India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

Hypocrisy (Page 2)

-SamiR- Goldie
-SamiR-
-SamiR-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Such a valuable post UMDU ji! Thumbs Up Hypocrisy can be quite dangerous, not only for the individual, but for the community at large. My failed attempts at avoiding hypocrisy in recent years have taught me how easy it is to fall into this awful trap. If it helps anyone, one strategy I use is to give everyone as much benefit of the doubt as possible. Another strategy that I'm currently applying is to be strict with myself, so as to not justify my wrongs with lame excuses (as farhana talked about in her comment). The latter is quite hard to do! Ouch I think there are many from the senior gang in this forum, who are much wiser than me, and I hope they can share some strategies we can use to avoid hypocrisy. Thought provoking shows like DABH are an excellent medium through which we can train ourselves to be less hypocritical. I encourage myself first, and then others, to utilize this opportunity wisely! 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73b2011shehjar-Ayeshi-SAIBALROUTH.Ami.

.Ami. IF-Sizzlerz
.Ami.
.Ami.

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
Awesome thought provoking Agni Missile. Star Clap Star

The best way to control hypocrisy is by controlling our tongue.Star.

N another is to keep our sensory organs balance with the help of yoga and Pranayam.Smile

Edited by ami_dabh - 10 November 2012 at 11:43pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011shehjar-SamiR--Ayeshi-SAIBALROUTH

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ami_dabh

Awesome thought provoking Agni Missile. Star Clap Star

The best way to control hypocrisy is by controlling our tongue.Star.

N another is to keep our sensory organs balance with the help of yoga and Pranayam.Smile
Thank you  for your inputs..Controlling our tongue is one way.Think before you speak is another. I do not know whether yoga can help in controlling hypocrisy as my knowledge of the subject is limited.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-SamiR--Ayeshi-SAIBALROUTH

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -SamiR-

Such a valuable post UMDU ji! Thumbs Up Hypocrisy can be quite dangerous, not only for the individual, but for the community at large. My failed attempts at avoiding hypocrisy in recent years have taught me how easy it is to fall into this awful trap. If it helps anyone, one strategy I use is to give everyone as much benefit of the doubt as possible. Another strategy that I'm currently applying is to be strict with myself, so as to not justify my wrongs with lame excuses (as farhana talked about in her comment). The latter is quite hard to do! Ouch I think there are many from the senior gang in this forum, who are much wiser than me, and I hope they can share some strategies we can use to avoid hypocrisy. Thought provoking shows like DABH are an excellent medium through which we can train ourselves to be less hypocritical. I encourage myself first, and then others, to utilize this opportunity wisely! 
Thank you for your inputs. We all do need lessons in it and do need to work on a balanced approach to things. However it is easier said than done. Maybe such serials will compel us to think as you rightly pointed out.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73b2011-SamiR--Ayeshi-SAIBALROUTH

-Ayeshi- IF-Dazzler
-Ayeshi-
-Ayeshi-

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:11am | IP Logged
Again wonderful post Aunty...!!! Clap
U said it right...!!! Its easy to give opinion to others but when it comes to ourselves... then we really understand the situation n the difficulties...!!! Not b4 that...!!! We criticize about bhabo so easily but I think there r not many people here who would except a husband/wife who has to always move around place to place n put the life at risk always...!!! We justify Sandy's silence but I honestly think there is no one here who will remain silent if something like Sandy's situation happen in their life...!!! So I think its kinda hard to not being hypocrite always by changing ourselves...!!! So we need to control our tongue as Ami di said...!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011UMDUSAIBALROUTH

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ayeshi_101

Again wonderful post Aunty...!!! Clap
U said it right...!!! Its easy to give opinion to others but when it comes to ourselves... then we really understand the situation n the difficulties...!!! Not b4 that...!!! We criticize about bhabo so easily but I think there r not many people here who would except a husband/wife who has to always move around place to place n put the life at risk always...!!! We justify Sandy's silence but I honestly think there is no one here who will remain silent if something like Sandy's situation happen in their life...!!! So I think its kinda hard to not being hypocrite always by changing ourselves...!!! So we need to control our tongue as Ami di said...!!!
Thank you ayeshi for your inputs. I know it is easier said than done but these days I am making a conscious effort to have a balanced approach to things. I  cannot say I always succeed but these days I am more repentant when I make a mistake than I was when I was younger. At least I admit it when I know I am wrong. When I was younger my ego would not allow me to do that.

preeti73b2011-Ayeshi-SAIBALROUTH

Priya_990 Goldie
Priya_990
Priya_990

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 3:15am | IP Logged
Well done,well written UMDU ji.i just loved your post as alwaysSmile

b2011-Ayeshi-UMDUSAIBALROUTH

SAIBALROUTH IF-Sizzlerz
SAIBALROUTH
SAIBALROUTH

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Lovely thought-provoking post about hypocrisy UMDU Ji. You have depicted stark truth that happens here and fully agreed with your posts.

I try to avoid hypocrisy but at times fall into the trap because I try to keep the same image before teachers and well-wishers (which is just a shadow of me now)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011-Ayeshi-UMDU

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index