Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

:Baati of the Week: _M_U? (Page 14)

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Saibalrouth

1)How to say no to a dear person whom you do not want to disappoint but you don't feel like doing the work he/she wants you to do?
You will have to put it gently to him. He or she may be disappointed but it is better to tell the truth than to make excuses like I have to go somewhere or my mother is not well or I am not feeling well as sometimes lies back fire on us and we lose credibility. That person will have more respect for you if you are truthful. Explain to him calmly why because of following reasons you cannot help him.Even than if he gets terribly upset  he will get over it in due time.Never lie as it gets you into more trouble.

2) Suddenly a relative and his/her little kid comes to visit your house. You have important documents lying around and you see the kid destroying/trying to destroy those. The relative is sensitive and will think bad if yo scold the kid outright there. What is your reaction?
Go gently to the child.Talk softly and try to take the paper away from him. No need to show your irritation openly. As far as possible do not leave important documents within a child's reach.Keep it up. If you have forgotten than you have to gently wean away the child.Your blood may be boiling but don't show it on your face.These things can be very sensitive and can spoil your relations with the family.

3) You are amidst a row of beggars near a temple or heritage site, they all are asking for money and what you will do?
I do not normally give money to beggars. On special days like birthdays etc I feed the poor but never money. You have to be very firm.If you give to one 100s will appear.If you don't encourage
they will go away.
4) How will you provide a calming influence to a hot-headed person?
Never argue with them when they are in the peak of their temper.Talk to them when they are calm.Do not get intimidated when they raise their voice.Make them see reason when they are in a happy mood. If that does not help than go for Yoga or Vippasana meditation which I have heard is very effective for anger management. Kiran Bedi introduced it in Tihar Jail for prisoners when she was incharge.

5) How to understand the difference between Flattery and genuine appreciation?
Very difficult because if the person praising you wants you to do something for him than you will always be suspicious whether it is genuine appreciation or flattery. Even if he is sincerely complimenting you, you will take it with a pinch of salt. Very Very difficult to distinguish.

Edited by UMDU - 14 November 2012 at 4:02pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.naren-Ayeshi-SAIBALROUTH

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=Superman.]La la, more questions Dancing

Do you have brown eyes?
No black.
Do you like to read?
Yes a lot.
Your favorite Bollywood film?
DDLJ
Someone you can't live without?
My husband and kids.
Your most special thing?
My husband
Shoe size?
If you're wearing socks right now, what color are they?
Black
Where do you live?
Manila,Philippines.
Favorite animal?
Deer
Do you like kebab and naan together?
Naan only of different flavours, no kebab
What do you like to eat with your kebab?
I do not like kebabs.
Do you like ketchup?
Yes
Favorite song?
Beautiful soul.

Edited by UMDU - 14 November 2012 at 4:10pm

Deebz IF-Dazzler
Deebz
Deebz

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Must warn you Nisha and Umdu, Judith McNaught is a just a notch or 2 above Mills and Boon too. But all my romantic friends have bought her books to keep LOL 

Nisha I love children's books. Heidi is my fav too as are all the Annes. Still have my childhood copies of Enid Blyton which even my kids have read. St. Clares, Malory towers and the Five series etc. Don't mind  re- reading any of those.

Edited by Deebz - 14 November 2012 at 4:43pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

navyaalex8vish.naren-Ayeshi-UMDUSAIBALROUTH

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=ayeshi_101]Uma aunty... Regarding Ram...I have always this confusion that he did so much to bring back his wife (I am not Hindu but I read easy version of Ramayan once when I was in school, I have forgotten mostly though) but when finally he got her why he sent her away, this really surprised me...!!!

Why is the people of country's concern at all that queen is innocent by character or not??? Isn't this a matter regarding Ram Sita's personal life??

If he was the king, he could take any decision, so why support those r wrong instead of the person (Sita) he believed??

He wanted to give up his throne cause his parents demanded it, but at the moment when poeple were asking 4 the proof of Sita's innocence, couldn't he give up his throne to protect her???

Sorry my knowledge regarding Ramyan is very limited...!!! Correct me if I am wrong about anything pls..!!! Embarrassed

When Rama agreed to go to the forest he was not the king of Ayodhya but the son of  king Dashrath. He fulfilled  the duty of a son towards his father and agreed to go to the forests for 14 years.Here while sending away Sita the thought behind it is of a ruler being above suspicion. He is the king now and in his list of priorities the Raj dharma of a king is more important than his duty as a husband.As a king his duty first is towards his subjects and if he loses credibility before them than he cannot rule.  Rama in this avatar does not know he is god incarnate as his purpose of birth  was to kill Ravana who had got a boon that he could not be be killed by divine beings and only be killed by a  human, while in Krishna avatar he knows he is divine. That is why here he behaves like an ordinary human being. I have already stated I do not approve of this behaviour.

Please see my detailed reply to JAM's post.

Edited by UMDU - 14 November 2012 at 7:51pm

Brahmaputra IF-Sizzlerz
Brahmaputra
Brahmaputra

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 6:27pm | IP Logged
uma ji congratulations. I was having exams so I'm late... I shall return with hathodas once I complete reading. Take care.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.naren-Ayeshi-UMDUSAIBALROUTH

Brahmaputra IF-Sizzlerz
Brahmaputra
Brahmaputra

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 6:38pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vish.naren-Ayeshi-UMDUSAIBALROUTH

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU