Diya Aur Baati Hum

:Baati of the Week: _M_U? (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 16

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=ami_dabh]@MSN:- Chalta Phirataa Encyclopedia. Clap Star Clap. I'll grill you more. I couldn't refrain myself as I'm getting answers of my quests in proper manner.Big smile. I completely agree with you regarding best n intelligent way of worship -- When we perform any action with a sense of sacredness, that becomes worship.Star. N also law of karma defined in Bhagwad gita is really misled by majority of persons. I'll shoot you PM regarding what I understood about it. Tongue

It's seems that I'm moving on your footprints only.Approve.

If Destiny is decided by birth then why we've to do so many things?Confused
World is a stage and we are all actors. God Is no doubt a director but it is not like a movie where the script is written. Here we are given situations and a mind to deal with them.So our life is not scripted as is wrongly believed by many.The mind has to predetermine what is right and what is wrong. That power of discrimination the mind has. If our mind has chosen the wrong than we have to pay for our actions be it in this birth or the next. It is similar to Newton's law of motion that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. However having said that the interpretation of right can be relative. What may appear right to you may not be the same to me. That is the puzzle I am still to solve.
Why Poverty exists? Ouch
Poverty exists due to inequitable distribution of resources
What's the antidote of ego?Day Dreaming
The antidote for ego is to stop impressing others and be your natural self.
Who's your favorite scientist?
Edison
Who's your favorite politician?
None in India
Who's your favorite sport person?
Sachin and Roger Federer
Who're your favorite actors/actresses?
Aamir Khan and Kajol
According to you, Which invention is more useful till date?Wink
The bulb
Do you believe in astrology?
Depends on my mood.

Edited by UMDU - 12 November 2012 at 3:54pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-vish.naren-Amli-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ":Baati of the Week: _M_U? (Page 8)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Amli-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Amli-

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
My Lubly MSN. Hug Heart Hug

Thank you so much to answers all my empty-headed quests in such a calm manner.Clap I not only enjoyed reading them but also learned something new which will gonna help me to take a better decisions in the future.Star

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.narenUMDU

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=Deebz]Umdu, Kudos on your great answers to all the creative grilling by the forum! You are a lovely personality in addition to being very intellectual!Star

Dabh addiction and my need for reading glasses this year which I find quite uncomfortable, have cut into my reading habits. I want to resume reading. Which 2 books are your all time favorites?  1 Fiction/ 1 non fiction?
[/QUOTE
Thank you so much for your kind words.

My all time favourites are  1. Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
                                       2. Journey to the center of the earth by Jules Verne
                                        3. Who will cry when I die by Robin S Sharma ( non fiction)

Other recommended reads are
1.Absolute power by David Baldacci

2.Memoirs of Geisha by Arthur Golden

3.Palace of illusions by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

4.Kite runner and A thousand splendied suns both books by Khaled Hosseini

5.Two states by Chetan Bhagat.

6.Such a long journey by Rohinton Mistry

7.Michel Crichton's State of fear

8.Half the sky by Nicholas D Kristof and Sheryl Wu Dunn ( non fiction)

9.No easy day by Mark Owen

10 all books by Jaishree Mishra and Manju Kapur.

Edited by UMDU - 12 November 2012 at 5:55pm

Deebz-SamiR-vish.naren

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ami_dabh

My Lubly MSN. Hug Heart Hug

Thank you so much to answers all my empty-headed quests in such a calm manner.Clap I not only enjoyed reading them but also learned something new which will gonna help me to take a better decisions in the future.Star

Your quests are not empty headed. Curiosity helps us to clear our thoughts and broadens our vision. I am happy I could be of some use.

vish.naren-Amli-

MisscoolEyes

Goldie

MisscoolEyes

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:35pm | IP Logged
Uma Aunty.Thanks for such lovely answers to my questions and all other questions here! I am amazed by the wide array of your intellect!! It's been an absolute pleasure to read all your answers!Big smileHug

I specially loved the info you gave about TN,Delhi and Phillipines. Big smile

vish.naren-Amli-

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MisscoolEyes

Uma Aunty.Thanks for such lovely answers to my questions and all other questions here! I am amazed by the wide array of your intellect!! It's been an absolute pleasure to read all your answers!Big smileHug

I specially loved the info you gave about TN,Delhi and Phillipines. Big smile
Thank you so much. It is a pleasure because my profession  basically deals with sharing of knowledge

Two more for you

1.In the Scindia family. the royal family of Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, no man  lives to reach 60 and they may have many daughters but  only one son is born to them .A saint is supposed to have cursed the family. The heir apparent  Jyothiraditya Scindia is the Union minister of state for power  and is 41.

2.In the Wodeyar family, the royal family of Mysore every second generation is childless due to curse. 

Edited by UMDU - 12 November 2012 at 10:11pm

MisscoolEyes-SamiR-vish.naren

-Ramya-

Viewbie

-Ramya-

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Congrats Party

vish.narenUMDU

-SamiR-

Goldie

-SamiR-

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Thanks for the answers UMDU ji! Smile If you get the chance, I would recommend the Bourne movies (especially the first two), mostly for their entertainment factor. Anyways, just a few more questions, if you don't mind:

Why do you think the biparty system is a good thing?

It's unfortunate that awareness about global warming is lacking in Philippines, especially since it is one of the more vulnerable places. Do you think that developed/western countries have more of a responsibility to solve the issue of climate change? Can developing/third world countries put enough pressure on industrialized countries to change their policies?

Where do you usually get your news from (i.e. favorite news channel)?

Rohinton Mistry! Star Did you know he is Indo-Canadian? Did you read his book, 'A fine balance'?

What language do you use most at home? What language do you teach in?

Now that I know you don't believe in corporal punishment, can I officially be your student in IF, along with Vishnu Sa? Day Dreaming

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.naren

Post Reply New Post

Go to top