India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

Hypocrisy (Page 3)

b2011 Coolbie
b2011
b2011

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 4:41am | IP Logged

Thumbs Up  UMDU.  Thanks for all your thought provoking posts.  I also like how you patiently reply to each convincingly.  Agree with all those examples you have given.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Priya_990UMDUfarhana874-Ayeshi-SAIBALROUTH

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by b2011

Thumbs Up  UMDU.  Thanks for all your thought provoking posts.  I also like how you patiently reply to each convincingly.  Agree with all those examples you have given.

Thank you so much Bhartiji. Your appreciation means a lot to me. Wish you and your family members  a very happy Diwali.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011Priya_990-Ayeshi-SAIBALROUTH

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 4:48am | IP Logged
Thank you Priya and Saibal for your kind words of encouragement and wish you a very happy Diwali.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011Priya_990farhana874-Ayeshi-SAIBALROUTH

Priya_990 Goldie
Priya_990
Priya_990

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 5:55am | IP Logged
Wish you also a very happy Deepavali UMDU ji.Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

farhana874-Ayeshi-UMDU

.Ami. IF-Sizzlerz
.Ami.
.Ami.

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 6:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by UMDU

Originally posted by ami_dabh

Awesome thought provoking Agni Missile. Star Clap Star

The best way to control hypocrisy is by controlling our tongue.Star.

N another is to keep our sensory organs balance with the help of yoga and Pranayam.Smile
Thank you  for your inputs..Controlling our tongue is one way.Think before you speak is another. I do not know whether yoga can help in controlling hypocrisy as my knowledge of the subject is limited.
Ops!Shocked! Sorry it's my mistake. I forgot to mention that balance of sensory organs can helps to make our brain stable. Embarrassed. It can't helps to control hypocrisy.Ouch

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shehjarfarhana874-Ayeshi-

Deebz IF-Dazzler
Deebz
Deebz

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 6:37am | IP Logged
Very nice list of social evils and ethical wrong doings Umdu. A good guide to youngsters on the forum. Hope they try to avoid those and hence avoid being hypocrites as well. 

Unless one is a Bhabo style mother in-law herself, I feel there is nothing wrong in calling Bhabo's methods unsavory. I know calling Bhabo names and making her a horrid villain is wrong as she is basically good person. But to keep excusing her behavior as tough love is debatable to me. Who knows for sure her resistance is for Suraj's benefit only? She may have always had the dream of ruling over  a pair of beendnis just like Meenudi which she is living now and does not want broken?

Bhabo here is a being hypocrite too. She adapts to progressive things when it benefits her children, like Chavi's engagement, WTC competition etc. Now to dismiss everything high handedly
without even a dialogue, cruelly snatching away the pen from Sandy and belittling her son, calling him a halwai ( Hello Bhabo! why did he become one?) is utterly wrong in my opinion and you may say, she is uneducated, does not know any better. She has the example of her own son who is not highly educated,  who tried to reason with her, and plead his case politely. 

And the argument that she was cheated about Sandy, was it not her responsibility to have enquired around about the girl she was bringing into the family? She is not any gullible or innocent person who believes everything told to her. She was in a hurry to get Suraj married  to keep her nose ooncha, in Hanuman galli about her proclamation of  finding a wife for him within 15 days. She is partly responsible for this mess too. 

Having said that, it is necessary for Bhabo to be like this. Otherwise there would be no drama and Dabh would end in in a day with a voice over  saying  Sandhya  went on to top the University in third year, passed IPS exam with flying colors and Diya aur baati lived happily ever after!!

My POV, don't bash, Ak 47, or run after me with a rolling pin or throw ice cream at meLOL

Edited by Deebz - 11 November 2012 at 6:37am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ladyterpshehjarfarhana874-Ayeshi-UMDU.Ami.

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=Deebz]Very nice list of social evils and ethical wrong doings Umdu. A good guide to youngsters on the forum. Hope they try to avoid those and hence avoid being hypocrites as well. 

Unless one is a Bhabo style mother in-law herself, I feel there is nothing wrong in calling Bhabo's methods unsavory. I know calling Bhabo names and making her a horrid villain is wrong as she is basically good person. But to keep excusing her behavior as tough love is debatable to me. Who knows for sure her resistance is for Suraj's benefit only? She may have always had the dream of ruling over  a pair of beendnis just like Meenudi which she is living now and does not want broken?

