Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Why would you kill the character for an actor?

swatso Senior Member
swatso
swatso

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
I've read so many posts about killing Arnav if Barun Sobti leaves and my question is, why? I watch this show for the trials and tribulations for star-crossed lovers - Arnav and Khushi. It's the characters and the script that got me hooked to the show - the eye candy was just the icing on the cake Wink

There are many other shows on Indian television where the actor has left the show but the character was not killed. More importantly, the new actor did such a bang-up job that people continued to watch the show and warmed up to the new actor. 

Maybe I am a lone ranger here but I would rather that they not kill the character but find an actor who will be able to do justice to the role Smile

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

lnp11jalkukdi1shwetaptgreen_teaPyarmekshows_fangirlBarunDiwaniAmritsari.Jugnisg08MrDarcyfanbikeriderDeedeepa1xAaliyaJoseph_A

Amritsari.Jugni IF-Dazzler
Amritsari.Jugni
Amritsari.Jugni

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
lets see what we will get in future.. till then enjoy this tamasha...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

swatsonaadhira_khanJoseph_A

MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
I also agree with this to an extent! I dont want to see Khushi be forced to move on with another man! NOT when ARHI's love was SO epic!

Is it not better to just have another actor play ASR? That way whatever story they have to tell can seamlessly continue!! I would rather that, than killing ASR or having him dissapear for whatever reason!

The ONLY way this would work is if they intend to bring Barun back in the end to reunit ARHI before the show ends! (Which I am sure they can manage!). Who knows how much longer the show WILL run?

Lets wait and see!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

swatsosg08Amritsari.JugniPSharadaJoseph_AxAaliya

swatso Senior Member
swatso
swatso

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
True, if they intend on bringing Barun back, then yes, they should continue the show with another character. However, if that is not the case, then I think that the Arnav-Khushi love saga should continue.

Oh well, it looks like we are in the minority here Smile
PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

I also agree with this to an extent! I dont want to see Khushi be forced to move on with another man! NOT when ARHI's love was SO epic!

Is it not better to just have another actor play ASR? That way whatever story they have to tell can seamlessly continue!! I would rather that, than killing ASR or having him dissapear for whatever reason!

The ONLY way this would work is if they intend to bring Barun back in the end to reunit ARHI before the show ends! (Which I am sure they can manage!). Who knows how much longer the show WILL run?

Lets wait and see!

For me Arnav and Khushi are epic. If for some reason they can't hold Barun to be with them for so long, then there are 2 options.

- Take a leap and have Sanaya play the daughter of Arnav and Khushi and have the new love story. Those people who watched Arnav and Khushi would have their closure and people who want new story can stick around.

- Get the new guy to be Barun's replacement for ASR. Sure people would be angry but at least it would be Arnav that Khushi would be romancing.

There is only 2 reasons I can think of due to which the character itself is being killed.

- Barun will come back in the end and ArHi unite ( that has less than 1% chance of happening)

- the producer Gul herself doesnt want the character to live. Reason is the character of Asad in QH is exactly replica of  ASR and as long as ASR is on air people will hardly get used to Asad. (most probably this is what is happening).

This shows that the PH is not interested in having the ASR character on air. Actually other producers if the story is being stagnant go for a leap. I don't know why the 4Rats are not going in for a leap. Fandom bhi khush and everyone will move on. Looks like the off screen politics are even more murkier than that is coming out.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

manutdno1BarunDiwanibikeriderJoseph_A

bikerider IF-Sizzlerz
bikerider
bikerider

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Yes even i wish asr lives irrespective of actor.  And about gul and PH may be they want to prove that they made ASR what he is oday, agree partially true.  But then they have to know. That collective affort and not jst one person. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swatso

hydsri Goldie
hydsri
hydsri

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
let another actor play Arnav. Don't stop the show or kill the character.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swatso

BarunDiwani IF-Dazzler
BarunDiwani
BarunDiwani

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
Personally, I think Barun is irreplaceable, and ASR jus wouldn't be the same. if they decide to kill him off, it's the worst thing they can do, they will lose tons of viewers...there is way too much emotional attachment to the characters. if GUL doesn't want another ASR than jus end the show in a good manner. if they get a replacement, I don't think i can watch, I would give it a shot for Sananya's sake but don't think it would last...so sad what this ph is putting us and Barun through :(((

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

c3ciliaipkknd_hazelPSharada

Go to top