'Munni Badnaam' singer to dance with Salman Khan

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
'Munni Badnaam...' singer to dance with Salman Khan

The Munni Badnaam Hui singer, Mamta Sharma will be singing and dancing withSalman Khan in Dabangg 2

Singer Mamta Sharma shot to fame after she lent her voice to Munni Badnam Hui inDabangg. But in the sequel, Mamta isn't just singing; she will also be sharing screen space with Chulbul Pandey aka Salman Khan!

"It was the biggest moment of my life when I got to know that in one of the sequences, Salman sir would be dancing with me! I was shocked and surprised at the same time. After all not many get to share the stage with Salman in his movies," she gushes, adding, "It is a one-and-a-half minute sequence where Salman will be seen dancing with me," she shares with excitement, before revealing how it was sheer luck that she got this opportunity.

"It is a sequence where Salman movie mein kisi party mein jaate hain where he finds a singer performing. He then comes up on the stage and starts singing and dancing with the singer. Initially, I was not the part of the sequence, but when Salman sir started shooting he said 'uskobhi frame mein dalo.' Despite people at the shooting arguing that the dance steps were designed for boys, he insisted, 'boys ke steps girls pe achche lagte hain, and sabke saamne bole, 'karlogi na?'. In fact, in some places where he observed that I was finding it difficult to follow the steps, he even got them changed without bringing it to anyone's notice that I was finding them difficult. I am really thankful to him."

Dig her a little more by asking who after 'Munni' is getting badnaam in this song, and she reveals with a smile, "Iss baar Munni ki jagah Kareena ma'am badnaam ho rahi hain," she claims referring to the main item song which Kareena is doing and adds, "Apart from that I have also sung the lines in Pandeyji Seeti, the item song where Malaika makes a guest appearance."

The singer is also busy with a number of other projects including Ajay Devgn's Himmatwala and Tigmanshu Dhuliya's Bullet Raja. "I am singing an item number with Sunidhi and Bappi da, and this is the first time Munni is performing with Sheila (Sunidhi Chauhan sang the popular song Sheila Ki Jawani)," she jokes, "I hope audiences will like it. For Bullet Raja I have sung some desi songs."

Though Mamta is best known for the item numbers, she is totally against controversial or vulgar lyrics. "There should be a limit to everything. As long as lyrics are comical, they are good but beyond if they become vulgar, they should not be allowed," she says.