Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nishitarao thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
You have put some wonderful points Tia. I want to give the show a fair chance too, I wish what you said could be true but the problem is, I dont trust the CVs enough to give us something worth watching. The show lost its charm long time back and it was kept afloat only because of Barun and Sanaya. 
They are like the two wheels of the show, I doubt that Sanaya alone will be able to take it forward especially if the script is not good enough. Last time it was different, fans knew that Barun would return so they held on. But this time we don't know when and if he will return. 
Ronit was the best Mihir according to me too but until he settled into the role, Smriti was able to keep the show running because the script was good. (Ekta actually took it as a challenge).. Plus the show's popularity was mostly because of Tulsi's character. Thats why when Smriti quit and Gautami took over, the show did not work and Ekta was forced to bring Smriti back.
As for the new guy, no matter how good he is, if  the script is not good enough, it will not click with the audience..
Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: mahamluvsbs

Ipkknd was beautiful bec of barun and sanaya/sarun the magical jodi ARHSI 

NOT because of 

xyz and barun
or xyz with sanaya

calling actor not up to his calibre is the joke of the century TIA  half of the people dont even knw the ugly truth and maybe will never find the real reasons too .

Barun definitely has no movie and Im not going in the discussion of y barun has been made a scapegoat  ,4RATS themselves dont want to make this show then y to make a mockery out of this awesome show ?y to drag it for 2 more months with out half of the team ?

no one wana see the reason y is the cast quitting  the writer quitting 2 cv's quitting !!!!!this is the game of dirty politics its no more about a beuatiful show 

its like asking to take out srk and half the team out of ddlj !

ipkknd is ipkknd because of barun sobti and sanaya irani along with the team !

if any one leaves the show falls

y to end the show on a note satting poor trps maybe sp kick it out 

y can't we have a decent respectful exit and a memory to cherish for life and canhave ipkknd's season 2 along iwth sarun insha-Allah.

note nooffense to any sarun lover barun fan or sanaya fan ! But i wished atleast in crisis we  could have fought this phase together!

Season 2 is possible if Barun is planning to come back. But as per Star Plus today, he isn't. Then do you want to let go of Mamiji's Hello Hi Bye Bye, NK's funny Hindi, Khushi's Jalebies and Naniji's modern day outlook with aged wisdom, because Barun decided Bollywood is the place to be? That's not fair.

I commented on Star Plus FB page, 

"In my opinion, if you can come up with a decent storyline, by all means, do continue IPK. But if there is no story, end it for the duration of Barun's leave while showing repeat telecast of old popular IPK episodes, then come back with fresh storyline (with the same casts & characters of course) for season 2. There are plenty of well-written fan fiction in India forum and elsewhere which can be used for season 2."

But if Barun has decided to quit TV industry forever, we can't hold back the rest of the people's career because of that. That's unfair.
Edited by tia.o - 11 years ago
dushturain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I want to say sth

Edit:

Tia darling, yes I agree with you and this is a much needed post ..the forums gone haywire. 

First of all, we know Barun clarified he is going on a two month break...why all this chaos saying nooo he is actually quitting making us fool try to save the ph bla bla...I mean what da hell? Barun is a human being, it is his right to take a break...we ourselves been talking how he didn't look well last few month.most importantly we should respect his decision, we should support him. Just because we love to see him doesn't mean we will push him to his death by physical exhaustion. He is not a robot and definitely not a puppet we can control by pulling his strings. 

Now about stopping and closing down the serial, here I agree with you Tia...to the extent that it wont be fair to everyone...but giving it a chance ???hmmm I think it depends may be yes or maybe not ...I understand the show must go on...but there's a but...4 lions has disappointed us sooo many times, the show been gone down hill but we still stick the show ( I know I did) only for Barun, now Barun is going for a break so let's see how the PH deals with the scenerio...

