Diya Aur Baati Hum

:Baati of the Week: _M_U? - Page 12

Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
umdu ji, I m totally satisfied with your answer. Maturity doesnt come with age, I believe. But you're one among the most elder and matured I've seen so far. Here is my grilling session.

1. we say "the God only is the eternal and there is noting next to him as he only exists in this world forever and everything takes birth and goes back to him". And also we do belive in Satan, devils, demons etc...many people claim when there is a positive, there should be an equal negative and also there are two equal sides of the same coin.. My question is when we say the God only is the one and eternal, how can there be another with or equal to him?

2. Let us consider there is only one, the God as said in our religious books. Then who is satan or evil or the bad? Is he also the God or is that our mistake?

3. The basic of Hinduism is Vedas. Since they contain the ultimate knowledge, we are supposed to follow what is told in them. My question is Devi Parvati is neither mentioned nor accepted anywhere in Vedas where as they hail Lakshmi, Saraswati, Brahma, Shiva, Vishnu. Then why do Hindus consider her as the supreme or at a higher status than Lakshmi and Saraswati, even saying she only is Aadi Shakti? Only because she got married to Shiva doent seem an acceptable reason for that.

I'm so sorry if I asked the wrong questions. Consider this only as my ignorance and forgive in that case. Im just curious to know.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Ayeshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Uma aunty n JAM clearing my confusions...!!! I read Ramyan when I was very young...!!! From a book called Ramayan for children...!!! More than other politics it was a romantic story for me...!!! As I forgttoten most of the part but what I remember is Ram needed to go through many hurdles for finding Sita... If I am not wrong he didn't even know where she was...!!! Actually I enjoyed the whole story n I dont remember reading the part where Ram sent her away again...!!! It came to my mind when I saw a movie called lajja where Madhuri was playing Sita n disagreeing to jump in agni cause she thought she doesn't need to give any pariksha to prove her innocence...!!! Then I searched net n find the story of Sita where Ram sent her away again n I felt terrible cause after so many thing Ram did for her... They couldn't live happily ever after...!!! πŸ˜’ I felt like is it the same Ram...!!! 😲

BTW my only intention was to clarify my doubts...!!! Hope one one took my questionings in a wrong way...!!! And there is no better teacher than UMDU aunty...!!! πŸ€—
Priya_990 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the pm Umaji and for the detailed explaination though i couldn't agree with everything what you said.
Ram is the greatest king and husband in my pov.😊
Duggukede thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: UMDU

Virman

What is your favourite books and why?πŸ˜›
My all time favourite is 'Gone with the wind' by Margaret Mitchell.I am a die hard romantic so I like such books.

Do you like reading poems and can you write 
No I am not too much into poetry reading. I do not write poems.I lack the creativity and imagination required for it.

The poems bit I agree I am not a poem reader or writerπŸ˜ƒ I haven't read your favourite book yet I will read it as you reccomand it to meπŸ˜ƒ
UMDU thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Priya_990

Thanks for the pm Umaji and for the detailed explaination though i couldn't agree with everything what you said.
Ram is the greatest king and husband in my pov.😊

Happy to know you read the pros and cons.As I was preoccupied with something could not give you a detailed account earlier. It's ok if you have a different take on things.I being a feminist in my leanings tend to bend towards the proJethmalani group.
UMDU thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ayeshi_101

Thanks Uma aunty n JAM clearing my confusions...!!! I read Ramyan when I was very young...!!! From a book called Ramayan for children...!!! More than other politics it was a romantic story for me...!!! As I forgttoten most of the part but what I remember is Ram needed to go through many hurdles for finding Sita... If I am not wrong he didn't even know where she was...!!! Actually I enjoyed the whole story n I dont remember reading the part where Ram sent her away again...!!! It came to my mind when I saw a movie called lajja where Madhuri was playing Sita n disagreeing to jump in agni cause she thought she doesn't need to give any pariksha to prove her innocence...!!! Then I searched net n find the story of Sita where Ram sent her away again n I felt terrible cause after so many thing Ram did for her... They couldn't live happily ever after...!!! πŸ˜’ I felt like is it the same Ram...!!! 😲

BTW my only intention was to clarify my doubts...!!! Hope one one took my questionings in a wrong way...!!! And there is no better teacher than UMDU aunty...!!! πŸ€—

Happy to know your doubts got cleared. Never feel guilty for asking any question as only if you ask can our mind become clearer. It does not matter that you are a Muslim. It feels nice to know you want to know about other faiths as well.πŸ˜ƒ
SwerveBae thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
You don't like kebabs? 🀒

Anyways.

