BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
I was watching Kaminey on Zee TV and realized how good an actor Shahid Kapoor is. It's sad how he has ruined his career with bad movie choices. Not that he's a brilliant actor but he's a decent one compared to the overrated celebs in the business today

Another example is Abhishek Bachchan. Thankfully for him Bol Bachchan did well but he too ruined his career with meaningless movies. Yes he has Dhoom series under his belt but was he ever noticeable in them? John, Hrithik and now Aamir are the showstoppers and not Abhishek. He gave a flawless performance in Yuva but faded away with flops thereafter

Why do some actors are jinxed with bad movie choices? Not just these two but most of them including the big stars at times. Do they have bad script sense or lack of good scripts approaching them? Must be the combination of both

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
maybe movie scripts all look interesting but with direction they turn out bad... i think its a combination of 3 - the offers they get, the choices they make and their luck

BIackSwan thumbnail
Yeah luck do plays a major role in these actors' lives isn't it? Sometimes the crappiest movie becomes a super hit while a good sensible movie rots as a flop
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
In retrospect..a few actors who ran their careers to the ground..Sushmita,Manisha Koirala,Amisha Patel,Deols,Akshaye Khanna..

Shahid has made really bad choices..he still has time..
IamaPCmaniac thumbnail
PC's choices are now excellent.. though am a PCmaniac,I think Love sory 2050,chamku, and dorna were bad choices!
Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: NadzGirl...

Yeah luck do plays a major role in these actors' lives isn't it? Sometimes the crappiest movie becomes a super hit while a good sensible movie rots as a flop

i know...even if some actors work really really hard... or the movie is brilliant, they cant do anything if the audience doesnt like it... 

BIackSwan thumbnail
I don't like the Deols except for Abhay but yeah Akshay Khanna went under ground. He was so damn good in DCH

Manisha's Bombay and Dil se are amazing. I think she was addicted to alcohol or something and ruined her life more than her career
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Good topic Nadz! 👍🏼

Well shahid is delusional IMHO! He thinks he is a super star and would only pick those movies which would have him under lead roles with no other actor! Of course the best solo lead roles will go to srk, salman, aamir, biru, akshay, saif, imran, ranveer and following a huge list would shahid be on the preference. He can't expect the best to come to him but since he is so delusional that he neglects the script and others just to have him under all the importance- result: FAIL!

his case is more of being under misunderstanding regarding one's position and importance in the industry than bad movie choices- kind of like vivek whose mouth murdered his career then came wrong choice of movies

kareena i think is a perfect example of poor script sense- the woman has everything going in her favor: star power, looks, acting, connections- yet her script choice has always been terrible! 

BIackSwan thumbnail
Tnx Koiza!!

Gosh Vivek too destroyed his own self thanks to himself of course. This guy was good in Saathiya and he was so desperate to dig his own grave with the whole Aishwarya jazz

Kareena could have done better films but overall she isn't that bad is she? Yeah she did crap movies but compared to her contemporaries, she's doing alright. She's got Talaash which looks good so she's ok

Another jonah brother is SRK. I fail to understand his movie choices and struggling to cope with the favours he does for his friends. I guess it's high time I stopped giving it a thought 😆
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

oh no Nadz- didn't mean to say she is bad at all in fact kareena is one of the best we have today but she could have been a lot more consistent had she been a bit more careful with scripts!

srk is another such case. I fail to under stand what made him sign Ra-One which made no sense to me from start to end!

But i guess they all make mistakes, as far as they know how to balance it well which bebo did with talaash and srk with JTHJ!