Page 7 of 16

Duggukede

Coolbie

Duggukede

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by UMDU

Originally posted by Virman05

CongratsParty

Here are some questions... ( Sorry If you don't like them)

Favourite Word- LOVE

Favourite Colour -purple

What Do You Like About DABH? -Supportive husband concept

Favourite Food-Rajma chawal
Nice I will be back with some more questions soonLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.naren

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ":Baati of the Week: _M_U? (Page 7)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-SamiR-

Goldie

-SamiR-

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:31am | IP Logged
UMDU ji ... I'm really loving the questions and answers! Thumbs Up

Here's some stuff I'm curious about:

Have you watched the Bourne movies? If so, how were they compared to the novels?

Do you watch movies? If so, what is your favorite genre (if you choose romance, please mention your second favorite genre Wink)

What is the primary thing Indian democracy should learn from U.S. democracy? (by democracy, I mean the entire democratic setup; the politics of it all)

What is the primary thing U.S. democracy should learn from Indian democracy?

Nationalization or privatization (via foreign investment), when it comes to Indian resources?

Is there enough awareness of global warming in the Philippines?

Have you visited India after coming to the Philippines? If so, when was the last time, and what was the biggest change you noticed?

What subject is your educational background in? (i.e. political sciences, english literature, life sciences, etc.)

What do you have more knowledge/interest in: neuroscience or quantum physics?

As you are a romantic (educated guess), what is love? Does it exist (i.e. as a feeling on its own, or is it a cocktail of feelings)? How can you prove it? Confused

As a teacher, how would you deal with a rude and disruptive student? (I guess what I'm trying to ask is, Is corporal punishment allowed in the Philippines and have you ever used it? LOL)

Looking forward to the answers Day Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.narenUMDU

Duggukede

Coolbie

Duggukede

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:44am | IP Logged

I am back with some more questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!WinkWink Sooo...

What is your nickname?

What are your childrens names?

What does the word Love mean to you?

I will be watiting for the answers!!!!!!Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.narenUMDUSAIBALROUTH

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 2:41pm | IP Logged

I am back with some more questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!WinkWink Sooo...

What is your nickname?
I do not have one.

What are your childrens names?
Sangeeta and Kavita

What does the word Love mean to you?
Sacrifice

I will be watiting for the answers!!!!!!Big smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Duggukede-SamiR-vish.narenSAIBALROUTH

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=-SamiR-]UMDU ji ... I'm really loving the questions and answers! Thumbs Up

Here's some stuff I'm curious about:

Have you watched the Bourne movies? If so, how were they compared to the novels?
No, I have not so cannot compare.

Do you watch movies? If so, what is your favorite genre (if you choose romance, please mention your second favorite genre Wink
Yes I do watch movies. Apart from romance,movies which highlighten social evils, advocate woman's rights or have a lot of drama in them interest me. Even movies which compel me to think like recently I watched a Hindi movie 'Oh my God' which I really liked.

What is the primary thing Indian democracy should learn from U.S. democracy? (by democracy, I mean the entire democratic setup; the politics of it all)
I would say their biparty system, their sense of accountability, their sincere attempt to govern, the idea of presidential debates ( in the Indian context PM) are a few things I would like to see India emulate.

What is the primary thing U.S. democracy should learn from Indian democracy?
Nothing as far as democracy is concerned but definitely the gun control laws and right to abortion are things they can learn from India.
Nationalization or privatization (via foreign investment), when it comes to Indian resources?
Privatization with checks and balances in place.
Is there enough awareness of global warming in the Philippines?
Not much.
Have you visited India after coming to the Philippines? If so, when was the last time, and what was the biggest change you noticed?
I go there every year. I went there in August this year.
What subject is your educational background in? (i.e. political sciences, english literature, life sciences, etc.) Political dynamics and international relations.( History and Political Science)

What do you have more knowledge/interest in: neuroscience or quantum physics?
No, I am not a science student.
As you are a romantic (educated guess), what is love? Does it exist (i.e. as a feeling on its own, or is it a cocktail of feelings)? How can you prove it? Confused 
Love is what makes life worth living.It gives you a kind of positivity and a sense of  well being. Love is accepting someone the way they are and believing in them and caring for them.  I cannot prove it as one has to experience it oneself. Atleast in my case I found the love of my life in my husband.

