Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 2:06am | IP Logged
          In India, people talk much about Nari Shakti (Woman Power) and all but they fear to send a girl alone anywhere... What kind of power is this..??
The real nari shakti will be then when a girl is walking alone on the road at midnight and no boy dares to even look at her..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KA

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Nari Shakti: Really..??" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 4:18am | IP Logged
We are a highly hypocritical country with plenty of double standards. Woman power is to be felt by a woman, though and not by a nation. Women feel scared to be out in the middle of the night. It indeed isn't safe. However if she were to feel the woman power you're talking about, she'd make sure she's armed and vigilant and doing her thing, at whatever time of the day or night she frigging wants. That's how it goes. You need the woman to be fearless, let the society rot. Dun expect better, cause they dun have it in em to give you better. 

kavyasam

IF-Rockerz

kavyasam

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Nara or Naari , noone has any power anymore.   Even a man cannot walk alone after dark,  India or any other country for that matter. It is not safe, unless like @savage said you are armed, are alert, have a phone, have self defence skills  etc.

zorrro

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kavyasam

Nara or Naari , noone has any power anymore.   Even a man cannot walk alone after dark,  India or any other country for that matter. It is not safe, unless like @savage said you are armed, are alert, have a phone, have self defence skills  etc.

But still...A girl's matter is always sensitive...
Believe it or not...

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
In Chicago, a man (who was also known as "The Clown") kidnapped, raped, & killed boys. Their ages were between 12 & 30. He killed 30 boys. Were talking about men here who couldn't handle one guy. So, what women power are you talking about ? 

& why on earth do you want a girl to roam around the streets in the middle of night & that too, alone ? This world isn't a safe place. Not for kids, women, & even men. You should always take someone with you rather than trying to act tough & fearless. & is that even possible for a women to walk down the road, alone, without anyone looking at her ? Haha ! Don't make me laugh now. 

Women power. Ha ! What a joke. 

Edited by Aya. - 10 November 2012 at 6:59pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cocojatti92RainbowWarrior

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:42am | IP Logged
Is women empowerment some sort of hot issue back there in India these days? I ask this because in BigBoss (a program which I am following this year. Its on colors) there are two characters who also talked about women power when they came into the show.

Lets analyze the two

Sapna: She is a nut case basically who said to Salman Khan that I am on this show not to win (yeah right) but for sending a message of women empowerment to youth. Now I have been following the show and all this lady has done is gossip, backbite, abused, misbehaved, acted like a clown, fought with other women and used vulgar language against others. If this is the endpoint of women empowerment then God help this movement. I seem to have missed such empowered women here in US. lol. Now another participant Mr. Sidhu supported her a lot and talked about his love (sisterly) for her but in the end she called him a coward and a kair on some silly issue.

Bottom line I am still waiting for the message to come out and I hope it comes out before she comes out.

Sampat Paal aka "sampy". Now she is leader of a "gulaabi gang" i.e. Pink Gang. I have no idea what it does but its a women's movement. Now she started with saying ok I will support women in the house. Gradually pink shifted to blue and in the end she was against all girls and in group of Sidhu et al. In some election (in the house) she developed issues with BigBoss  (BB) itself and did an act of sorts "hum ka BigBoss se sehmat naahin hain". BB called her and in confession room and after few minutes of lecture from BB she was seen apologizing. Now as soon as she came out she said to participants well BB apologized to me. Now imagine the normal people thinking about her movement. Poor lady remained subdued whole week and took a bath in swimming pool with people all around laughing and then she was shown the door by public/BB.

Now the point of all this is when you have such kind of characters leading the fight of women empowerment then no wonder it has not succeeded. My take is that such issues should be dealt not by groups or individuals but through a collective effort on part of both men and women so that one develops a system that is fair to everyone regardless of gender. Even if men continue injustice against women there are laws to sort them out and punish them so that next man thinks 100 times before doing anything against a woman. This is how gradually women will be empowered.

By invoking gender and through these jokers who themselves get anti women when tested nothing will come out of it.

RainbowWarrior

muzzy_sk

Goldie

muzzy_sk

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:50am | IP Logged
Firstly I wonder why on Earth will a women roam about in the city at midnight, makes no sense to me.
Secondly, here in India all we do is TALK, thats it.just by saying or promoting women power won't help,women have to take initiative. It doesn't matter if its India or US or any other place, girls aren't safe and thats the truth. I don't mean to say that we should act cowardly and sit at home instead we should be armed, self defence skills and all. Thats the only way I feel the situation could be improve.

-Shreya and Kanishtha

RainbowWarrior

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:37am | IP Logged
Never underestimate the power of a woman -- nor overestimate her age and weight.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top