India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

:Baati of the Week: _M_U? (Page 12)

.Ami. IF-Sizzlerz
.Ami.
.Ami.

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 3:18am | IP Logged
@Samah:- Senior aunties read very serious books.Disapprove. I'm still in the IF-KID club. It'll take time for me to join "aunty club".

Because, I'm still reading stories of Birbal, Harry Puttar, Panchtantra, Fairy tales and Allahdin. Day Dreaming

No idea about this international authors n their written books..Wacko..Bouncer chala gaya.Pinch.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

navyaalex8vish.naren

SwerveBae IF-Sizzlerz
SwerveBae
SwerveBae

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 3:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ami_dabh

@Samah:- Senior aunties read very serious books.Disapprove. I'm still in the IF-KID club. It'll take time for me to join "aunty club".

Because, I'm still reading stories of Birbal, Harry Puttar, Panchtantra, Fairy tales and Allahdin. Day Dreaming

No idea about this international authors n their written books..Wacko..Bouncer chala gaya.Pinch.

If you read books, you're in that level over IF-kid Shocked
I make my sister or mom read out loud for me Day Dreaming

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

navyaalex8vish.naren.Ami.

Priya_990 Goldie
Priya_990
Priya_990

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:37am | IP Logged
Congratulations Umaji

vish.narenUMDUSAIBALROUTH

Priya_990 Goldie
Priya_990
Priya_990

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:48am | IP Logged
I have two questions as of now...
1)What is your stand on Ram Jethmalni's remark that Ram is a bad husband?
2)Do you miss India?

vish.narenUMDUSAIBALROUTH

SAIBALROUTH IF-Sizzlerz
SAIBALROUTH
SAIBALROUTH

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 5:19am | IP Logged
Uma Ji, nice answers to all questions Clap
Some questions:

1)How do you feel about the book--"Five point someone" by Chetan Bhagat? Or "3 mistakes of my life"? Have you read them?

2)Have you read Dan Brown's novels? Which one is the best according to you?

3) What's your all time favorite movie?

4) What is the one song which you never forget?

5) Do you prefer to have this view that had Netaji stayed on in Indian National Congress, we could have got independence much before?

6) Which dish your favorite?

7) Do you think addiction for something is good or bad? How to overcome bad addictions ?

8) How can one overcome laziness according to you?

9) How can one increase concentration according to you?

10) Suggest some good suspense/thriller books for me

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

navyaalex8Priya_990UMDUvish.naren-Ayeshi-

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 5:34am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=Priya_990]I have two questions as of now...
1)What is your stand on Ram Jethmalni's remark that Ram is a bad husband?
Thank you for your good wishes. I will give you two versions. What our texts say and what I feel about the subject.Ram had to decide between two dharmas one of the ruler which compelled him to send away his wife to satisfy his subjects and the other the duty of a husband to protect his wife.If he chooses the former he sets an example for his subjects by following the Raj dharma and if he chooses the latter than he comes under a lot of criticism .He does not suspect his wife and knows she is pure but to satisfy his subjects he sends her away.  This is not the first time Ram has been unfair.The killing of Valli treacherously to help Sugreeva was also wrong. Even though I will get a lot of brick bats for saying this but  I fully support Ram Jethmalani's statement. To send away your wife to the forest on a washerman's statement I feel was wrong and his children also pointed it out to him in the later stage.When one marries wife's security and upkeep is the responsibility  of the husband and in that he failed.
2)Do you miss India?

Not much as I keep going there. We will be posted back after 4 yrs.We have a huge Indian community here.All festivals are celebrated with pomp and show. So you don't miss much.

Edited by UMDU - 14 November 2012 at 6:51pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Priya_990vish.naren-Ayeshi-SAIBALROUTH

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 6:22am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=SAIBALROUTH]Uma Ji, nice answers to all questions Clap
Some questions:

1)How do you feel about the book--"Five point someone" by Chetan Bhagat? Or "3 mistakes of my life"? Have you read them?
I have read all his books and I found' Two states' to be the best. Five point someone was good. I did not like 3 mistakes of my life.

2)Have you read Dan Brown's novels? Which one is the best according to you?
Yes I have read all his books.The best were The Da Vinci Code and Angels and demons.  Digital Fortress and Deception point were ok.  I just could not relate to Lost Symbol.

3) What's your all time favorite movie?
DDLJ and Roman holiday.

4) What is the one song which you never forget?
Chaha to bahut na chahe tumhe...in Hindi and Beautiful soul in English

5) Do you prefer to have this view that had Netaji stayed on in Indian National Congress, we could have got independence much before?
No I do not think so as I feel we got our independence only due to the Second World War weakening the western powers and the victory of Labour party in the elections in Britain., coupled with the pressures from Congress. .Netaji no doubt contributed but did not have an all India persona to make that level of impact.

6) Which dish your favorite?
Rajma chawal
7) Do you think addiction for something is good or bad? How to overcome bad addictions ?
I can't guide you on that as I am myself addicted to IF and DABH. It will be hypocritical if I advice you.
8) How can one overcome laziness according to you?
1. Write down tasks in the beginning .
2.  Paste it some where you can see.It should have the goals you seek to achieve
3. Get going.
4. Don't get disheartened if you fail initially.Make your resolve stronger.
5. Never give up on yourself.
6. Reward yourself when you achieve something.
7.Time to time sit back and reassess how much you have achieved and how much more needs to be done.
8. Have a TV time and computer time.Stick to that.No matter how interesting just switch it off and leave.
9.Go for walks alone to clear your mind and set your goals firmly.  It is a mind game so you have to self discipline yourself.
9) How can one increase concentration according to you?
By playing small games like identify the odd one out (the ones  you get in reasoning tests) or the ones in which you have to find out the difference between two pictures or saying the spellings the opposite way. It makes your brain exercise and work sharper.

10) Suggest some good suspense/thriller books for me
Erle Stanley Gardener , Agatha Christie , ,Alistair Mclean, Desmond Bagley  books will give you a life time of suspense and thrill. I also like Robert Ludlum but they are exhaustive and it  takes time to read.

Edited by UMDU - 14 November 2012 at 5:44pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

navyaalex8Priya_990vish.naren-Ayeshi-SAIBALROUTH

SAIBALROUTH IF-Sizzlerz
SAIBALROUTH
SAIBALROUTH

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Wow, nice answers to all my quests/doubts. I especially loved the way you put in a detailed step-by-step guide to overcome laziness which will be really important for me. Moreover, the method to increase concentration is also superb.

Nice suggestions of books.

Some more questions/doubts

1)How to say no to a dear person whom you do not want to disappoint but you don't feel like doing the work he/she wants you to do?

2) Suddenly a relative and his/her little kid comes to visit your house. You have important documents lying around and you see the kid destroying/trying to destroy those. The relative is sensitive and will think bad if yo scold the kid outright there. What is your reaction?

3) You are amidst a row of beggars near a temple or heritage site, they all are asking for money and what you will do?

4) How will you provide a calming influence to a hot-headed person?

5) How to understand the difference between Flattery and genuine appreciation?

navyaalex8vish.naren.Ami.

Go to top