As a teacher, how would you deal with a rude and disruptive student? (I guess what I'm trying to ask is, Is corporal punishment allowed in the Philippines and have you ever used it? LOL)
I do not believe in physical violence and have a firm belief in counselling as a tool to make disruptive students understand. I have never ever lifted a finger against either my daughters or my students. Corporal punishment is banned in schools and colleges here but is not strictly enforced. Domestic violence is very common here.

Edited by UMDU - 12 November 2012 at 9:14pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ladyterp-SamiR-vish.narenSAIBALROUTH-Amli-

Duggukede

Coolbie

Duggukede

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by UMDU

<p align="left"><font color="#9900cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am back with some more questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!WinkWinkSooo...</font></p>
<div align="center"><font color="#9900cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">What is your nickname?</font></div><div align="center"><font color="#9900cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I do not have one.</font></div>
<div align="center"><font color="#9900cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></em></font></div>
<div align="center"><font color="#9900cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">What are your childrens names?</font></div><div align="center"><font color="#9900cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sangeeta and Kavita</font></div>
<div align="center"><font color="#9900cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font></div>
<div align="center"><font color="#9900cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">What does the word Love mean to you?</font></div><div align="center"><font color="#9900cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sacrifice</font></div><div align="center"><font color="#9900cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
</font></div>
<div align="center"><font color="#9900cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font></div>
<div align="center"><font color="#9900cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><em>I will be watiting for the answers!!!!!!Big smile
</font></div>

Your kids names are really nice!!!_ Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.narenUMDU

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=wish.naren]Wow...!! 

Uma Ji, ur such a nice, awww personality!Embarrassed

I always wants so much time to interpret things!Sleepy I take so much time to understand and define etc,Unhappy only scientific things in biology connects logically in my brainGeek , else somethings in Fine Art and related...!! Day Dreaming

Glad to have your so in deep sharing of details to us! Embarrassed that too in such an open forum!ShockedEmbarrassed So much  for trusting us! Star

Lets come to the Questions,...!Embarrassed I might go a little more in personally and geeky!! Big smile

GK stuffs...!!

# If given a chance to visit a personality who u would choose ?
Mahatma Gandhi as I have quite a few questions to ask him.

# if u were given the chance be one real life character! ur choice?
Martin Luther King

# a fantasy novel that captivated you?
I do not read fantasy novels

# do you like the idea spread in the story lines of Lord of the Rings? and related by Tolkein?
Have not read it.

# what is so wrong about politics?
In the Indian context corruption.

# do you think / consider any political person India as a clean figure?
No, as to enter politics, you have to become corrupt to get election funding, which in India is not transparent.

#how do you find time for reading?
We are only two of us. My children are in US studying. I have all the time in the world.

DABH...!!

# name the character that made u laugh the most?
Meena at times. Yesterday I did laugh at her.
# given a chance to be Bhabho, what would be your most awaiting dialogue(s) to us? 
He mhara ramji karam phootgaye maro.
# do you watch any other Indian shows?
No this is my first serial

# what you wish the Indian shows should focus on?
Social evils with a romantic backdrop.

Personal...!!

# will you accept me as ur disciple and give me tips here and there...? Smile
Of course

# I welcome u to consider me as ur son?Day Dreaming (don't say no, leave it blank if its so..., Embarrassed)

# the most quality that u expect in your kid?
Honesty
# my mother is also a teacher! which are your subjects!!
Political dynamics and international relations

# do you think parenting and teaching are the two toughest jobs?
Yes they are but at the end of the day they are also the most rewarding as they get you a lot of love and affection.
# do you consider relationship before marriage as a sin/crime?
It is ok technically, but in the Indian context if there is a child and  the relationship does not work out than the child will be subject to a lot of taunts through out life. The girl also may not find it easy to find a partner after the breakup as our society does not take kindly to such acts. However if you are aware of ground realities and still want to do it I have nothing to say.
# your comment on equality of males in bringing up the child?
Since the woman carries the baby in her womb for 9 months , once the baby is out parenting responsibility should be shared. I have been lucky in that respect as my husband has always contributed equally to the household work .

Edited by UMDU - 12 November 2012 at 3:59pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-vish.narenSAIBALROUTH-Amli-

Deebz

Goldie

Deebz

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Umdu, Kudos on your great answers to all the creative grilling by the forum! You are a lovely personality in addition to being very intellectual!Star

Dabh addiction and my need for reading glasses this year which I find quite uncomfortable, have cut into my reading habits. I want to resume reading. Which 2 books are your all time favorites?  1 Fiction/ 1 non fiction?

Edited by Deebz - 12 November 2012 at 4:01pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.narenUMDU-Amli-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top