 

Fans who adored Arnav and Khushi can remember them as star-crossed lovers who died together. And fans who would like to continue to watch the show, will get to watch their beloved character in brand new avatar...
Manisha. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Tia I agree with every word...

But i just dont want to see a new man for Khushi...
I am ok to accept another actor as ASR. It will be difficult but I am willing to give it a shot.
If the actor can do justice and the Story line is promising I am all for it...

But please please don't kill ASR to make way for a new man.
That will be the death of IPK...

And if he is serious to come back after the break...I am ok to show a leap where the new characters played by Barun and Sanaya meet in new circumstances and we witness a love hate relationship again. That will help in bringing in some freshness as well..

Tia.0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: charlotte74

Edited.

I understand that you are trying to be positive here. Nevertheless I will just explain my POV.

You mention fairness and I would like to point out that the analogies you have mentioned are not fair themselves. School and work? Seriously?

Let me tell you that students do suffer sometimes when exams are postponed because a paper leaked or someone decided to change the syllabus that year leaving them at a disadvantage.

Sometimes employees are out of work because their boss screwed up royally (heard the great Vijay Mallya and King Fisher?)

And talking about mayor deciding to quit'.. our existing politicians are so bad we wish they would quit and put us out of our miseries actually.

So Tia what do all the above do? They buck up and carry on. That is life.

I don't think the cast and crew of IPKKND is going to suffer in case the show comes to a stop. Shows go off air now and then due to low trps. Do the viewers, PH and channel worry about them in such a scenario? I don't think so. They buck up and begin looking out for new opportunities.

You said that is practical life and not fantasy. But fantasy was created Tia. It was created to sell the show. Now the fantasy is being broken. So the opposite is likely to happen isn't  it?

Coming to KSBKBT ' it was Tulsi who made that show immortal and not Mihir. It would be nice to know what would have happened if she had left the show. Would people still rave about it? Moreover that show was about the trials and tribulations of a woman in a joint family and NOT a love story.

The right examples to quote here would be MJHT, Geet, PKYEK, BHPH, KMH --- here the lovebirds remained together in the end. That is why people remember them even now.

Having said that, if Barun had left when he went for the 40 day stint, a replacement could have been considered to play ASR because the story was half way through. However hard it might have been, everyone would have to grudgingly accept the new actor to see the story to completion. But, now that the story is complete in a sense, there is no need to shove it down anyone's throats.

While I do like your new track, I have no interest in watching it as a continuation of this story. However much I love Sanaya, I'd rather watch her in a new show with a new lead than watch her in this show.  And the reason for that is ----  we are forgetting  that the creatives have been churning out very pathetic tracks since the hate marriage. While it chugged along managed to reach it a logical conclusion I think everyone agrees that the story could have come along in a much better way. The only saving factor during all this was clearly the chemistry of Arshi that kept us glued to our seats.

We signed up for a love story and a love story either ends with a fairy tale wedding or with the lovers dying together. For anything else we have other shows like PV or BV.

Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion. I'm trying to be fair to the other cast and crew who didn't jump ship regardless of the temptation and pulled the show on their back when Barun went to make a movie. Their loyalty should not be paid by ignoring their efforts and good work.
Tia.0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Manisha.

Tia I agree with every word...

But i just dont want to see a new man for Khushi...
I am ok to accept another actor as ASR. It will be difficult but I am willing to give it a shot.
If the actor can do justice and the Story line is promising I am all for it...

But please please don't kill ASR to make way for a new man.
That will be the death of IPK...

And if he is serious to come back after the break...I am ok to show a leap where the new characters played by Barun and Sanaya meet in new circumstances and we witness a love hate relationship again. That will help in bringing in some freshness as well..

Agreed. There is no need to kill ASR. We can let the new man take over temporarily as ASR, but if Barun comes back, he can leave. It has happened before with Rohit Roy leaving Kyunki and came back again. Why not here?
Manisha. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tia.o

Agreed. There is no need to kill ASR. We can let the new man take over temporarily as ASR, but if Barun comes back, he can leave. It has happened before with Rohit Roy leaving Kyunki and came back again. Why not here?

Btw how many guys played the role of mihir...
Despite the changes in the actor the show was a hit I believe...

But I dont think we can compare that character with ASR...
LIKEDMG thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
👍🏼..y dont we support the actors who r still inloyal to us...move on.. Edited by LIKEDMG - 11 years ago
sun_shine_girl thumbnail

Originally posted by: tia.o

Hi everyone,

I'm making this post after constantly reading hundreds of mourning and crying and complaining to shut down IPK, if Barun Sobti leaves the show.

Now let's talk about fairness...

Those of you who are in school, how would you feel if, just because one of your popular classmates decided to bunk the exam, your entire class is not allowed to sit for your final exam?

Those of you who are working, how would you feel if, just because one of your popular colleague resigns, the entire department is fired from their job, including yourself?

Those of you who are homemaker, how would you feel if, just because your mayor decides to quit, your entire city funding is hacked leaving your entire city with no water, electricity and public transport?

Doesn't seem fair... is it?

Now look back and think what you are all doing to every cast and crew who are working for IPK and who never complained about their job and may even like it.

Let's think about Sanaya Irani, Utkarsha Naik, Karan Goddwani, Jayshree T...

Not to mention all those hundreds of cast and crew who work there.

If this serial shuts down today, Sanaya will be fine. Karan will be fine too. But Utkarsha and Jayshree T might get another role, but will they be as dynamic as the roles they are playing here?

And while they are still waiting for a better role to come, how will they pay the bills and how will they put food on the table? 

That's practical life, not a fantasy.

And not to mention all the extras and technicians, cast and crew who depend on this show for their daily bread will loose them because the fans don't want to see anyone else with Sanaya.

Really? Then when Barun will go make the movie with Shehnaz, how many of you are skipping it because you don't want to watch Barun with anyone else?

You call yourself Barun's fans? How do you think he will feel when he hears that his fans took away all those people's livelihood because he wanted to pursue his dreams whatever that may be.

He will feel guilty as hell because at the end of the day, you will be punishing his friends in the name of loving him.

And this quitting is not because complaint about the storyline, or track, or acting or anything worth discussing.

It's because of a face you want to see everyday. Then why don't you buy a poster of Barun and stick in your wall? Why kick on someone's belly?

So step back and think... What if whoever is brought can actually do a good job?

Remember Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi? Amar Upadhyay left the show. But then Rohit Roy came in and did such a fabulous job that for me, Rohit Roy was a much better Mihir Virani than Amar.

Why not give this show you love a chance?

Why not give Lalit Mohan a chance?

Why not give all those wonderful actors a chance to make a newbie seem the perfect fit like they did with NK?

If the actor is not up to his calibre, if the storyline sucks, if the track is bad... then by all means complaint or quit. But don't give up on our Khushi, Mamiji, Naniji and NK just because of one Arnav Singh Raizada.

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to stick by this show and give it a chance to bring whoever and fill the empty spot left with Barun's leave/leaving.

If you agree with me. Like this post and comment. I will send this to as many people as possible, so that they can continue with the show. 

I'm giving them a chance to bring back the IPK magic and if they can't for some reason, at least I'll know that I gave them a chance and not gave up on them.

DISCLAIMER:No offence to people who don't want to watch IPK without Barun and Sanaya. If you don't want to watch IPK without them, feel free to quit. After all, it's individual preferences. 

But I personally would continue watching IPK until they screw up the track/storyline/proper casting. So all I'm doing is trying to keep it going until there is a reason bigger than one actor's leaving, to dig a grave and bury it.

Thanks.

My idea for a new track: If Arnav and Khushi are killed. Aarav grows up to be just like Arnav (in looks and in everything) and somewhere Khushi is born again, we can have a brand new romantic IPK again. 

Aarav can grow up as Anjali's son and all the characters remain exactly the same. We get our IPK and Barun gets vacation. Even if he doesn't come back, some other actor can play Aarav Singh Raizada, the new ASR without taking away from Arnav Singh Raizada. 

On the other hand, the new Khushi can be named Muskaan and is a well-educated but traditional girl in love with jalebies and may be Ranveer Kapoor?

Let me know what you think about that track?

I got your point Tia, and agree with most parts, esp., about the people involved with the show. However, for most of us the USP of this show is the unique story of love and hate between Arnav and Khushi.
Anyone else playing Arnav and Khushi, will not work for me...naah.