IF-Dazzler

vish.naren

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Glad to have ur answers Uma Ji...!! Embarrassed

I'm looking forward to your posts n replies here at forum!Day Dreaming

I don't know what more to ask, but lots are there to discuss! I'm sure! Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FizakUMDU

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ":Baati of the Week: _M_U? (Page 9)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 2:11am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=-SamiR-]Thanks for the answers UMDU ji! Smile If you get the chance, I would recommend the Bourne movies (especially the first two), mostly for their entertainment factor. Anyways, just a few more questions, if you don't mind: Yes I will try to watch.

Why do you think the biparty system is a good thing?
I think biparty system is good because we have suffered enough due to our multiparty system. No party gets a majority in the centre and a coalition government is formed with a cocktail of many parties. When that happens government loses its stability and can fall much before the completion of its tenure. Small parties having as low as 8 seats in the parliament blackmail the government. Decision making and governance suffers as they never seem to agree on anything.There is total administrative paralysis.In a biparty system atleast the winning party has the majority and can rule effectively during its tenure. They can take tough decisions.
             There is another problem in this system. It is not truly democratic as democracy is supposed to represent the will of the majority. In a multiparty system to give you a small example if there are 3 candidates from 3 parties contesting for a seat. Suppose 100 votes are polled A gets 40 B gets 30 and C gets 30. A will be declared the winner as he has got the maximum nos but look closely 60 people did not want A to win but he still won. So you are defying the majority concept. That will never happen in a biparty as it normally never results in a tie and is 49 to one and 51 to another .

It's unfortunate that awareness about global warming is lacking in Philippines, especially since it is one of the more vulnerable places. Do you think that developed/western countries have more of a responsibility to solve the issue of climate change? Can developing/third world countries put enough pressure on industrialized countries to change their policies?
Since you have talked about global warming I would definitely recommend you read 'State of fear' by Michel Crichton as it gives you the other perspective on the subject and has challenged the premise that carbon di oxide emissions have led to global warming. Maldives they said will go under the sea in 2015 that I do not think is likely to happen. Now they say 2032. I am beginning to question the entire theory and am going to take such predictions with a pinch of salt. Yes the developed countries have had their share of success and now should take the responsibility of cutting emissions. To put the burden on India China or Brazil is unfair as they have just started out. If third world countries start developing and acquire economic might like China they can put pressure on the developed world not otherwise.

Where do you usually get your news from (i.e. favorite news channel)?
BBC, NDTV and CNN

Rohinton Mistry! Star Did you know he is Indo-Canadian? Did you read his book, 'A fine balance'?
Yes I know that. I have read ' A fine balance'

What language do you use most at home? What language do you teach in?
We all speak a mixture of Tamil, Hindi and English at home. In the University it is only English.

Now that I know you don't believe in corporal punishment, can I officially be your student in IF, along with Vishnu Sa? 
Yes you can.

Edited by UMDU - 13 November 2012 at 4:39am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Fizak-SamiR-vish.naren

-Ayeshi-

IF-Dazzler

-Ayeshi-

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 2:22am | IP Logged
Oh... Wonderful answers of all questions...!!! Couldn't like cause like button is dead...!!!
Ok my questions...!!!

1. Arrange or love marriage?? What do you prefer most?? and why??

2. Ur marriage was arranged or love?? Embarrassed

3. Nuclear family or joint family?? Which you prefer n why?? In what   
    type you wanna see ur daughters living their life after marriage??

4. Do u ever feel the need of a son in ur life??

5. What is the thing in a person that attract you most?? Please   
    answer for both physical n non-physical...  Embarrassed

6. Which thing in a person irritate you the most?

7. Money,love or luck... Which one will you choose n why??

8. Describe yourself in three words...

9. Why in this subcontinent mostly male wants house-wives when in western country if one day husband is giving the bill he wants his wife other day to bear the cost?? I mean they prefer working n independent women???

10. Do you choose a sasural 4 your daughter where her hubby is like Suraj n MIL is like bhabo??? Why or why not??? (Forget the halwai n uneducated part)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Fizakfarhana874vish.narenUMDU-Amli-

sadhana1234

sadhana1234

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 2:23am | IP Logged
Congratulations!
Have fun umduji.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.naren-Ayeshi-UMDU-Amli-

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 3:02am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=ayeshi_101]Oh... Wonderful answers of all questions...!!! Couldn't like cause like button is dead...!!!
Ok my questions...!!!