What's your husbands name?
What's your age?
How old are your kids?
Your bestfriend in here?
Someone you have known for a long time?
UMDU thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: June_Anne_Mary

umdu ji, I m totally satisfied with your answer. Maturity doesnt come with age, I believe. But you're one among the most elder and matured I've seen so far. Here is my grilling session.

1. we say "the God only is the eternal and there is noting next to him as he only exists in this world forever and everything takes birth and goes back to him". And also we do belive in Satan, devils, demons etc...many people claim when there is a positive, there should be an equal negative and also there are two equal sides of the same coin.. My question is when we say the God only is the one and eternal, how can there be another with or equal to him?

2. Let us consider there is only one, the God as said in our religious books. Then who is satan or evil or the bad? Is he also the God or is that our mistake?

3. The basic of Hinduism is Vedas. Since they contain the ultimate knowledge, we are supposed to follow what is told in them. My question is Devi Parvati is neither mentioned nor accepted anywhere in Vedas where as they hail Lakshmi, Saraswati, Brahma, Shiva, Vishnu. Then why do Hindus consider her as the supreme or at a higher status than Lakshmi and Saraswati, even saying she only is Aadi Shakti? Only because she got married to Shiva doent seem an acceptable reason for that.

I'm so sorry if I asked the wrong questions. Consider this only as my ignorance and forgive in that case. Im just curious to know.

Thank you so much for your compliments. I am really not anything great but it feels nice to be complimented. Now le me try to answer your third question first.
1.Goddess Parvati is a later creation and not there in the Vedic texts is still a debatable issue but is definitely there in the Upanishads and the Puranas. It is  believed by some among historians that the goddess  is an adaptation from the goddesses worshipped in the hilly regions of India.She is not an Aryan goddess. Others believe there is her reference to her as Uma in the Vedas. Still the issue is not clear as the Vedas were originally only orally transmitted from generation to generation and many additions came along the away and we do not know the time of those additions. They were written much later. The Puranas call Adishakti the original creator ,observer and destroyer of the universe. She is considered the source of other goddess.She is considered the feminine form of ultimate reality.She has been accorded a very high status in the Puranas independent of her husband's position.
Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
UMDU thumbnail
JAM, sorry the reply button got pressed accidentally. Now your first question Why did god create evil?  I will try to do it in the context of Hinduism as talking about other religions may become controversial. In our Gita and Bhagvatham there is no such thing as pure evil. Good and evil are relative terms and cannot exist without each other.What we perceive as good exists only because of existence of evil.
2.Evil or good cannot stand on their own.The difference between them according to the Vedanta is only the degree. You know good because there is evil.You have evil to compare with so you understand good.
3.Same thing can appear good and evil from different angles. Electricity can kill people ,it can also give light, fire can burn people it can help us to cook, river gives us water for irrigation  but it can also cause floods.
4.There is no good or evil.It exists only in the mind.What gives us happiness is good what gives us misery is bad.
5.There is no absolute good or bad ,it is relative.
6.Some events may be good for one and bad for another .Like if there is a famine in India ,it is bad for us but if we buy crops from US farmers than it is good for them.
7.We condemn a murderer and put him in prison while a soldier gets a medal in the battlefield.
8.Sharp demarcation between good and evil cannot be drawn.
9.God is like a sun who shines on all be it a good soul or a sinner.He does not discriminate.
10.The nature of the effect will be the same as the cause.Whatever you do using your mind which will have the power to discriminate to you what is good and bad, you will face the consequences in this birth or the next. The universe as such is not good or evil.It is a divine energy.However law of action reaction exists.  JAM it is too wide a subject to be discussed in the forum. If I ever get to meet you I can explain it better.It requires a very detailed description.
Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
UMDU thumbnail
[QUOTE=Superman.]You don't like kebabs? 🀒

Anyways.

What's your husbands name?
I can't give you that kind of information.
What's your age?
45 yrs.
How old are your kids?
24 and 19yrs  
Your bestfriend in here?
No in India in New Delhi.
Someone you have known for a long time?
My best friend.