Till now we don't know how the story will go on, 

1. arnav will die ??? Good on them I won't watch it ever.
2. A new hero mr. Universe  is introduced for khushi who loves her to death and worship her like goddess...sorry I can't watch rabba vey between khushi and some random person...no can do
3. Arnav goes some where and new characters are introduced but we know arnav will be back after two months ---yes it might be given a chance
4. The role of arnav sing raizada will be played by some one else...provided Barun will be back after two months and take back his role ...hell yes I will super give it a chance...
5. Thousand other possible scenarios 

What I'm trying to say...Barun is leaving temporarily no matter what we say or do and it won't be ethical to force him to stay. At the Same time it won't be ethical to shut down the show for that reason...whether we will watch it or not depends on the story line...if we don't watch it, some other people will watch it the show must go on ...we should stop being selfish...it's time we brace ourselves some hard facts that it is after all a fictional show and we can't hv it just the way we like it forever.
Edited by dushturain - 11 years ago
Originally posted by: tia.o

Season 2 is possible if Barun is planning to come back. But as per Star Plus today, he isn't. Then do you want to let go of Mamiji's Hello Hi Bye Bye, NK's funny Hindi, Khushi's Jalebies and Naniji's modern day outlook with aged wisdom, because Barun decided Bollywood is the place to be? That's not fair.

I commented on Star Plus FB page, 

"In my opinion, if you can come up with a decent storyline, by all means, do continue IPK. But if there is no story, end it for the duration of Barun's leave while showing repeat telecast of old popular IPK episodes, then come back with fresh storyline (with the same casts & characters of course) for season 2. There are plenty of well-written fan fiction in India forum and elsewhere which can be used for season 2."

But if Barun has decided to quit TV industry forever, we can't hold back the rest of the people's career because of that. That's unfair.

4lions behavior has been so unfair...I am just appalled that they are still sending Secret Service to IF to defend their cause...
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
I agree with your stance on people losing their jobs Tia! I am just dissapointed that this story we invested so much time in not ending the way we wanted, which is with the union of ARHI for all time!

The story HAS hit it's climax! They are married after much trial and very much in love! So is this the time to seperate them? It feels wrong! I think that is why everyone is for ending the show on a high note with ARHI together! That is the dream! Arnav and Khushi was meant to spend the rest of their lives together! They were meant to have kids with each other! THAT was the story we were sold! The story of "Love Conquers All"!!

BUT from practical aspects, I guess IF the show must go on, they have to adjust the story! It is a crying shame! I will watch it for a few weeks and see where this is going and decide what I will do! But a lot of people think it is a mistake to continue this story without Arnav and Khushi!

The ONLY other thing is the REPLACE ASR! Then maybe it will be a different guy playing him, but Arnav and Khushi will STILL be together! That may be MORE palatable than a new man! BUT having said that this NEW man may actually be a more refreshing angle! IF they keep things open (Say ASR is presumed dead), then he can always come back at the end and they can end the show with ARHI reuniting! So the audience gets what they want in the end too! (I am sure SP and PH can bring Barun back for 2 weeks). NOT that impossible to do that!

Lets wait and see!
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 11 years ago
Targaryen thumbnail
Honestly, the practical side of me wants the show to continue. Those 100 people on the set shouldn't suffer because of one person.They should at least give it a try without Barun. If the TRP audience likes the new Guy and accepts him, i dont see SP ending the show.

But the emotional side of me will never be able to accept any other person playing Arnav. For me it was always Barun and Sanaya as Arnav and Khushi. I would rather preserve the old beautiful rabba ves in my memory. But still I think that we, fans should not be pressurizing the channel to shut down the show. It is unfair to Sanaya and all the other people on the set.
Blondiexzy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Agree with you why ruin a serial because of one person the other cast deserve our respect and support this show its about the cast director and everyone else so if Barun want to quit tv  and take up movie we as the audience should respect his descision and still watch the show for sanaya and the rest of the cast  please don't bash me so what if Barun quit let the show go on because I will always watch ISPKKND WITH OUR WITH OUT BARUN. 
Tia.0 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mahi122

4lions behavior has been so unfair...I am just appalled that they are still sending Secret Service to IF to defend their cause...

Excuse me? Who's secret service here?
Crazy_1001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Although I still think they can work out some sort of contract with Barun Sobti, I feel like the people involved in this did a shitty effort to retain the actors. 
Edited by Crazy_1001 - 11 years ago
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tia.o

Excuse me? Who's secret service here?

You're the president, my dear!! ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ¤£

Shreya