Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Prakash Jha stands up for Ajay

abjbdishiuw IF-Rockerz
abjbdishiuw
abjbdishiuw

IF Crazy Baby

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:51am | IP Logged

Veteran filmmaker, Prakash Jha, has come out in support of Ajay Devgn following his ongoing battle against YRF in which he has accused them of committing monopolistic practices. Jha and Devgn have worked together on quite a few occasions on films such as Dil Kya Kare (1999), Gangaajal (2003), Apaharan (2005) and Raajneeti (2010). The two will be working together again on Jha's upcoming film, Satyagraha.

Subash K Jha reports :

Says Prakash Jha, "I'm hundred percent with Ajay on this issue not only because he's a friend but because I know he's fighting a valid battle against a trade monopoly that exists. Those in the industry who want to sentimentalize the issue are only burying their heads in the sand hiding away from the truth."

Jha further says, "With due respects to Mr Yash Chopra whom we all have the highest regard for, this kind of thing has to stop. Does Ajay Devgn seem like the kind of guy who would raise such an issue unless he was sure of his facts? I'm a hundred percent behind Ajay because I've been a victim of the monopoly."

Says Prakash, "Why should Ajay allow his film to suffer because of this monopoly? Son Of Sardaar is not a small film. Please understand, Ajay's fight doesn't concern the multiplex chain of theatres. It is the single screen theatres which still account for 30 percent of our total revenues that have been pressurized into such a monopolistic commitment during the release of Ek Tha Tiger. Agreed Eid is synonymous with Salman. So flooding theatres with Ek Tha Tiger during Eid made some sense. But why should only Jab Tak Hai Jaan get a major portion of the theatres during Diwali when there is enough room for two releases especially when the other release happens to be a big Ajay Devgn project? Yeh kya baat hui? Eid bhi hamara, Diwali bhi hamara. So what are other filmmakers supposed to do? Wait in the line?"

On the second day of the Competition Appellate Tribunal hearing, YRF and its distribution bodies were issued with notices but the tribunal refused to take further action by staying the release of Jab Tak Hai Jaan. Jha was seen at the hearing helping out the lawyers from Ajay Devgn Films. The hearing continues.

I've always heard stories about how bollywood is one big family...and no body speaks against the other openly even if there are issues etc etc...and that's why the fraternity boycotted vivek oberoi when he spoke out against salman...

but in the recent past..first the PC-Kjo twitter war and now the YRF-ajay clash it's clear that the industry is no longer shy in washing it's dirty linen in public...and this time people are clearly taking sides

your thoughts:)

Edited by _Priyanka_ - 10 November 2012 at 11:00am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

HotMess IF-Stunnerz
HotMess
HotMess

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:58am | IP Logged
"Eid is synonymous with Salman" - what kinda statement is that? Then Yash Chopra or SRK can even say that they are synonymous with Diwali. So flooding ETT in theatres during Eid was okay, so why not with JTHJ? Confused I see hypocrisy in that statement, and I can't bare to read the rest of the article.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pocketbamboglitomnjerry2

abjbdishiuw IF-Rockerz
abjbdishiuw
abjbdishiuw

IF Crazy Baby

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HotMess

"Eid is synonymous with Salman" - what kinda statement is that? Then Yash Chopra or SRK can even say that they are synonymous with Diwali. So flooding ETT in theatres during Eid was okay, so why not with JTHJ? Confused I see hypocrisy in that statement, and I can't bare to read the rest of the article.

kuch bhi bolte hain...

i just find the whole controversy so annoying...it's turned into a circus!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top