Barun leaving - My rant and acceptance

Anamika100 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
 Please view this post as someone who has been expecting my wonderful world of Arhi to collapse ever since September when rumors started and have been waiting everyday for the sword to drop on my head, been depressed for last few days and now am finally tired of it and writing this as my personal closure.  You may or may not agree but that is fine.  

I have loved this show, this Jodi, this forum like no other.  Through the forum, I discovered the wonderful world of fan fictions and met some awesome, creative, talented people.   I have fond memories of  Team Barun and Team Sanaya squaring off  each day based on what happened in the show and those who loved both of them shaking our heads and enjoying this forum family fun.

Now all that is about to change due to Barun's decision.  At first I too got caught up in all the phases of loss and grief the are described in this great post by SerialJunkie but now I am at stage 7...hope.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3281027

I reached this stage because  I listened to an audio of a Barun interview on Friday and I kept looking for the Barun who cares and wants to still stay with IPKKND and unfortunately I did not find him.   I kept looking for what he liked about the show, the scenes, the story, the future...but what I got loud and clear is that he is tired, wants a break...does not know how long...he gets bored doing the same thing...and certainly no mention of any timeline or committment about coming back or concern for the show or fans.  I am sure there must be many events that led to this decision but now that it has been made, Barun was very definitive about the break and there was no mention of any negotiations or possibility of staying or coming back.  He did not even acknowledge heartbroken fans inundating the SP with calls, emails and letters.

His moving on does not change the fantastic character of ASR that Gul created, Barun brought to life and STAR PLUS telecast to the world.  

The best we can hope with all our efforts to impress upon those in power that The Jodi of  Arnav and Khushi must continue and I still hope that they will bring this love story to a decent closure with Barun.  The story at one time was all Barun as ASR but if he can not accomodate, the story has to be bigger than the actor and I would rather they bring another  actor to be ASR ...may be after accident ...with plastic surgery...amnesia...any daily soap cliche that works...and I will accept.

But life goes on...and if Barun has moved on...then the fans too need to find their own individual means of moving on.

Edited by Anamika100 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshiluvu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
That's what SP is seeing, are we actually willing or will this fire and craze die down in 2 days.

A couple of people have been posting that they are tired and fed-up.

Trust me, a time will come when you'll miss IPK and Sarun like and and then you'll look back and think - if only I had tried a little harder. Maybe I would have made a difference.

(: You can do it buddy. 
faree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thats what they want dont move on just spam there fb wall, email them call them anything just to protect our favorite jodi dont loose hope pls pls pls
Erika1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree with your take, and wish the other fans of the actor read between the line of that interview, I listened to said interview twice, to understand and has reached the same conclusions as you have, I don't know what some fans are hearing or evaluating from that interview,  but the gentleman was quite clear. Edited by Erika1 - 11 years ago
mayabegum thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
But life goes on...and if Barun has moved on...then the fans too need to find their own individual means of moving on.

^Agree.