Page 1
Page   of 2

RainbowWarrior

IF-Dazzler

RainbowWarrior

IJSMB Banner Contest Winner.

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prometeus

Never underestimate the power of a woman -- nor overestimate her age and weight.

And if you do the latter, you will surely see the former Wink Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vinzy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Nari Shakti: Really..?? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

Sapna: She is a nut case basically who said to Salman Khan that I am on this show not to win (yeah right) but for sending a message of women empowerment to youth. Now I have been following the show and all this lady has done is gossip, backbite, abused, misbehaved, acted like a clown, fought with other women and used vulgar language against others. If this is the endpoint of women empowerment then God help this movement. I seem to have missed such empowered women here in US. lol. Now another participant Mr. Sidhu supported her a lot and talked about his love (sisterly) for her but in the end she called him a coward and a kair on some silly issue.

Bottom line I am still waiting for the message to come out and I hope it comes out before she comes out.

Sampat Paal aka "sampy". Now she is leader of a "gulaabi gang" i.e. Pink Gang. I have no idea what it does but its a women's movement. Now she started with saying ok I will support women in the house. Gradually pink shifted to blue and in the end she was against all girls and in group of Sidhu et al. In some election (in the house) she developed issues with BigBoss  (BB) itself and did an act of sorts "hum ka BigBoss se sehmat naahin hain". BB called her and in confession room and after few minutes of lecture from BB she was seen apologizing. Now as soon as she came out she said to participants well BB apologized to me. Now imagine the normal people thinking about her movement. Poor lady remained subdued whole week and took a bath in swimming pool with people all around laughing and then she was shown the door by public/BB.

On the BB forum I am a Sapna fan, but she is a nutcase. However, I think Sampat deserves some more respect here. Have you looked up Sampat Pal online and seen the work that she does? In the rural part of India where she is from, many men beat and abuse women. She and her fellow women protect women from such abusive men, because the law will not. She also works hard to prevent child marriage and give girls access to education.

Big Boss is a poor reflection of her. She is a very rural unsophisticated woman. She doesn't understand western ways of BB inmates and viewers. She is not highly educated. She does not know how to present herself on television. Yes, she stirred a lot of controversy on BB and acted childish. However, she does merit respect for what she does for women. It is quite incredible what she has sacrificed and accomplished to better the condition of rural women.In fact what she accomplishes in the small villages of is much greater than what many of us can aspire to accomplish in life.

And why define women's empowerment by caricatures on television. What about stories like Malala (although she was not Indian) and several other unsung true heroes of women's empowerment.

-Chandramukhi-

peridot.

peridot.

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 11:56pm | IP Logged

Is women power and man power supposed to be same or are there any different expectations when we talk about nari shakti?

_Angie_

Post Reply New Post

Go to top