Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Barun forced...And the end result will be?

shabnammm3 Groupbie
shabnammm3
shabnammm3

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Read this post ONLY if you are not a hyperventilating fan, and if you feel you can actually take a break from the madness and think rationally for a minute.

If you want to simply abuse and shout, go somewhere else. As always, I'm not interested in mindless rants.

Take a minute. Just a minute. To breathe. To calm down. And to think...What exactly are you trying to achieve here? Do anyone of you really know?

And I'm genuinely asking this question and hoping that people who read this actually stop for a second and think about what is the end result they hope to see.

For the last two days, I have seen the forum flooded with posts that read mainly along the following lines:
- Don't stop pressurising!
- Force SP to make Barun stay back!
- Force Barun to stay back!
- We are winning!
- Don't stop now!
- Trust Barun. He's not lying. But stop him from going!

And so on...

Ok, hypothetically speaking, let's just imagine the scenario pans out like you (the makers of these posts) want it to.

What you are basically doing is asking SP to somehow (financially/contractually/emotionally), blackmail or coerce Barun to stay with the show. 

Don't fool yourself into thinking that's not what you're asking. At least have the guts to admit that.

All of you know that Barun WANTS to leave. It is his choice to leave. It is his decision to leave something that he is tired of, and is not enjoying, and is bored of. He's said it himself! Very clearly so! So there's no ambiguity about that. Let's not fool ourselves on that account at least. You got it straight from the horse's mouth.

NOTE: Please understand that this does not mean he is tired of his fans. He is tired of the work he is doing. There is a difference. 

But in spite of this, in spite of knowing what he wants from his life, you all WANT TO FORCE HIM TO DO SOMETHING HE DOESN'T WANT TO DO. 

This apparently is your way of showing your love for the actor/person.

So let's see what happens if you were to succeed in your "mission".

Barun stays back for the show because he has been coerced by the channel in some way or the other. 
Now what do you think will happen? 

Will he be happy being in a situation he doesn't want to be in?
Will he enjoy working everyday on something he has lost interest in?
Will he be able to do justice to his work?
Will his misery come through in his acting? (As it already has. We've all seen his disinterest in the recent episodes)
Will all of you "fans" be happy knowing that you've made the person you've all idolized miserable?
Or will you all start criticizing Barun because he's looking tired, he's looking unkempt, he's not looking interested enough and so on?   

For once, think calmly and rationally about these questions. Because there's no magic wand here. It's not that once you FORCE Barun to stay back, he'll suddenly and magically be happy about it. 
HE WON'T BE. 

Nobody, and I mean nobody, can be happy if they are forced/blackmailed to do something. It is just not in human nature to be so. 

I suspect, and I may be wrong (though I doubt it), that most of these "movements" have been initiated and are being led by extremely emotional teenage fan girls. 

Now that is what I call irony. Cause if there's one section of society that absolutely hates and wholly resents being forced to do anything against their will is...you guessed it...TEENAGERS!

But be that as it may...whether it's teenagers behaving like this or others too...the point is: What would you have actually achieved? Think about it. Seriously.

And another thing...

There is a difference between love and obsession.
The former wants the best for the person they love, while that latter wants the best for themselves, irrespective of how the other person feels. 
It's like when an obsessive boyfriend/girlfriend refuses to break up a relationship and would rather threaten/blackmail and do anything to force the other person to stay in the relationship. Even at the cost of the other''s happiness and well being.

A fan who loves Barun will love his work and will wish him the best in his life and career. And hope to see more of him in whichever medium he chooses.

A fan who is obsessed with Barun will force him to do something he doesn't want to. And if he does manage to escape, they will pray that his movies/other ventures fail! (I have seen some so-called fans actually praying for that on this forum!) 

What an absolutely lovely way to show your love!    

There is a difference between a fan and a jailor.

A fan follows an actor's work avidly. Looks forward to his next venture. 

A jailor keeps prisoners. Stops a person from leaving. Stops a person from doing the things he loves. Stops a person from living his life as he wants. Takes the choice/the right of making a decision away from him. 

You choose who you want to be. 
Nobody is taking that choice away from you.
Barun is not taking that choice away from you, even if you are trying to take it away from him.

Cheers!

Edited by shabnammm3 - 10 November 2012 at 9:44pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sabz105

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top