-Alia-

IF-Rockerz

-Alia-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:29am | IP Logged
 * Discussion of the week!

Hey! 

Its my  turn to write
DOTW so here it is! 

I am sure most of the girls in this forum are girls.

So do you feel safe when you go out alone? I don't.  
Why is that 80% of girls in India feel insecure when it comes to going out alone? 

I am kind of bold, i feel scared when it comes to going out alone. Why is that? 

We say girls nowadays have freedom as much as boys have, but are we really getting out freedom? Freedom (here) means, to feel free. 

I am from Delhi, and people say Delhi girls are very bold and smart. Embarrassed But even in a city like Delhi, parents are scared to send their daughters alone.

I was looking for some surveys and in that it shows that raping has been increased from the past 2 years. 

I have some younger girl-friends who are in 7th i asked them what do their parents say when they leave them home alone. 

Some said that they never leave them home alone and some answered saying that their parents ask them not to open the door unless its them. Even i remembered my parents saying that to me when i was young. 

Even when i live in a country like United Arab Emirates, i feel insecure. 

Why is it like this? What can we do to change it? do you agree with me? 

Share ur thoughts with me! 

Edited by -Alia- - 10 November 2012 at 10:29am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Ms.Shyget_jasneetdmgfanA1-Araina-subhakmhl100littledevilsRadiance.Pihu.k11Mellifluous.KriYaansh960..DamonCrazy....Amina....Tamanna

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW | Girls feel insecure?" in The Buddy Project Season 2 - Now in College forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Radiance.

IF-Rockerz

Radiance.

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Nice topic :P

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Alia-..Tamanna

-Alia-

IF-Rockerz

-Alia-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:34am | IP Logged
@ Kesha1234 had to make a projct on this topic! xD 

Edited by -Alia- - 10 November 2012 at 10:34am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Radiance.

..Amina..

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:38am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Radiance.-Alia-..Tamanna

..Amina..

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Radiance.-Alia-..Tamanna

-Stardust-

IF-Rockerz

-Stardust-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Ohhh ... Nice topic. But nope yaar. Both my parents work so m home alone most of the times and i have been living like this since 9th std. My parents leave me alone at home. Yes, they say not to open the safety door and first look through the peep hole to see who is it. But that is it.
I live in mumbai and u must have heard that mumbai is a safe place for women and it is. I have come home at around 12 or even at 1 am with my friends once during college fests and dandiya nights and nothing ever has happened to me.. I feel completely safe to go out alone :p

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

100littledevilsRadiance.-Alia-Mellifluous...Amina....Tamanna

..Tamanna

IF-Stunnerz

..Tamanna

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Even My mum says don't open the door to anyone and i think she says it because she cares and honestly i don't feel that much precarious going out, i'm not saying that i'm fearless or secure, you cannot do anything about it because no matter what you do, you always have that fear inside!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Alia-..Amina..

-Alia-

IF-Rockerz

-Alia-

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by amiee125

But being in dubai im not scared to go out alone even though parents are scared to send out if you are alone!

Dubai, um, i from Sharjah and all the bengallis are there and are very weird. 

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.