Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

:Baati of the Week: _M_U? (Page 11)

.Ami. IF-Sizzlerz
.Ami.
.Ami.

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
Knock! Knock! Senior Gang. Evil Smile

I've read 'The Awakening'. Disapprove Anyone of you've read it or not? Day Dreaming.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

navyaalex8vish.narenSwerveBae

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ami_dabh

I've read 'The Awakening'. Disapprove Anyone of you've read it or not? Day Dreaming.

Yes I have read Kate Chopin's' The awakening'

navyaalex8vish.naren.Ami.

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by navyaalex8

Congrats on being baati of the week UMDU! Enjoy your week!Smile

Cool questions n answers! I've just read your booklist... I must confess I'm guilty of skip-reading than reading-reading most of them cos I'm easily distracted Big smile Even the Bourne ones because the movies were excellent ! But Ludlum's Hunt for Red October is a firm fave... Is Pride and Prejudice/ Jane Eyre not on your list or does it automatically go on everyone's ( Ok, every female's) list?WinkLOL

BTW have you watched "The West Wing"? Fab drama on US politics, even if it was just fiction...
 I have read Hunt for  Red October by Tom Clancy , it is not a Ludlum written book  but I found the Bourne books better. I somehow like Ludlum's style.  I am also a big fan of Jane Austen and have read all her books but I mentioned Jules Verne because I found the idea of going into the earth through a volcano very novel. That is why I mentioned the book. The other books in the list were what I read in the last 5 years. Jane Austen was during my college days. No I have not watched West Wing. Since you mentioned it I will watch it.

Edited by UMDU - 14 November 2012 at 12:49am

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladyterp

Congrats on being baati of the week UMDU! Enjoy your week!SmileIs Pride and Prejudice/ Jane Eyre not on your list or does it automatically go on everyone's ( Ok, every female's) list?WinkLOL

On every romantic person's list.  Pride and Prejudice comes for free on Kindle.  I recently read that in one sitting on a 9-hr plane ride, came home and read it again twice.  My husband thought I am crazy.  I would like to believe that I was more interested in the writing style than the romance.  But check out the movie version of it with Keira Knightly.  It is pretty good as well.

Yes I have read all the Jane Austen books during my college days. I have also seen the movie starring Keira Knightly. I also liked the movie a lot.

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Deebz

Originally posted by ladyterp

Congrats on being baati of the week UMDU! Enjoy your week!SmileIs Pride and Prejudice/ Jane Eyre not on your list or does it automatically go on everyone's ( Ok, every female's) list?WinkLOL

On every romantic person's list.  Pride and Prejudice comes for free on Kindle.  I recently read that in one sitting on a 9-hr plane ride, came home and read it again twice.  My husband thought I am crazy.  I would like to believe that I was more interested in the writing style than the romance.  But check out the movie version of it with Keira Knightly.  It is pretty good as well.

My daughter and I are Jane Austen fans.As for the video, BBC mini series version of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth is amazing. The dvd is a best buy but available on youtube as well.
Since you are also a romantic like me I strongly recommend you read Palace of illusions by Chitra Devakaruni as it gives you a totally different picture of Mahabharat from the eyes of Draupadi and her infatuation towards Karna. It is not a typical Mahabharat but you will like it. There is another book Rani by Jaishree Mishra  which is about romance between Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi and the British resident stationed there. Both the books are on romance but not the typical girl meets boy and falls in love kind. These books have taken historical figures and inserted the romance quotient. If you ever get the time don't miss these two. I am also an Austen fan but have read most during college days. I have however not watched the BBC series.Will try to get my hand on it.

Edited by UMDU - 14 November 2012 at 1:00am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

navyaalex8Deebzvish.naren.Ami.

Deebz IF-Dazzler
Deebz
Deebz

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:02am | IP Logged
Thanks Uma. Yes, I have read the Palace of illusions and a few others by Chitra Banerjee.It was very good but compared to a very powerful kannada novel Parva by SL Bhairappa on similar lines fell a bit short. I liked her Sister of my heart a lot though. 

I have read a few on your list, The ones by Husseini and Bhagat. The other two Mishra and Kapoor are new to me. Definitely will look up their books including Raani. Thanks. Of Dumas, an abridged version of the three musketeers used to be a favorite in my teens. Among the classics, Apart from Jane Austen, my favs are Anna Karenina and Gone With the wind.

If you like regency romances, you may want to check out Judith Mcnaught. I(You may have already) I  would start with Whitney my Love. Some of her others - Something wonderful & Paradise are good too. Not very thought provoking but good writing style, easy read.

Edited by Deebz - 14 November 2012 at 2:02am

SwerveBae IF-Sizzlerz
SwerveBae
SwerveBae

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ami_dabh

Ami, you're also in senior gang soon Approve then you can join me and the rest aunties Dancing

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Deebz

Thanks Uma. Yes, I have read the Palace of illusions and a few others by Chitra Banerjee.It was very good but compared to a very powerful kannada novel Parva by SL Bhairappa on similar lines fell a bit short. I liked her Sister of my heart a lot though. 

I have read a few on your list, The ones by Husseini and Bhagat. The other two Mishra and Kapoor are new to me. Definitely will look up their books including Raani. Thanks. Of Dumas, an abridged version of the three musketeers used to be a favorite in my teens. Among the classics, Apart from Jane Austen, my favs are Anna Karenina and Gone With the wind.

If you like regency romances, you may want to check out Judith Mcnaught. I(You may have already) I  would start with Whitney my Love. Some of her others - Something wonderful & Paradise are good too. Not very thought provoking but good writing style, easy read.
No I haven't read Judith Mcnaught's books. Good you told me. I will definitely get them and read. Thank you so much for telling me. I am not a kannadiga so could not compare. Sister of my heart was good. I agree.

Go to top