Bhabo here is a being hypocrite too. She adapts to progressive things when it benefits her children, like Chavi's engagement, WTC competition etc. Now to dismiss everything high handedly
without even a dialogue, cruelly snatching away the pen from Sandy and belittling her son, calling him a halwai ( Hello Bhabo! why did he become one?) is utterly wrong in my opinion and you may say, she is uneducated, does not know any better. She has the example of her own son who is not highly educated,  who tried to reason with her, and plead his case politely. 

And the argument that she was cheated about Sandy, was it not her responsibility to have enquired around about the girl she was bringing into the family? She is not any gullible or innocent person who believes everything told to her. She was in a hurry to get Suraj married  to keep her nose ooncha, in Hanuman galli about her proclamation of  finding a wife for him within 15 days. She is partly responsible for this mess too. 

Having said that, it is necessary for Bhabo to be like this. Otherwise there would be no drama and Dabh would end in in a day with a voice over  saying  Sandhya  went on to top the University in third year, passed IPS exam with flying colors and Diya aur baati lived happily ever after!!

My POV, don't bash, Ak 47, or run after me with a rolling pin or throw ice cream at meLOL (QUOTE)

Thank you so much Deebz for your inputs. I would like to disagree on the point on progressive things. Here as Bhabasa said it is not so much the idea of education but the IPS which is the bone of contention. She would have been considered progressive if she had allowed Chavvi to appear for civil services or agreed to marry Chavvi into a non Marwari family. Had Dileepji been a non Marwari  than Daisa and company would not have attended the engagement function as normally marrying outside the community  can result in a social boycott. She is afraid somebody may have seen Chavvi and Dileep together in Hanuman Gali and if the proposal comes from their side to save her family name why not accept  after all he is a Marwari and well employed. That is the thought which would have gone behind it with Suraj pushing her in that direction.  WTC was a one time event. while what Suraj is asking is the moon in Hanuman gali terms.  Her method of convincing her son may be wrong not her intention as she is being more far sighted about the profession than Suraj. I would have hurled abuses at  Bhabo had they not shown her sadly looking at her son and Bhabasa advising Suraj about it being ok if it had been an engineer or doctor but not IPS. Bhabasa who has always supported Suraj in everything till now is not that supportive of this idea. I agree fully with you that Bhabo is not a paragon of virtues.. The methods she applies to get her way including calling her son a halwai is unpardonable. She is crude, brash, blunt and insensitive to others feelings but in this particular case I personally feel she would have been more amenable had Suraj only talked about graduation not IPS and not enlisted the support of Ankur in the play.(  Knowing his mother well if he thought he just had to ask and she will agree that was being very naive). These two acts of Suraj have made Bhabo's resistance manifold. Suraj will have to pay for this mistake. Nobody said that Bhabo is not egoistic. She is and that is what made her marry her son off without enquiry due to the 15 day deadline. She also did not make enquiries of the previous girl as that one also ran away before marriage. So the conclusion would be that they just go by the middle men provided information as Meena also has not been a good choice.
           I have already in my last paragraph stated that no serial in India is complete without  rona dhona and DABH is no different. They have to show the traditional resistance to change. That is the main idea behind the serial.
          Do not worry no AK47,   only sweets and icecreams for you.   Happy Diwali.

Edited by UMDU - 11 November 2012 at 9:45pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

farhana874.Ami.

shehjar Goldie
shehjar
shehjar

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
lovely thought provoking post UMDU Clap.
what u have written is so true there is a little bit of hypocrisy in all of us Ouch.
coming to bhabo what i didnt like was the way she belittled her own son and this was not the first she did that and then talking about her sacrifice .given that she has sacrificed a lot for her family so has suraj but dont keep bringing up ur sacrifice again and again and dont force everyone else  to sacrifice.

on a lighter note this really cracked me up thanks to both UMDU and Deebz 

ROFLROFL
She also did not make enquiries of the previous girl as that one also ran away before marriage. So the conclusion would be that they just go by the middle men provided information as Meena also has not been a good choice.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

farhana874.Ami.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index