1. Arrange or love marriage?? What do you prefer most?? and why??
Both have their pros and cons. In an arranged marriage you go into the marriage with not too many expectations  as your husband is virtually a stranger to  you. So you are more likely to have less disputes due to less expectations.Secondly in times of crisis or failure of the marriage the family will support you as they arranged the match for you. In case of love marriage the advantage of knowing your life partner is there and you know each others likes and dislikes.However that does not ensure compatibility as the expectations from each other is high. The boy friend who got you roses on every date may not be that romantic when you get married and is bogged down by pressures of work. In both type of marriages no matter how much feminism we preach the adjustment is more from the girls side as in most cases the girl goes to the boys house and not vice versa.

2. Ur marriage was arranged or love?? Embarrassed
Arranged

3. Nuclear family or joint family?? Which you prefer n why?? In what   
    type you wanna see ur daughters living their life after marriage??
I have lived in a joint family for 10 years and it has its own advantages as it provides you with a support system if you are working. Moreover if there is a financial crisis or an emotional break down you have shoulders to lean on. My daughters have now lived abroad for a long time and may not be able to adjust to a joint family setup. For them I think it has to be a nuclear family.

4. Do u ever feel the need of a son in ur life??
Never
5. What is the thing in a person that attract you most?? Please   
    answer for both physical n non-physical...  Embarrassed
I like tall and intelligent guys who have an excellent sense of humour.

6. Which thing in a person irritate you the most?
Bragging about one self.

7. Money,love or luck... Which one will you choose n why??
Luck as that will get you other two hopefully.

8. Describe yourself in three words...
Forthright, outspoken and many times blunt. 

9. Why in this subcontinent mostly male wants house-wives when in western country if one day husband is giving the bill he wants his wife other day to bear the cost?? I mean they prefer working n independent women???
In the western world the women have struggled a lot to get their independence.They got voting rights in the 20th century. Our sub continent has had a colonial past and we have been independent for just over half a century. Our familial ties are very strong. Here due to lack of dignity of labour, children are not allowed to work at an early age in hotels or malls like in the western world. The parents support them till they finish their education. Due to this children carry a moral burden to please their parents. Parents want the bahu to be subservient, the son agrees as he feels he should not hurt them. In the west due to financial independence at an early age they tend to be independent in thinking and action and mostly have nuclear families. India will change with industralization, employment opportunities in cities. migration from rural ares, break up of joint family system which will result in the advent of nuclear families.
10. Do you choose a sasural 4 your daughter where her hubby is like Suraj n MIL is like bhabo??? Why or why not??? (Forget the halwai n uneducated part)
No because my daughters who have lived all their adult life outside India will not be able to adjust and will end the marriage. They are extremely independent in their thinking and I would want them to choose their life partners

Edited by UMDU - 13 November 2012 at 11:56am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Fizak-SamiR-vish.naren-Ayeshi--Amli-

-Ayeshi-

IF-Dazzler

-Ayeshi-

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 6:58am | IP Logged
Thanks Uma aunty 4 taking ur time to answer my questions...!!!  Loved all your answers...!!! Hug Will grill you more soon...!!! Embarrassed

Fizakvish.narenUMDU-Amli-

ladyterp

ladyterp

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by UMDU

[QUOTE=-SamiR-]Thanks for the answers UMDU ji! Smile If you get the chance, I would recommend the Bourne movies (especially the first two), mostly for their entertainment factor. Anyways, just a few more questions, if you don't mind: Yes I will try to watch.

Why do you think the biparty system is a good thing?
I think biparty system is good because we have suffered enough due to our multiparty system. No party gets a majority in the centre and a coalition government is formed with a cocktail of many parties. When that happens government loses its stability and can fall much before the completion of its tenure. Small parties having as low as 8 seats in the parliament blackmail the government. Decision making and governance suffers as they never seem to agree on anything.There is total administrative paralysis.In a biparty system atleast the winning party has the majority and can rule effectively during its tenure. They can take tough decisions.
             There is another problem in this system. It is not truly democratic as democracy is supposed to represent the will of the majority. In a multiparty system to give you a small example if there are 3 candidates from 3 parties contesting for a seat. Suppose 100 votes are polled A gets 40 B gets 30 and C gets 30. A will be declared the winner as he has got the maximum nos but look closely 60 people did not want A to win but he still won. So you are defying the majority concept. That will never happen in a biparty as it normally never results in a tie and is 49 to one and 51 to another .

While it is true that US has a bi-party system predominantly, theoretically there can be more than two.  It is just that Democratic and Republican parties dominate all the time.  There is some following for Libertian party.  And anyone can run as an Independent.  If you have been following US news, the latest party to actually influence the politics quite a bit is called Tea Party. 

-SamiR-Fizakvish.naren-Ayeshi-

Fizak

Goldie

Fizak

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Great going umduji...LOved all the questions and answers tooSmile,,
U r truly my gyaan ka pitra...Hug

At present my one question

Do u believe in Destiny/Luck???

If yes, what significance it should hold in one's  life...Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post: